It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Secret" War in Africa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was talking to a just retired SpecialOperator and was given some hair-raising stories on Africa. Anyway, I was checking it out and, yeah, we are in almost every country in Africa fighting bad guys. An estimated 100 missions are active just in Africa, and I doubt they are there to save elephants.

www.politico.com...

Section 127E allows for up to $100 million a year to be spent fighting those missions. Thats a lot.

www.law.cornell.edu...

It does make you wonder what happened to Congress being the only ones to be able to declare war eh. New day, new rules.

This program started under Bush and has evolved into an all out assault. Russia and China are now involved which makes me think it's about resources. Someone musta found oil in the Congo. LOL
www.telesurtv.net...

Wish I knew some African newspapers to check out.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

The Intercept has some articles on this as well, when I get back to my desktop I'll include some.

Edit. The Intercept- US secret wars in Africa despite talks of downsizing

The Intercept- US special operations numbers surge in Africa's shadow wars
edit on 28-8-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
, we are in almost every country in Africa fighting bad guys.

You HOPE it's bad guys.

Seeing the sort of scum the CIA support in the middle East I would not be surprised if half the the time the USA is fighting FOR the bad guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Just follow africomm on Twitter. They always have updates on who is training where .
Also another source i have lying around flies support missions for snaf (Somali army) and updates regularly with goings ons.

One of our drone bases in Djibouti had it's leased canceled a couple years back and was sold/leased to china for their first overseas naval Base.

I do report on these things quite often actually, but there is not much interest here since Trump theater took over years ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yea, well.........oddly enough, its not just the US!
I've been following the French military activities in North West Africa for a decade or more. Really pretty weird because basically its as if the French North West African Empire never really ended. They're forward deployed to air bases they built before WWII!

See:www.businessinsider.com...

Currently, France has over 3,000 troops spread across five countries in Africa — Mali, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Niger and Chad — as part of Operation Burkhane. Based in Chad, the operation aims at disrupting potential militants threat across the Sahel region of the continent.

This role is aided by France's history of colonialism in Africa. Although a painful aspect of modern French history, the often-brutal and exploitative colonial project left France with a network of major military bases across the continent that survives into the present day, as shown below and according to Radio France Internationale.

Its a really cool article with maps of the bases and photographs of French troops, some French Foreign Legion, in action in Africa!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Tell me about it. Cancer could be cured tomorrow but the front page would have 10 articles on the T man. Someone has to keep ATS balanced.

a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

FWIW, in my research, I found this information and discovered the French Foriegn Legion has its own website!

foreignlegion.info...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
That interesting. Will read later. But yeah...lokks like colonization of afrika never ended.

a reply to: TonyS

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thanks....thats why i still come here....to find something new.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well I appreciate this post. I have been curious about the French presence in Africa as well but not as invested in it due to language barriers. You have shown me a rabbits hole, and now I must dive in!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well I can help with that!

My 'go to" source for all thinks Africa and French!

www.france24.com...

PS, Operation-Barkhane is the French 2018 Operation against ISIS and others for this year. From what I gather, 4,000 French troops were involved.

Also, the USMC has been doing cross-training with the Legion
www.marines.mil...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Three words dude or dudette: Rare Earth Elements.

I'll put a long story short-REE's don't make themselves, they are formed after the death of a star, and those REE's are important for electronics, and since Africa is one of the biggest continents on the planet...you do the math.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Maybe....but China priduces 80% of the worlds supply and Africa has only one mine. Plus why is both China and Russia military in Africa??..
www.ft.com...
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Someone musta found oil in the Congo.

Not oil ...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The thing is you don't typically just have a mine for producing REE's. They are abundant, but not typically in commercial concentrations.

Many of it has to be recovered during the mining of other elements. China has become very efficient at this, especially with gold. Part of the reason all gold produced around the world by the Chinese is shipped back home. the REE's are going with them.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Losts of bad guys in Africa
edit on 28-8-2018 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was aware the French were sneaking around in West and Central Africa, but not to the extent you have shown me. Good looking out Tony, I am on to new leads. Thanks for keeping us informed brother

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Msm failing again. I wonder what percentage of the American public have no idea about this.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Continuing on with the French, I found this amazing woman embedded with the YPJ in Rojava, who are quite impressed with her Kevlar prosthetic. Frankly, so am I. Interestingly enough, she lost that leg while embedded with French operators in North Africa as well. She has some interesting UFO vids as well which I just recently posted.

edit on 8-30-2018 by worldstarcountry because: oops forgot video lol

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I had no idea of the scale until i spoke to this special operator. Thing is....its special ops now so its secret. Shhhh.

a reply to: conspiracy nut

top topics

<<   2 >>

join