It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D printed gun blueprints for sale after U.S. court order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Monday's decision blocked a settlement between the Trump administration and Defense Distributed, which argued that access to the online blueprints is guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution's First and Second Amendments, which protect free speech and the right to bear arms, respectively.

I wonder who was really pushing to block this, gun makers, gun control, the government, all the above?

I also think the whole argument that these guns are a threat to global security is bunk!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think theyre garbage, as an enthusiast. 1 shot, short life, still require metal barrels and many other moving parts like springs etc...They can keep their ugly lego guns and Ill keep my beautiful steel and alloy engraved beauties, that will outlast my grandkids that havent been born yet.

Should be legal though, lol gotta spring mega bux for the printer, the "ink" and in the end...ya got a flippin lego gun

Eta i think they pushed this legislation in order to keep the so called need for further gun control front and center...any win is a win for these folks.

edit on 28-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I agree they are ugggggggly, but what I do like is that they may open the door to people that want something for protection and don't want to spend a lot of money. I would love if someone made these for the elderly living alone. I heard in Chicago thugs have been going into elderly homes and beating them up real good and robbing them.

Right now the printer and materials may cost a lot but I think that will change. I remember when VCRs cost around 2K and you had to be "rich" to have a microwave or computer.
I love the fact that we are going down the path that we can print so many things so quickly. This is going to be history changing!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If you're going to be on the side of banning this, then you'd have to be on the side of banning, "The Anarchists Cookbook".

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
composite ammo

primer maker

Yes composite bullets are out there and also one can make composite or aluminum primers. The softer the primer the more chance of premature firing.

Point is that these guns can be totally lethal and totally able to pass right through most metal detectors.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I hear you...Im a bigger fan of 3d printed modular dwellings in order to explore space and colonize as well as cheap housing for lower income. As a bit of a carpenter I should lose my craftsman card for saying that...but I can see the need.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I agree. if theres anything this country needs is the ability to dyi your own guns. imagine all the crimes these will thwart and lives they will save.
please use torrent application to make sure these files are shared and upload instructional videos on the 'YouTube ' if you can.

we we sorely need a new subcategory for mass shootings: 3d printed mass shootings, '3dms'
guns dont kill people!

viva the 2nd...eventhough it was written a few centuries ago to recognize a specific threat at the time...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have had this since 2013, I think most of the Internet has as well

It is still good to see this out there

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

We are on the same page. I saw a printed house, it was basic but it is the start of things to come.
I think this could do wonders in the medical field too. Of course they would probably never pass that savings onto consumers.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

thats not accurate, barrels cant be gotten around, thats just scare tactics,now Im going to have to dig around Dana Loesch's site to site a source. I would NEVER fire any round of substance through a soft metal.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
composite ammo

primer maker

Yes composite bullets are out there and also one can make composite or aluminum primers. The softer the primer the more chance of premature firing.

Point is that these guns can be totally lethal and totally able to pass right through most metal detectors.

Well its not like they cant add a mineral detector to scanners in airports as well. But also some in the law enforcement community say they are not totally undetectable.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

These are not for multiple firing but are indeed made from composite plastic.

Just look at the pics.

The firing pin is the only metal part but can be composite if you make your own primers out of something softer than brass. Actually a primer is not even necessary in the traditional sense because you can take one of those composite jackets and pop out the primer and fill the space with super glue and match tips then reload your bullet with a composite bullet.

The springs are composite.

As others have pointed out not everyone will be doing this but some will indeed.
edit on 28-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: howtonhawky
composite ammo

primer maker

Well its not like they cant add a mineral detector to scanners in airports as well. But also some in the law enforcement community say they are not totally undetectable.

Yes airport scanners do indeed use technology that is well beyond simple metal detection so those detectors pick up most everything.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

except for the steel firing pin and barrel...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

both can be bypassed and i addressed that in a post above.

the only reason a firing pin needs to be metal is because of the brass primer. One can indeed make a composite primer and use a composite firing pin with a composite bullet and composite barrel. It may sound like work to some but if you are printing your own gun it is no big deal to do a mod to a bullet.

This gun is not for the firing range.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I take it that anyone who prints a gun will still have to pass stringent guns checks

So now there can potentially be guns where ever the internet is available, the purge is coming

In my own opinion there seem to be enough readily available guns in the world, its like some bad episode of Star Trek with the replicator being taken over by monkeys hell bent on destrction.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Gunmakers are not threatened by these 3D guns as no gun enthusiast would use it over a real, quality firearm. The only people losing their mind over this are people that don't value the Constitution or that just don't understand anything about firearms.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the metal in the bullet even the composit have metal in the bullet copper acording to the site

i dont know of any material that can be used as a bullet with the mass needed to be lethal and still fit in the gun that is undetectable

no diferent than a zip gun if you get the ammo in the rest is easy ball point pen and a rubber band will fire the round ... tho i wouldent recomend it

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

You can build your own REAL firearm in the privacy of your own home by ordering the parts online. No serial number or background check required.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Very true. And if you're a machinist you don't even have to order parts, you can make them all yourself (with the possible exception of springs). All this nonsense about "undetectable" guns is just that - absolute nonsense, proffered by the ignorant and those with an agenda. Anti-gunners are clueless, often willfully so. It is, and has been for a very long time, legal for an individual to build his/her own gun at home, as long as it's for his/her own use. You can make it, but you can't go commercial. If the maker at some point decides to sell it, then the maker has to assign a "serial number" to it, and the buyer has to go through the NICS check.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join