It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mutually respectful Trump discussion.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Quite frankly I don't know whether I like or dislike President Trump.

I think we should put a little more thought into our immigration policies; especially with respect to our closer neighbors. I've given up on my favorite social issues that are opposed by the religious-right element. But that stuff can be addressed in the future, if necessary.

I agree with his recognition of China as America's greatest threat and acting accordingly. I agree with his proposal for federal prison reform. However, I know Congress will never fully fund it.

I've actually become somewhat numb to Mr. Trump's continuous stream of lies. I've starting viewing him as crazy Uncle Donald. Most people have one of those characters in their extended family that can spin a mesmerizing yarn; yet you know that 90% of what he's saying is a lie, or at least an exaggeration. You eventually learn how to read between the lines.

Something happened to me when Mr. Trump visited the UK, and broke every rule of etiquette when visiting the Queen. My Mr_President_Donald_J_Trump_Behavior_Analyzer crashed its stack. The program is unrecoverable. That's when I started looking at Mr. Trump's actions with a slight bemusement. Knowing there is actually nothing I can do about it; and recognizing the novelty of his character. In many ways he's becoming an antihero.

President Trump burned the rule book the day he came into office. I'm beginning to face that reality. Much of what he''s doing just befuddles me; so I've written it off to "being above my pay grade." At this point, I'm just remaining silent and waiting to see how all of this apparent drama and mayhem is going to shake out.

I would also like to say to those who believe there is no middle ground in politics that you are quite wrong. The problem is that the narrative is being driven by those who are at the opposite ends of the political spectrum; especially with respect to Mr. Trump. Remember that moderates are the ones who ultimately make the decision at the polls; not the partisans.

-dex

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: network dude

I like most of his moves so far.
I would like to take his phone away though, enough with the Twitter crap.

That aside I am satisfied he's trying to keep his promises.

Without the twitter crap we'd have no idea what's going on in the White House and around the world...We're certainly not getting any truth from the Main Street News Media...

<< 1  2   >>

join