It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy of St Malachy and the child abuse scandle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Prophecy of St Malachy is a prophecy which predicts the end of the Catholic Church. Per said prophecy, the current pope would be the last. I never really believed in this prophecy but the church sex abuse scandle for me thinking. Could the church hiding the truth cause the church to fall???

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
I believe we are living in historic times- the time, that is, when the "last pope" is succeeded by another pope, and the Malachy prophecy is demonstrated to be a failure.
The current pope is not likely to live long enough for the church to collapse quite as badly as that.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Interesting I am curious to see where this goes

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
The Prophecy of St Malachy is a prophecy which predicts the end of the Catholic Church. Per said prophecy, the current pope would be the last. I never really believed in this prophecy but the church sex abuse scandle for me thinking. Could the church hiding the truth cause the church to fall???

The Church is too corrupt to fail. There is no reason for it to exist, it says in the Bible that you don't need to go to church to be a Christian but that bit is largely skipped over. As well as the corruption there's also the fact that the Government's of the Western world tend to allow the church to maintain moral ailuthoroty over the populace.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

More accurately it predicts the end of the world as it is.. therefore that includes the church as it is.

The prophecies of the Irish Saint Malachy, the 12th-century bishop of Armagh, have thrilled and dismayed readers for centuries. He has stated there would be only one more pope after Benedict, and during his reign comes the end of the world.

More here...
www.irishcentral.com...

edit on 28-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I've never believed the Malachy prophecy simply because I'd guess its incomplete.

If you want to understand the crisis in the church, see:www.theamericanconservative.com...

Its really too complicated to explain without reading it. Suffice it to say that one very powerful element in the Church took over, deposed Benedict who'd stood in their way and elevated the current Pope in his place. They did so in hopes of continuing the cover-up.

As to the ultimate cause for the Church's cirsis, one has to understand that the crises has been ongoing for one hundred years.

www.theamericanconservative.com...

Many US Catholics have always blamed the current crises on Vatican II. In this article, its correctly observed that Vatican II was a symptom of the disease rather than a cause. It was the product of a very "brittle" condition of Catholicism in the 1950's.

Something was going wrong in the Church and/or the United States for at least 100 years. Vatican II is far too simple of a solution; as I said it was an effect, not a cause. It is our duty – and particularly the duty of orthodox scholars – to figure out what went wrong and take the action necessary to cure it. It is like a computer virus: if you don’t eliminate the corrupt file deep in the operating system, it will keep popping up and regenerating itself.

Read the whole article, its brilliant.

The root cause of the problem, the reason the Church had become so brittle lie in its failure to adequately assess the threat posed by the development of "Existentialism" and a concomitant failure to adequately address the horrors which necessarily flowed out of the Existentialist movement. There is very little evidence that the Church ever actually addressed the issue and it appears that happened because the Church Theologians believed the Existentialist Movement was so "out there" and intellectually vapid that it would never have any influence.

Of course, in hind sight, its obvious it did as it gave rise to secular Humanism and spiritual and moral relativism which has today produced the global culture of death which is just the first step in a backward slide into barbarism, devil worship, the rise of the Wiccans, etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Check the links I provided in a comment above. You particularly, might find them interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Its really too complicated to explain without reading it. Suffice it to say that one very powerful element in the Church took over, deposed Benedict who'd stood in their way and elevated the current Pope in his place. They did so in hopes of continuing the cover-up.

Pffft ... Benedict was notorious for covering up sex crimes against children .. and I believe he was forced to resign and go in hiding to avoid prosecution. This pope has done far more to address the problem of pedophilia in the church, but not nearly enough.

The leadership of the Catholic church ( and its actions against the most vulnerable)...is one reason why it’s numbers are dwindling.

edit on 28-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

www.ncregister.com...

www.deseretnews.com...

A 1988 letter from then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger could serve as the Vatican's best defense to date that the future pope wanted to quickly remove pedophile priests but found himself stymied by church law. In the letter, republished in Thursday's Vatican newspaper, Ratzinger complained that church law made it exceedingly difficult to remove abusers if they didn't request to be laicized voluntarily. He asked to get around the problem by finding "a quicker and simpler procedure" than a cumbersome church trial to punish those priests who "during their ministry were found guilty of grave and scandalous behavior."

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Maybe what I read about him is wrong . 🤷🏻‍♀️

God knows the whole truth, and His judgement is just.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well one thing is for sure, prophecy or not, my kids will never get to know God.
Thank heavens

But seriously though, when can we start burning down churches?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I recently had a young gal give me a knotted rosary.
I thought it looked cool and I hung it around my neck.
Some uptight cat-holic told me it was disrespectful to wear a rosary.
I said "Yeah...it's also disrespectful to fook children."
He shut his pie-hole real quick like.
edit on 28-8-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
open the archives and publish them word for word

bet we would learn a lot

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this ends up coming to fruition.

What is a prophecy - or how could it be plausibly presented as a "real" thing?

From a quantum physics perspective, reality is probabilistic, having to with the distribution of the wave function. The so-called 'collapse' is inevitable, and each particle is 'tied' or superimposed in what's called the Higgs field.

These complex concepts of physics means nothing until you compare this information with the human mind. The human mind evolved from mammals, and mammals have a fairly large spectrum of motivational states. These motivational states are like 'highways', and the thoughts we have are like roads which 'sprout off' from those highways. Another way to think about it is this: the motivational-affective state is a 'circle', whereas cognitions 'sprout' off from them.

When you realize that thoughts are deterministic because they are controlled by motivational states, and all of this is 'synthesized' in the same brain, and a function of deterministic social processes like pride and shame, both emotional states which occur in the social interaction - where recognition occurs, pride results; if recognition is lacking, a sense of 'not being good enough' emerges (shame).

You could say the presence of egotism necessitates the existence of shame as a semiotic undercurrent. The shame 'makes sensible' the hard, anger-driven exterior. The person 'identifies' this way usually their whole lives, yet there are other states as well - where they're nice, friendly, etc. The real mark of development is when we can link these states - "I feel pride because of 'this'", and "I felt shame because another person doesn't like me - his motivations are to hurt me". Most people aren't even aware of the logical necessity for shame to be the implicit state which anger subliminally references. If another is mistreating me, I either feel vulnerable and violated, which entails reflexive brooding over ones own 'deficiencies', or I get angry, which is always a response to the previous emotion - an emotion we all learned once, and learned to 'adapt to' with a quasi-unique anger-infused self-state.

What does this have to do with st. Malachi's prophecy? Each human generation follows the same well-worn path that I just described - and its been this way for a long time. The diseases of self-awareness which existed during Malachis time also exists today - indeed, it is endemic, people are hyper-idealistic, as well as hyper-shame phobic.

This sort of emotional pathology forms during times of 'plenty', but what of what will happen when the Lord ceases His giving? When the system breaks - when society collapses as a function of a terror attack, civil disobedience, or a stock market crash - all those psychological elements within every individuals mind which helps them feel secure, relaxed, and 'optimistic about the future', will be gone - dashed to smithereens in a few moments. What kind of civic havoc will burst forth from this trauma? Suffering is not something people 'know' how to deal with. On the other hand, some of us are fortunate enough to know people who have wisdom from experience, and can help us to know 'how to be', or respond, in such and such a situation.

People today could not take suffering. They are metabolically - quite literally, at biological level - dependent on feeling the 'safety' of life, and the security of knowing that prospects exist. The loss of prospects follows from the loss of the rule of law and order. Now, how does a brain react to the loss of what amounts to its "energetic lifeline" for living? Its semiotic lifeblood - its "reason for living", is gone. This is where electrodynamics and human psychological functioning seem to mirror one another. If all the 'positive' contents of my mind-brain are associated with 'getting to have' what I want to be happy, without the outside world, or external pole, to satisfy my needs, my attachments will expose the dark underside of their giving - the "negative" pole of my attachments.

More or less, we can expect high levels of suicide, crime, and staggering rates of mental illness - anxiety, depression, and anger. This is a very different set of conditions from what society 'feels like' today.

I predict massive amounts of violence and, with Trump still in power, I can easily see him starting an external war with Iran or China or Russia. Of course, I do not believe in "Trump", but see him as a figurehead for the radical nihilists, hedonists and occultists who are always eager to 'direct' civilization in "their favor".

Yet, this external distraction will grant liberties for acting that would truly blow the minds of todays millenial generation- as well as the baby-boomer rejects that helped set this situation up.

So, st. Malachi's prophecy about the catholic church is surely believable. Would the Vatican get bombed, as in Dan Browns Angels and Demons? Or would the region be nuked - perhaps by Iran on the grounds of religious war? I don't see the catholic Church ending without something happening to its center of power - that is how things always work.

Can you see today's world devolve into a world where 5 years from now, the Vatican no longer exists?

I can.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
More and more evidence comes to light every single day of the church's raping of children and the efforts to cover up such crimes.

Oh, they call it church abuse ... it is rape and torture of children and has been going on since the inception of the church.

Remember that the Roman Empire morphed into the Holy Roman Catholic Church and took all of its perversions with it.

The Truth is almost visible now ... and I truly hope ... that it will be destroyed. They are despicable.

What they did in WW2 was damn awful.

One can only wait and pray to God for deliverance from this vile organization.

P

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

The Vatican has been in control of religion since citys and towns were formed,they work with the ruling elite and are fulfilling their own scripted agenda,no wonder things line up when following an agenda,their worship of Lucifer

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Truthfully its a very byzantine situation I suspect there are few with clean hands.

But its certainly a victory for Satan and all those who hate the Church.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Wow! This is one of the coolest, most thorough analysis I have read in quite a while. Very enlightening. Thanks!!

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

More accurately it predicts the end of the world as it is.. therefore that includes the church as it is.

The prophecies of the Irish Saint Malachy, the 12th-century bishop of Armagh, have thrilled and dismayed readers for centuries. He has stated there would be only one more pope after Benedict, and during his reign comes the end of the world.

More here...
www.irishcentral.com...

I've said here before that the Tribulation will start after Trump leaves office.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

It comes down to whether or not you believe that Pope Francis is Petrus Romanus.

I think it's a stretch. Maybe a stretch and a half...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join