It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because "It's the law!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

maybe you should ask those who did.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

How about you give an explanation instead of a lame youtube music video?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm the only person in this thread aside from you, so why are you hanging around like a bad smell?
What the hell was your youtube video supposed to even mean at the bottom of the last page?
Honestly, I've tried hard and I can't see anything remotely on-topic in that video. Now, do you want to discuss laws and the breaking of laws or do you just want to be a troll? Pretty crap troll as well to be honest.

What are your thoughts on my comments in the OP?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

i didnt say 'in this thread'. i said 'here'.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

i didnt say 'in this thread'. i said 'here'.

I don't care where you are on other forums, just you are polluting this thread with your off-topic nonsense.
What are your thoughts regarding the OP and obeying laws?
If you can't answer that then you really are trolling.

EDIT
And you are a piss poor Buddhist if you act like you are in real life. Why do you not wish to discuss the OP? Why are you trolling this thread?
Hardly Buddhist behaviour is it.
edit on 29-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Again you are just coming out with random rubbish which isn't at all on-topic. Are you a bot or something?
Now, please share with the class your on-topic thoughts regarding the OP and breaking laws. I'm here for discussion about that, not silly riddles and unrelated youtube videos.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Curious factoid but I support ignorance of the law rules as they stand.
If you break the basic rules of society then you must be a prick.
Pricks get beaten up in my community and I'm happy with it.

I live in the USA, pricks get defended while the good, hard working and law abiding get victimized... either by the pricks or, if the good people defend themselves, by the system. This is a nation with an infestation of self entitled vermin.
I missed this, sorry.
I am lucky where I live, next to zero cops here so the community looks after itself. Bad apples get quickly 'dealt with' and totally against the law.
We have our criminals but there are still community rules, you only have to see what happens to small time drug dealers who serve up by a playpark or whatever, they get beaten up.
Our 'criminals' have kids themselves, paedo's get run out of town if they are lucky, and woe betide anyone who steals off old people etc, I've actually saved a life before now when someone was having a punishment beating.
I didn't actually care about the life of the person getting the beating, I just didn't want my mate to face jail time.

Communities work better with less cops in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Quit bickering!

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
"The law" on ATS is amusing as well. I comply because I don't want to get banned, but I disagree with mod decisions regularly, I just keep my mouth shut lol
Someone has to act as referee though, be they cops or mods...doesn't make them right, just that they have the power of enforcement.
There is a beach near me where local law still prohibits men and women from swimming within 100 yards of each other. Obviously the law is no longer enforced but it still stands on the books. "Because it's the law" is such a lame stance to take in my opinion. Only peasants think like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The trouble with law, is that what is legal is not always right, and what is right is not always legal.

For example, it is illegal in some places in the United States, to feed homeless people, and if you insist on continuing to do so while the cops are standing there, they can haul you off to jail over it, then put you before a judge in the morning. That is simply wrong, on every level, but its the law. An example around the other way, is that it is apparently perfectly legal in the UK, for a controlling man who knows his victim is mentally unstable, to trigger her altered state and push her into a pub full of people she cares about, like a primed grenade, so that SHE looks like a villain when she is rampaging around the place, breaking stuff and striking out. But doing that is not only wrong, but makes one of the victims look and feel like the guilty one.

The law also treats practically all violence as equal. If you are attacked and defend yourself, you may be charged with affray or something similar. If you are attacked with lethal force and not in your own home, defending yourself once again, and you kill your attacker, you are considered a murderer, not a survivor. This also is wrong, regardless of the law. The law SHOULD reflect that not all violence is the same, that violence forced on a person by the unreasonableness of another person IS different to wanton, chaotic violence absent a genuine and legitimate initiator. But it does not.

The law is a pitifully blurred series of lines, established by people who wrote them for the sake of ambiguity to aid the powerful and wilfully evil, and with stringency only where the only people likely to encounter that law are powerless but decent.

This is why most people develop codes of practice which are superior to the law, in order that they do not end up violating the law, either because they do not wish to attract attention from the authorities, or because they feel they MUST keep a higher standard, if only because the bar set by what is legal, is so hideously low.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The trouble with law, is that what is legal is not always right, and what is right is not always legal.

For example, it is illegal in some places in the United States, to feed homeless people, and if you insist on continuing to do so while the cops are standing there, they can haul you off to jail over it, then put you before a judge in the morning. That is simply wrong, on every level, but its the law. An example around the other way, is that it is apparently perfectly legal in the UK, for a controlling man who knows his victim is mentally unstable, to trigger her altered state and push her into a pub full of people she cares about, like a primed grenade, so that SHE looks like a villain when she is rampaging around the place, breaking stuff and striking out. But doing that is not only wrong, but makes one of the victims look and feel like the guilty one.

The law also treats practically all violence as equal. If you are attacked and defend yourself, you may be charged with affray or something similar. If you are attacked with lethal force and not in your own home, defending yourself once again, and you kill your attacker, you are considered a murderer, not a survivor. This also is wrong, regardless of the law. The law SHOULD reflect that not all violence is the same, that violence forced on a person by the unreasonableness of another person IS different to wanton, chaotic violence absent a genuine and legitimate initiator. But it does not.

The law is a pitifully blurred series of lines, established by people who wrote them for the sake of ambiguity to aid the powerful and wilfully evil, and with stringency only where the only people likely to encounter that law are powerless but decent.

This is why most people develop codes of practice which are superior to the law, in order that they do not end up violating the law, either because they do not wish to attract attention from the authorities, or because they feel they MUST keep a higher standard, if only because the bar set by what is legal, is so hideously low.

CPS Guide Self defence

In the UK if you are attacked with lethal force you may be afforded the defence of acting in self defence, so long as the force used is reasonable and necessary so, no, you are not necessarily considered a murderer. I have posted the CPS' guidelines, above.
edit on 29-8-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well put

I don't drink and drive for example because I wouldn't want to risk harming another person, not because it is against the law. 'The law' in itself means little to me other than questions of how I may be punished.
Take minor laws like parking charges. I never ever buy a parking ticket, and over the years I've saved a fortune playing that game. I've had 3 penalty charges and they are vastly outweighed by the amount of times I've parked for free.
Laws, meh, guidance is all they are to me from the biggest gang in town.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join