It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to Pay Farmers $4.7 Billion to Offset Trade-Conflict Losses--Update

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Excellent responses!

Extremely serious question to follow.....

Who reading this have ate soybeans lately?...intentionally

you have this morning without realizing it.

soy beans are a versatile ingredient for farmers, used to feed stocks in large quantities to oils and milk extracts to keeping food fresh and other non food related applications....
you Google it.

No i did not intentionally eat soybeans this morning now any morning...

That was the point i was putting forth that they sneak it in basically as a filler.

Life would continue without soybean subsidies.

eta
It reminds me of how much gmo modified corn they grow that is not fit for human consumption. I just was not raised to do things like grow food that is inedible. Kinda defeats the whole mantra of being stewards to animals and you are what you eat.
edit on 28-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
And we'd be better off without alcohol in our gas... ie. corn.
a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Fermented soy in the form of Miso soup is all I consume of that bean. Its mega high in phyto estrogenic compounds and is sprayed with a witches brew of pesticides etc... that are otherwise endocrine disrupters. Estrogen causes stuff to grow...Im 51, I want my prostste to stay the same

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Interesting.

Sounds pretty rare to want fermented pesticide laced soybean substances.

Perhaps you could just buy a bottle of round up and some estrogen pills and mix in in some egg drop soup and just pretend the government ripping everyone off is a good thing.

i kid with you

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
And we'd be better off without alcohol in our gas... ie. corn.

Oh that is a super mind boggling exercise that we undertake right there.

We add ethanol to the gas which is evaporative then we add even more chemicals in it so that it does not evaporate.

All while untreated gas is just fine but REGULATIONS put forth by cali. and lobbyist for the corn belt have a deal with the exxons of the world.

These are things a good government for the people could address while waiting on countries to come to the negation table for tariffs.

They say no let us not bother with such as long as we have stormy and mueller to keep us distracted.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

My father once gave me piece of advice "if you don't eat you don't $h!t, and if you don't $h!t you die." That statement alone should force the government into action.

With the el Nino and the tariffs, American farmers needs all the help they can get. Trumps Isolationist policies aren't helping, I told my former radio partner in crime that the growth of civilization was built on trade. For thousands of years nations traded food cultivation techniques, food, valuables, and knowledge.

We traded our way to where we are today, The admin needs to realize that no trade equals no good.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Their not all bad. Here in North Carolina... ncsoy.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Soy based foams are currently being developed for use in coolers, refrigerators, automotive interiors and even footwear. Beginning in 2007, Ford Mustangs and other vehicles rolled off the production line with soy foam in the seats. New uses in the automotive and equipment industry followed, including lubricants, body parts, interiors and seating.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Isn't this welfare?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

That term sounds so dirty and peasant like.

Fund allocation sounds more corporate.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why are our major farmer corporations growing so high a quantity of GMO corn and Soy. It was a dumb move from the start. They should have been growing stuff we need and not poisoning the land with all those glyphosates. Most of the exports go for animal feed. The other countries don't want to poison their own land with the GMO roundup resistant garbage. They are not dumb like us, they know how roundup can turn fertile land into wasteland by overfarming with these crops. Just because we have corrupt people destroying our land here does not mean other people do it.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So I don't see how doesn't count as welfare. Can someone explain that to me? We are basically paying farmers to not farm. How is that not welfare?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

So I don't see how doesn't count as welfare. Can someone explain that to me? We are basically paying farmers to not farm. How is that not welfare?

Nobody can explain that and still be rational and logical.

They can bs you till dark over the matter though.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Nobody can explain that and still be rational and logical.

They can bs you till dark over the matter though.

But I thought the political conservatives were against welfare...

I'd rather Chinese dollars pay our farmers to farm, rather than my tax dollars paying them not to farm.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They have to keep paying or they loss the vote for Republicans.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Isn't this welfare?

Yes it is...

And my 180 acres in Texas should bring in a nice little chunk of change and I'm not even a farmer, just a land owner. Now we get free stuff from Trump.

Capitalism twisted into a most obscene shape eh? Thanks GOP!!!
edit on 28-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

sometimes I think you and I are the only folks here that really consider just how destructive American farming practices have become.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ummm they haven't kicked in yet. News where there's no news

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Maybe I misread but I missed where the US government personally took this money from them to only hand it back as welfare.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Willtell
Isn't this welfare?

Yes it is...

And my 180 acres in Texas should bring in a nice little chunk of change and I'm not even a farmer, just a land owner. Now we get free stuff from Trump.

Capitalism twisted into a most obscene shape eh? Thanks GOP!!!

Democrats started farm subsidies. This is intended as a short term stop-gap. So if you hate farm subsidies blame Democrats.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join