It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Women in the Military? Combat?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I will just state my opinion since it came up in another post,

(1) Women in general make fine soldiers and no war was ever won without them. Combat roles are a different story in my opinion.

If the chips are down say like Israel in 1967, every able body should fight, but in 'limited warfare' it is a bad idea. Man starts the wars and he should fight them. With women there would be no wars, just intense negations every 28 days! (Little bit of humor, so take it that way)

The navy has recently found out what it started in the first Gulf War, how many women get pregnant? Many times the civilian averages in combat zones. Some can make damn good money in a war zone..

My wife and I disagree on this one but hey I think I am right.


They should be able to be a fighter pilot, (rumor has it they are better at it), but when it comes to combat, that should be a last resort.


(2) Arguably the children need their mothers more than the fathers and women dying on the battlefield is just not right in my opinion.




posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think my sibling Ed is way off here. I served in the Navy. Women are definitely a distraction from your responsibities. I do not think they should be in the services at all. Killing is a man's job when absolutely needed. I do not want women to have to contribute to killing. Their job is to bring life into this world and nurture it, not support or contribute to taking it. I am not saying that women could not be very good at it (many are). American women have killed more humans than all American men have in all America's wars. That does not make it right.



posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
I think my sibling Ed is way off here. I served in the Navy. Women are definitely a distraction from your responsibities. I do not think they should be in the services at all. Killing is a man's job when absolutely needed. I do not want women to have to contribute to killing. Their job is to bring life into this world and nurture it, not support or contribute to taking it. I am not saying that women could not be very good at it (many are). American women have killed more humans than all American men have in all America's wars. That does not make it right.


Well brother, you seem to forget the contribution women such as the waves gave in WWII. I am not for women not in the military at all, just not in combat....read - get you head out of your arse!



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am with ed on this i am not women in combat ethier, I think they can do the job fine and better than some men can as well.
BUT, its my opinion that women should not be in harms way, and if they are should be removed from the "harms way".

Just my personal opinion.



posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My feeling is that if they wish to serve and be on the front lines in danger let them. Women have the same right to serve in "danger" as their male companions.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Not if they are going to distract the men from carrying out their responsibilities. If you are not distracted by women when you have no gotten any in months then you are either gay(and do not belong in the armed forces) or blind (dito)



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Not if they are going to distract the men from carrying out their responsibilities.


That says more about men and the way they look at women.
Women should not be discounted due to the reaction men have to them.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
its my opinion that women should not be in harms way, and if they are should be removed from the "harms way".


Why shouldn't women be in harms way, and if they are, they should be removed from harms way?

Do you think the same of men?

If not, why?



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Not if they are going to distract the men from carrying out their responsibilities. If you are not distracted by women when you have no gotten any in months then you are either gay(and do not belong in the armed forces) or blind (dito)


Why sh ould the criteria of who doesnt 'belong' in the armed forces be sexual orientation or gender?
Can't a gay man or woman fight as effectively as a hetro male?



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Can the women just put on their boots without spending a hour deciding if these combat boots go with the desert cammo BDU's?

Can a gay man be caught dead desert cammo BDU'd with something Versaci on?

Will gay men stop staring at Hetero men when they showering? Its creepy.
I know I couldn't if a were showering with women. They would no doubt be creaped out as well.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Its creepy. I know I couldn't if a were showering with women. They would no doubt be creaped out as well.



Some might even get sick to their stomachs
Or die of laughter!



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Can the women just put on their boots without spending a hour deciding if these combat boots go with the desert cammo BDU's?

Can a gay man be caught dead desert cammo BDU'd with something Versaci on?

Will gay men stop staring at Hetero men when they showering? Its creepy.
I know I couldn't if a were showering with women. They would no doubt be creaped out as well.



Maybe you should stop relying on stereotypes as a basis for judging.

Your generalizations make you look like an idiot.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by parrhesia]



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
oh stop that!!!! You are just a big meanie. Do you kiss your mother with that tongue? Let me ask her. I know you still live at home



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
oh stop that!!!! You are just a big meanie. Do you kiss your mother with that tongue? Let me ask her. I know you still live at home


Meanie? Maybe.. or maybe I just tire of your use of generalizations, rather than any substantive arguments.

And No, dearest Reagan, I don't live with my parents.




posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Good for them, disappointments are best experienced in solitude rather than face it.



posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaganwasourgreatest
Good for them, disappointments are best experienced in solitude rather than face it.




you crack me up



posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Why shouldn't women be in harms way, and if they are, they should be removed from harms way?

Because I dont like seeing women get hurt....


Do you think the same of men?

I dont like seeing people hurt period, just women a bit more.



Good for them, disappointments are best experienced in solitude rather than face it.

Do you just love insulting people or is it cause he/she pointed something out......



posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
agree. Allthough women have perforemd admirably under fire when necessary do not feel that women should take place n actv duty combat. Not becuase they cant hack it, because they are more valuable to the human race than men on a reproductive level. A man can sire many children at the exact same time, a woman can not. Therefore fewer men is OK fewer women leads to the destuction and extinction of the human race.



posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Fact is we're not sending all the women to the front lines or having all the women go to war. The human race will still go on if a couple thousand women go into combat on the front lines. Thing is everyone has a right to serve in the millitary and defend their nation. Wheter they be gay, black, male, female, Muslim, Jew, Christian etc, it does'nt matter.

Women should not be deterd from combat roles just beacause men find them attractive, would you prefer they wear long veil like garb such as in Muslim culture?



posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Women should not be deterd from combat roles just beacause men find them attractive, would you prefer they wear long veil like garb such as in Muslim culture?


EXACTLY!

As I said, it says a lot about men and the way they view women if the reason for not allowing women into combat is because they'll be 'distracting!'



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join