It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because "It's the law!"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Ha!

Yes, there are certain things that a gentlement ought not endure!

When I say going for me, I am talking about coming at me as if to cause me actual bodily harm or worse.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes indeed!

It's a question of what is reasonable force in any given circumstance. ABH can mean not a lot of harm done so a disproportionately violent response may not be justified. If you genuinely have reason to believe that your life is in danger then that is different.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

But any assault can become deadly, so enduring any violence without utter destruction of its source, is not viable. You can die from being pushed to the ground, you can die from a punch to the wrong spot on the head, or if you already have an injury to the head anyway, and every blow kills brain cells. As a result, any and all physical violence directed at me can only result in my defending myself as if I were being threatened with death, and the only response to a threat like that, is total obliteration of the source of the threat, beyond their ability to ever counter it, or survive it well enough to continue to fight. Because I am untrained, that may mean continuing to counterattack until it is physically impossible for me to continue to do so, because I lack the precision necessary to fight with restraint, and I am under no moral obligation to be restrained while under assault.

Those who might attack me for whatever reason, however, are under a moral obligation not to be the sort of people who would attack someone in the street, or break into my house, or try and carjack someone with me in the car. The obvious consequence of their doing so, is that they will probably be crippled or killed, so its in their interests not to be scum, not in mine to tolerate violation of my physical self, just to protect them from the consequences of their criminality.

Do you understand the logic there, or is it really just me that cannot see why thugs ought to be protected by the law, over and above the protection offered to victims?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I do get your point.

I will make a note to not ever spill your pint or look at your bird given said likely consequences!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Lol, and don't even think about looking at my pint...I think it's always nice if people look at your bird though, it indicates she is not a munter.
Got a £25 penalty charge for street parking and not buying a ticket today, jinxed myself in this thread I reckon.
Ah well, I'm still in major profit for the number of times I've parked illegally over the years and they haven't caught me.

edit on 30-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The world is becoming more police state and will continue to do so.
WW3 is inevitable.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join