It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game tournament mass shooter was prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

That's not what I said.

I take a anti-seizure med myself, and I've also taken an anti-depressant too. But that anti-depressant completely destabilized my moods. I did not receive adequate guidance from my doctor on what it could do to me. I've also had a distant cousin flip out when he was trying to get started on a medication for dementia because it affected him badly. So I am guessing bad reactions might run in our family.

But I'm also aware that these medication, when used and monitored properly both getting started and getting off them (and if you are familiar you know that process can take months to settle in and out), are also very beneficial and can give a person his or her life back.

It's just that you have to be very aware that you are messing with your brain chemistry and until you know for sure what it going to happen, you need close monitoring from an informed doctor and a support network to make sure you're staying stable.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Cananda, The UK, New Zealand, Australia & Western Europe are all first world countries who have a fundamentally similar culture to the US and are also being over prescribed these anti-psychotics & anti-depressants.

So if your theory holds true, then why is it that only the US regularly has these mass shooting incidents?
edit on 28-8-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Lumenari

We should start calling it pharmaceutical-induced violence... would be a more apt term than gun violence.

yep, I suggest we start calling them Pharmashoottokills

Okay, that's very clever, and made me laugh (a little) but it would have been more accurate if you had written

PharmaSHOOTtokillwith WEAPONSthey bought legally. That's more honest.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes they do, and violent behavior too. During the getting on and adjusting dosages, getting off phases. When anything messes with serotonin, dopamine (and possibly even norepinephrine in the case of SNRIs), some intense and messed up moods can result.

This is the paradox - if such medications cause suicidal tendencies and violent behaviour, why are guns to blame and not the pharmaceuticals when someone is taking said medications and suddenly starts indiscriminately shooting people?

With the benefit of hindsight and investigation findings, we can go back and look at government sanctioned MSM anti-2A propaganda in the hours following such tragic events and compare that diatribe to actual findings of causes and reasons.

As you pointed out in your post, these types of pharmaceuticals are still needed by those who suffer particular ailments, and I fully understand that. This is where solutions can be made to RESTRICT any ownership of guns so as to at least try to minimise possible worse-case-scenario.

Should someone who is on such medication with symptoms and side effects as you've described be allowed to own a gun and/or have a CCP? IMO, no way - it's simply too risky. When someones life is such that they require such medications, I would never be convinced they they also needed a gun at the same time.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Should someone who is on such medication with symptoms and side effects as you've described be allowed to own a gun and/or have a CCP? IMO, no way - it's simply too risky. When someones life is such that they require such medications, I would never be convinced they they also needed a gun at the same time.

People on this site listen to you. I'm so happy to see this responsible post.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I can tell y’all from experience that Prozac is beyond evil. Dare I say Satanic. The serotonin syndrome I experienced almost made me famous. Until you’ve been there you don’t know. I can see how a weaker mind would crack. Luckily, I was able to tell myself I don’t really feel that way, it’s just the drugs. These guys are not in control of their own minds. They still should get the death penalty though. They knew what they were doing. I realize that not being in control of your mind and still know what youre doing may not make sense but like I said, until you’ve been there you don’t understand. It’s very similar to possession, except real
edit on 28-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Now the question is whether or not this would have happened if the shooter didn't know it would be on the news?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Yep. I can tell you he didn’t give a f..k about that
edit on 28-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Cananda, The UK, New Zealand, Australia & Western Europe are all first world countries who have a fundamentally similar culture to the US and are also being over prescribed these anti-psychotics & anti-depressants.

So if your theory holds true, then why is it that only the US regularly has these mass shooting incidents?

It happens here because we allow these patients to continue to own guns. Get a pyscho med...no guns until you are deemed well.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Fewer pills...fewer kills.
Smoke a doob if you're feeling gloomy.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

David Katz, the mass shooter who reportedly opened fire on a group of gamers at a “Madden NFL 19” tournament in Florida — killing two fellow gamers, then himself — had been treated for mental illness and prescribed both antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs, according to multiple media reports.

“[A]s a teenager he was hospitalized twice in psychiatric facilities and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications,” reports Fox News.

This is yet another documented case of a young male on mind-altering psychotropic drugs who later committed mass murder

This will come as a shock to no one on ATS. Once again we see a case of a mentally ill shooter with a long, documented history of anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication use.

I don't believe it is a coincidence that there is a high correlation between these drugs and anti-social behavior.

Source

Very true, and not shocking.

There is a strong correlation across the board with high-profile homicides/mass shootings and medication (either while using or after terminating), and I've paid attention to that for a long time.

The next question, which is an unpopular one, for some, is how people prescribed anti-psychotic medications and those undergoing or having undergone mental health treatment are legally able to purchase firearms.
edit on 28-8-2018 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well, their mentally ill in the first place, while I have no problem criticizing the pharmaceutical industry you’ll have a hard time correlating the fact of the mental illness of the shooter which they'll say inclines them to these kinds of actions in the first place, while blaming the drug companies

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

G'day Bud,

Let's just watch everyone ignore the reality of your question.

You hit the nail on the head mate. However, "they" will come back at you (and me) with a million excuses rather than just see the plain simple truth.

Anyone can get a gun in the US. Even loonies.

Take away the guns, what are you left with?........yep, just loonies with no access to mass murder.

"but, but but...what if they choose to run people over with a car, do we ban cars now? derrrr" I hear them scream. Don't be so F* stupid, you know exactly what the difference is. Grow up, get over it and dump the guns from your society.

Yes, people are always going to kill other people, it's human nature. However, the ease at which one can obtain, reach, access a gun is evidently easy in the US.

Yes we have gun crime here in Aus and over in Europe/UK even, but it's such a small amount compared to you daily totals in the US it's not even part of the same argument.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wouldn't it make more sense to say which shooter was not on anti depressants?

The list would be shorter.

Is there even a list of them?

Seems everyone has either been prescribed those drugs and taking them or they were prescribed those drugs and they stopped using them.

From the experience of seeing someone up close on those meds, they really mess with a persons mind. It's even worse when they miss doses of them.

If one cocktail of drugs doesn't work, they just prescribe a new one and don't care about leftover pills and refills.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

No one is completely sane. You cannot have emotions and be completely sane. When a government goes tyrannical it can deemed anyone insane. The main purpose of the guns is to fight tyranny. Gun free zones and SSRIs are to blame

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

The main purpose of the guns is to fight tyranny

Whaaaaaa?

Really. Didn't see much tyranny whilst walking around the states? ........without a gun may I add. Felt incredibly safe.
edit on 28-8-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Content

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You've made some very good points.

It is essential to have adequate follow-up with the physician who prescribes the medication. Any time my medication has been altered, my doctor scheduled follow-ups every few weeks to see how the changes were affecting me, until he was satisfied I was not experiencing any bad side-effects.

It's also useful to have a support network that is knowledgeable enough to know if I am acting unusual. They make sure that I'm taking my meds as I should. And they have no problem involving others if my unusual behavior continues.

For my part I've experienced some relief from my daily intake of psychotropic pharmaceuticals. But they are not a cure-all.

I've also had a distant cousin flip out when he was trying to get started on a medication for dementia because it affected him badly.

This is exactly what happened to my mother. Her doctor prescribed a medication to treat her Alzheimer's. She became a completely different person. She went from my sweet little old mom to the most vile spawn from hell. Within a few days of coming off the medication she went back to normal.

I am a 2nd Amendment supporter. However, I have stated in these forums many times that there are some people who should not be able to possess firearms. But, like everything else, it can be a slippery slope to actually identify those people without unreasonably trampling on the constitutional rights of others who should be able to possess them.

-dex

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

David Katz, the mass shooter who reportedly opened fire on a group of gamers at a “Madden NFL 19” tournament in Florida — killing two fellow gamers, then himself — had been treated for mental illness and prescribed both antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs, according to multiple media reports.

“[A]s a teenager he was hospitalized twice in psychiatric facilities and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications,” reports Fox News.

This is yet another documented case of a young male on mind-altering psychotropic drugs who later committed mass murder

This will come as a shock to no one on ATS. Once again we see a case of a mentally ill shooter with a long, documented history of anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication use.

I don't believe it is a coincidence that there is a high correlation between these drugs and anti-social behavior.

Source

There's a high correlation between pepperoni and pizza.

The people on these medications, commit these acts, because they were at risk in the first place.

These medications are not triggering these effects, as far as I am aware. Please show me the peer reviewed journal that has consensus on this implication?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Once again we see a case of a mentally ill shooter with a long, documented history of anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medication use.

And once again we have to remind people that other Western countries have a higher use per capital of anti-psychotic anti-depressant drug use compared to the US. We don't even make the top 10 - that goes to Australia, the UK, and some other EU nations. Funny though, they don't have as many mass killings?

What next? video game violence?

Your source has charts from the the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
I cant find anything else . No major studies from medical groups
Please find another source and link it.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Source

I agree, there's a big correlation. Knee jerk reaction is to say never prescribe these types of drugs again, but then how do you treat chemical imbalance in the brain?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join