It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem I Have With The Rendlesham Forrest Incident

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There's something that always strikes me about the Rendlesham Forrest incident that I often notice goes overlooked and isn't really mentioned.

Now, I'll start by saying I'm a firm believer in ETs and UFOs and I do believe they are/have visited/visiting Earth.

I also don't buy the lighthouse explanation for many reasons, to me it just doesn't add up and I find it highly unlikely that it was a lighthouse light that people were seeing that night.

However, when it comes to it being an ET craft I can't just leap to that conclusion because of one vital part.

Charles I. Halt says that he saw the light in the forest at first amongst the trees, he also claims that the light ascended out of the forest.

Now to me, I don't know any type of aircraft that's man-made, that could land amongst a densely packed forest full of trees, it would be impossible, even for small craft like a helicopter.

Unless we assume that these craft were extremely small or that they had some type of ability where they could pass through physical objects, I just don't see how this was possible.

If they can pass through very physical objects then this poses a whole new set of questions, are these beings really from outer space or rather are they more likely to be interdimensional beings?

I just think the original story often overlooks the fact that the common thinking amongst ufologists is these lights come from outer space, if that is the case, surely this would pose the question of how this craft managed to land in a forest packed full of trees without damaging the craft.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I just think the original story often overlooks the fact that the common thinking amongst ufologists is these lights come from outer space,

But what exactly is outer space ...
Hollywood + Nasa + CGI + Science ?

Just saying outer space , could quite different from what we have been told...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: R1CK3O

UFO's are said to often be able to stop instantaneously, accelerate instantaneously and also make instant course changes during flight - if it is actually flight, most do not have apparent wings' and range from orb's to shape changing or amorphous objects similar to the one described in the Rendlesham forest incident.

So on that count I actually completely disagree with you, we may not even be dealing with material object's in the ordinary sense of the word as some of these object's seem more energy based but with physical property's, they also seem to lack inertia in the case of instant course correction, acceleration and deceleration while others have been seen to merge, change shape and even fade away - at least in the visible spectrum our eye's - or rather the eye's of the witness whom reported these types were capable of observing.

My suspicion was quite different to your's, it is not beyond the realm's of possibility that these men were actually the victims' of false memory planted by there own intelligence services such as for example a clandestine agency masquerading under the banner of the CIA but not answerable to them being more a black budget military concern.

Such memory's may have been created for the express purpose of disinformation, to hide real memory's of a very sensitive and probably highly illegal nature in which these men could have been unwilling or unknowing participant's etc.

However my own gut feeling is that the incident did indeed occur and was of an unknown object or craft or unknown origin.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: R1CK3O
...surely this would pose the question of how this craft managed to land in a forest packed full of trees without damaging the craft.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

Based on eyewitness observation and abductee reports UFOs apparently generate a repulsive field in the immediate vicinity of the hull,which protects the craft from scratches,friction with the atmosphere and pressure when operating underwater or in another high pressure environment(like inside a gas giant,theoretically).

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well according to the witnesses it was a solid object, touched and seen by innumerable people. But what I can't get my head round is Jim Pennistons notebook. Though he was the witness to touch the object and made drawings of the craft and it's marking, which he showed after he had left the military. It was quite a number of years till he came forward with additional information about his diary, the binary code pages.
That does not sit right with me. Why not show all the information in his notebook at that time. He was away from military protocol when he showed it at first so there would be no comeback for him. Was it in his notebook at the first showing?
Yet according to him he wrote out the binary code pages in his notebook a couple of nights after the incident so it would have been in his book.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think it quite possible that UFOs are not really from outer space at all. That they could be interdimensional craft makes more sense to me, although my personal favorite theory is that they are not from outer space or another dimension at all but rather from another TIME- be that past or future. The craft that was witnessed by many in Kecksburg, Penn. looks suspiciously similar to the Nazi Bell, and as we know WW2 ended in 1945 while the Kecksburg incident occurred in 1965, a good 20 years later. Coincidence? Maybe, or maybe not!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My big beef with Rendlesham is how many of the main witnesses' stories have changed dramatically over the years, in the direction of stranger than at first and more ET-y. Even Halt'a story changed. But the big one, the big change, is the guy who drew in his notebook that night. Suddenly, years and years Nd years later, he tells us about the binary code "download" he got? Why did we not hear about that until decades later, when interest in the case kicked up? That's a problem.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

My introduction to ATS was the account of what myself and three other witnesses observed on the night of 24th December 1980 ( two nights before the first episode at Rendlesham ) which can be found here:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The craft we saw was certainly small enough to land in a tree-lined forest.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The Problem I Have With R1CK30's Problem With The Rendlesham Forest Incident

Tree branches damaging the craft? I would be looking for damaged tree branches not the other way around. These craft must be made from durable materials and many believe they are surrounded by a force field.

You know what a force field is, right? Its like magic. Nothing can penetrate it. Kind of similar to my ex girlfriend's crotch. Well, Other people can penetrate it, I just can't... Well, it's not that I "can't", I'm just "not allowed to anymore"...but you get the idea, it's pretty much the exact same thing as a force field... as far as I'm concerned. I am Not getting in there. (It's been made very clear.)

Also, these craft must be capable of precise movement. I live in the Evergreen State, so I know my forests ok? And they have clearings, gaps between trees, its not like it's an impenetrable row of spears that nothing can get through.

A UFO does not need a runway. I don't know why, but it seems like you think they need a big long runway to land... are you sure you're thinking of Rendlesham? Are you sure you weren't thinking of... airplanes?

Also, the ability to move through solid objects does not necessarily mean they are interdimensional. It could just be a technology we do not understand, a psychic ability of some sort, or there could be other explanation.

Just my 2 cents but yeah for all I know you could very well be right. *shrug*
edit on 8/28/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
My big beef with Rendlesham is how many of the main witnesses' stories have changed dramatically over the years, in the direction of stranger than at first and more ET-y. Even Halt'a story changed. But the big one, the big change, is the guy who drew in his notebook that night. Suddenly, years and years Nd years later, he tells us about the binary code "download" he got? Why did we not hear about that until decades later, when interest in the case kicked up? That's a problem.

NOW we have some discrepancies! These are more along the lines of what I was thinking.

That binary code... it doesn't make sense to me. If they could give him binary that translates to english, why not just give him Emglish? They clearly understood English, so why convert it to binary? I could think of a few reasons I suppose, but it still just seems pretty fishy to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

I just think the original story often overlooks the fact that the common thinking amongst ufologists is these lights come from outer space,

But what exactly is outer space ...
Hollywood + Nasa + CGI + Science ?

Just saying outer space , could quite different from what we have been told...

Some 20 years ago while watching another UFO docu, this guy comes in and tell's that the Military knows about the ET and classifies them in two ways, first by where they come from: Interplanetary, Interstellar & Intergalactic, then by their appearance and they have 5 groups.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
if memory serves, the particular craft as I recall, was not very large, and someone correct me if wrong, I recall it being maybe 5-6 feet across, if that, so not large and something that could fairly easily come down in a forest.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What I can tell you is that I was stationed at Ramstein at the time of the incident which was Headquarters for USAFE (US Air Forces Europe) Command. I knew very quickly thru the network that something important had happened but not the details. The incidents were real and both men had trouble getting the VA to grant them disabilities suffered during the encounters. It's another example of the possible existence on Earth of an unknown sentient intelligence with possible multiple species. We do know they happen but not what they are. My best,

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

interesting contribution. Thanks for your post.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Was it not a time machine sent back by some version of our future selves or whatever comes after us?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

My biggest problem with the whole Rendlesham phenomenon, is that some claim that the UFO binary code came from the future. I am not going to doubt the possibilities of time travel. But considering the fact that this binary code had a year and date claiming to be from the year 8000 AD? i have a hard time believing it.
edit on 28-8-2018 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2018 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Also, these craft must be capable of precise movement. I live in the Evergreen State, so I know my forests ok? And they have clearings, gaps between trees, its not like it's an impenetrable row of spears that nothing can get through.

A UFO does not need a runway. I don't know why, but it seems like you think they need a big long runway to land... are you sure you're thinking of Rendlesham? Are you sure you weren't thinking of... airplanes?

Yup, that was the first thought I had when I read the OP. I may be wrong but I seem to recall there being a clearing where the craft was said to have been.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There was damage to the surrounding trees, where the craft came down in the forest. As to why Sgt. Penniston waited so long to come forward with the binary code he wrote down, maybe he waited till he retired from the military, so as to not risk possible retribution.

Seems these visitors have a great interest in our nuclear weapons. One of the soldiers, or more than one, stated a beam came down through the ceiling of the building where the nuclear weapons were stored.

There have been many more reports of unidentified craft observing, and at times, affecting the control systems of these weapons.

I said in another post to All Day Long about his experience 2 days prior to the main event, a friend of mine was stationed at the American base at the time of the incident. He, and many of the soldiers stationed there, were transferred to other bases very soon after this happened. He said they were split up to keep them from talking to each other about what happened.

Seems unlikely they would be shipped to other bases far apart, if this was a light house light.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Penniston is now no more helpful to the case than Larry Warren. In fact, these two fellas have blasted both barrels into the RSI in terms of overall credibility. Which helps nobody.

What confuses me most regarding the first night, is the often forgotten most senior officer on duty, Lt Skip Buran, who in November 2010 (on the 'Justice for the Bentwaters 81st' Facebook page) seemed relieved to be able to set the record straight for Penniston and other witnesses directly:

I was the shift commander the first night. Then SSgt Penniston had every opportunity to report everything as it happened. There was no pressure to do otherwise. There was no panicked call for assistance, no incredulous description of an unknown object, nothing. They went, looked, and came back. No one was traumatized by the event. No one requested medical help. The Suffolk Constabulary constables who responded also found.....nothing. Folks, this is a non-event, at best a hoax, and is being blown way out of proportion by people who may have self serving motives. It's too bad dissenting opinions don't last long here.

... I was worried that a small aircraft may have crashed in Rendlesham. This was the ONLY reason I sent USAF SPs to what was thought to be the scene. When nothing was found, I had them come back and write statements. Those are reproduced everywhere, as you know. I considered the matter closed... There was CERTAINLY no claim of any contact with ANYTHING made that first night... I will gladly explain the contents of my statement to anyone, any time, and I won't have to embellish and expand the incident as I go along. Sorry guys, I have always hesitated to say anything against anyone because I was not out there that first night, but there are no victims of anything and to try to imply anyone is a victim is ludicrous. And Jim, no one has "gotten to me". I haven't spoken to anyone except Georgina [Bruni] and those who keep calling me to corroborate a UFO (which I can't and won't do).

The "embellish and expand" remark must have ruffled Jim's feathers into a frenzy by threatening his current income stream.

Regarding the third night, the positioning of the alleged landing site most certainly exposed the team to the lighthouse beams, but I do believe the 'blinking red' light and blue light in the field stemmed from separate sources, no matter how forcefully folks such as Ian Ridpath insist otherwise. Whether they were 'alien' sources, it's amusing how Halt now pushes that angle more than Burroughs and Penniston himself (up to his neck in human time-travel theory) but, as I said in Mirrorman's thread, it seems his ET hypothesis stems from government/military personnel he has since chatted to during retirement rather than the RFI itself - which is intriguing.

Also, as I said to MM, the RFI's most frustrating mystery is what happened when Halt, upon his return to base, asked Adrian Bustinza to accompany John Burroughs as he went forward to attempt 'communication' (as Halt described it) with a remaining blue light over the field. In a 2015 radio interview, a nervous, barely coherent Bustinza claimed JB (who has no memory of this) was enveloped within a blue light beam, accompanied by a 'shadow figure' whilst AB was invisibly held back.

Yet AB also claims fellow radio guest Larry Warren was enveloped, too, but this seems a messy attempt to crowbar in the utterly wild 'Left At East Gate' scenario, in which Warren seems to have cast himself as JB alongside AB whilst an elaborate 'landing' occurred in the busy field with attendant base personnel, film cameras, British police, base commander Gordon Williams meeting three aliens in columns of light, as well as the base helping to repair the craft. Bustinza's 1980s interview was Warren's only corroboration, but even then Bustinza seemed similarly nervous and unfocused, using Halt rather than Williams as the 'contactee' and awkwardly squeezing Warren into proceedings.

Importantly, Halt confirms Bustinza was with HIM during his initial trek - indeed, he is on Halt's tape - again, a very nervous individual who clung to Halt throughout in obvious fear. If Warren's 'East Gate' story has any traction AT ALL, it had to occur after Halt's return and during, or just after, JB's close encounter with the blue light. But there are zero documents to corroborate anything after Halt's tape ends.

It doesn't mean a major incident occurred at that point, but the lack of any documentary or audio evidence is a frustrating detail, especially considering Halt specifically sent Bustinza forward alongside Burroughs with a direct purpose.

Does everybody's head hurt now?

edit on 28-8-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: Added waffle

edit on 28-8-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
8-bit ASCII is just too much a human invention. I mean, if you (ET) already knew the letters you had to use, and it was English, then why go through the encoding of 8-bit characters when you easily could have used letters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join