It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Banker Robbed of iPad, Briefcase in Mysterious Overnight Break-in at His NYC Penthouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Paul Manafort's one-time banker had his Manhattan penthouse burglarized overnight, a mysterious break-in that saw a briefcase, iPad and sneakers stolen from the residence, law enforcement sources familiar with the case tell News 4.

David Fallarino, dubbed Manafort's "front office banker" at Citizens Bank by the Huffington Post, told authorities he left the terrace door of his West 58th Street home open before he went to sleep Monday, the sources say.

Fallarino, 38, said he heard a noise around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday and went out to find a crow bar on the terrace, the sources say. There were no apparent signs of forced entry, the sources say, but Fallarino reported his wine cabinet was open and there was a bottle of wine on the floor. The briefcase, iPad and sneakers were the only items missing; the contents of the first two were unknown.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

I dont know what to make of this, but it seems ripe for conspiracy discussion.

Could this have been done by people connected to the deep state, or to manafort, trying to get their hands on or dispose of evidence?

Or was it just a normal everyday burglary?

Why were valuables left and only a brief case and I pad taken.

Very strange.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm not pointing to a party of any sort more than another, but it sounds like someone was after information, hence the briefcase.

The Ipad is certainly odd, and dumb considering it has multiple ways you can trace it's location. Some have GPS capabilities, all have wifi, so tracking that down may not be too hard.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'd bet dollars to donuts it was either someone from Mueller's team or CNN.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Paul Manafort's one-time banker had his Manhattan penthouse burglarized overnight, a mysterious break-in that saw a briefcase, iPad and sneakers stolen from the residence, law enforcement sources familiar with the case tell News 4.

David Fallarino, dubbed Manafort's "front office banker" at Citizens Bank by the Huffington Post, told authorities he left the terrace door of his West 58th Street home open before he went to sleep Monday, the sources say.

Fallarino, 38, said he heard a noise around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday and went out to find a crow bar on the terrace, the sources say. There were no apparent signs of forced entry, the sources say, but Fallarino reported his wine cabinet was open and there was a bottle of wine on the floor. The briefcase, iPad and sneakers were the only items missing; the contents of the first two were unknown.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Could this have been done by people connected to the deep state, or to manafort, trying to get their hands on or dispose of evidence?

Or was it just a normal everyday burglary?

Very strange.

It is strange, its getting so strange that it would be unbelievable as you have said in a "Tom Clancy" novel and yet it happened. LOL its like the old Jon Lovitz liar character on SNL. Its difficult not to feel this is all being manipulated.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Why the sneakers?

That stands out to me.

Briefcase and iPad make sense but not sneakers in this context.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

To try to make it look like a regular robbery.

This whole thing smell like sheesh to me.

The timing of the recent events just points to everything being manipulated in this way.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That's certainly very convenient. I wonder if this guy set up the "robbery" to cover destruction of evidence? I mean, he lives in Manhattan, and he goes to sleep with his back door open?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
That's certainly very convenient. I wonder if this guy set up the "robbery" to cover destruction of evidence? I mean, he lives in Manhattan, and he goes to sleep with his back door open?

That's what it sounds like to me. I tried to stop myself from thinking this way, telling myself I've seen too many movies, but then stopped myself from thinking so by considering he's seen too many movies. Now I'm convinced he did it himself. Got himself a crowbar and lost a pair of sneakers he didn't need any more. Something about Labor Day maybe.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My money's on James Acosta.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

West 58th Street penthouse and he left the terrace door open.

If it's really a penthouse, it's hard to picture anyone gaining access. Harder still to understand why they left a crowbar behind when the place was supposedly left open. Someone climbed up there or wandered in past the security and went straight to the top floor.

The crowbar adds some material evidence to back up the claim. CCTV in the entrance, elevators and lobby ought to be a given and the police are likely looking at it.

Manhattan has nearly 200 burglaries a month according to this source. I can't find a good source for specifically W58th or penthouses in general.

I think it sounds like BS. That isn't to say the guy's covering up any Trump misdeeds although it's entirely possible. I think it's reasonable to speculate that people at his level could have a lot of reasons to cover their tracks.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'd bet dollars to donuts it was either someone from Mueller's team or CNN.

I'll take that bet and say it was someone from the Trump's team or one of his kids.

How many dollars to my donuts?

Stolen evidence cannot be used in a trial, but missing evidence also cannot be used in a trial. Who benefits from this one?

edit on 28-8-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I go with Manafort's banker guy, Fallarino, ditching compomising sh!t
even so... he could've just dumped everything without drawing any attention
Hmmm, very fishy

Could be a Trump Team or a Mueller Team 'raid' for goodies
but then, given that Mueller is Deep Stäte,
he'd have top notch help from his buddies in the agencies
-> aaaand ...we'd never even know about it !

Where-as, if it were a Trump Familly Syndicate caper
i guess, well, the thing would be carried out by rubes and dupes
and probably micro managed, close to home ...

Whatever the ultimate outcome
it feels a bit Watergatey to me

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Now ... if you had a sealed indictment ... that let you do a no knock raid searching for evidence ... is it really so far fetched that a Special Forces guy went in and retrieved what the search warrant was for.

Now they would have the iPad, Briefcase and the shoes would give you DNA or ... well it depends on what he did with those shoes on.

I do not know the legal system in the US to know if this is possible.

P

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

naaah he could have used a hammer

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GramblerOr was it just a normal everyday burglary?

Sounds really fishy to me. I would think a penthouse would be safe? That's not exactly the hood...lol Perhaps he did it himself for a myriad of reasons. As someone said in another post, an ipad could be tracked by GPS (instantly?) If they never find it and say that "he just happened to have the location services off" then I think he did it. So we wait to see what happens...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I don't think conspiracy but who knows..

More likely young black man with crowbar, black guy cause of the missing shoes lol, I'll say it! Was going to break the door in but found it open, lucky day!

First thing he sees is briefcase, iPad. Puts down crowbar, grabs case then suddenly hears cough from sleeping guy, freaks out, books it with case forgetting multipurpose tool.

Case closed.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

If you leave your back-door open in Manhatton, are you asking for it??

Ha Ha.

A brilliant joke there but I'm not going into that.

And another joke right there..

Ha ha.. I should stop.

Seriously though... leaving your back door open is asking for trouble.

Ok. Any which way I put this, it sounds like a big joke and this isn't the joke section.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

and

a reply to: tayton

Penthouse balconies are not generally easy to access. Think about it for a moment.

top topics

join