It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the land grab myth in South Africa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Excellent post!

I couldnt have said it better

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They aren't ignoring race, just repeating "they stole it" from the Blacks. Sorry excuse for an article, seems to exist only to serve as a way to bash Trump. How dare he pay attention to looming genocide and racial politics run amok?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

They aren't ignoring race, just repeating "they stole it" from the Blacks. Sorry excuse for an article, seems to exist only to serve as a way to bash Trump. How dare he pay attention to looming genocide and racial politics run amok?

Very true.

What kind of hypocrite does one have to be to say calling out racial genocide makes one a racist?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Unfortunately, the way land ownership works here on Planet Earth is thusly:

If you are able to keep "invaders" off a plot of land by killing them effectively, you get to "own" it.

If youre unwilling or unable to do so, thats your tough luck.

In the end in nearly all cases, it comes down to deadly force.

Its been this way for a while.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think every white person should leave the place and go home or somewhere where whiteys are more common.

And should we apply that practice to black immigrants who have made their home in lands where 'whiteys are more common'?

Douglas Murray makes a good point that when tshtf other races have somewhere else to go, like the Jews have Israel but white Europeans will have nowhere to go within a few decades as we are giving 'our place' away. When whites move somewhere in their millions it is colonialism yet when people of colour do it then it is multiculturalism....

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Despite whatever crap The Hill may write it seems ironic that right after Trump tweets about it:
South Africa’s ruling ANC says land expropriation bill withdrawn for further reconsideration
www.rt.com...

Who says emailing the White House doesn't make a difference?

MSAGA!
edit on 28-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Not too sure how reliable the source is but it seems Theresa May has once again shown that she is incapable of making hard decisions and proven a completely inadequate leader.

Apparently she allowed herself to be cornered and spluttered and stuttered her support of Ramaphosa's land grab.

citizen.co.za...

I know we in the UK may need to seek other business partners as a result of Brexit but personally I think this is totally unacceptable.

The Bill has been withdrawn from parliament so that the South African constitution can be amended in order to legalise the uncompensated land grab.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

This might just be stalling and deflection on the part of the ANC but it does make them appear to be caving to outside pressure. Aside from giving away what isn't theirs the ANC is crap out of tricks for the next election. It only took 25 years to take a once-thriving economy and drive it in the ground.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

According to the Reuters report the bill has been suspended in order to legalise the land grab without compensation.
The Bill only allowed for the government to pay for land and significantly not to just take it off the owners without paying compensation etc.

The bill was meant to enable the state to pay for land at a value determined by a government adjudicator and then expropriate it for the “public interest”, ending the willing-buyer, willing-seller approach to land reform.

However, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa announced on Aug. 1 the ANC plans to change the constitution to allow the expropriation of land without compensation, as whites still own most of South Africa’s territory.

www.reuters.com...

I fear they are going ahead with this policy regardless.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

What I find disturbing is some of the politicians and media people around the world making excuses for this.

Those responsible for the problem to begin with are the same ones ignoring it. Apartheid should have been held in place until a sensible plan forward was determined and then Apartheid should have been slowly moved away from. By "slowly," I'm talking about a process which needed to be removed over multiple generations' worth of time. Instead the world strong armed SA, interfering where they had zero business to interfere, and forced far too fast a change. They forced the hand off of leadership to people utterly unqualified and incapable of proper leadership. It was like handing a calculator to an infant and telling them to do advanced calculus... even the blind could see this failure from miles away. Holy hell, the man that somehow got heralded as a "heroic leader" by the world was considered a major terrorist by the same world just a few years prior. Now, instead of admitting "Yeah, OK... we screwed y'all here let's slow the hell down and reassess" the world is turning their head away from the disaster and whistling in the wind as they slowly stroll away.

The Boers should be placed back in charge, anyone not a South African citizen should be expelled from the country, and the military should be reformed into an even mixture of UN peacekeepers and SA stakeholders.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
By "slowly," I'm talking about a process which needed to be removed over multiple generations' worth of time. Instead the world strong armed SA, interfering where they had zero business to interfere, and forced far too fast a change. They forced the hand off of leadership to people utterly unqualified and incapable of proper leadership. It was like handing a calculator to an infant and telling them to do advanced calculus... even the blind could see this failure from miles away. Holy hell, the man that somehow got heralded as a "heroic leader" by the world was considered a major terrorist by the same world just a few years prior.

Completely agree, the transition was rushed (all of it - now!) and Black South Africans were pushed in to positions they simply did not have the training or experience to handle. That the South African government has failed is hardly a surprise to many.

Will the current government ever admit to too much too soon? Of course not, they will double down, blame "white monopoly capital" and keep doing the same things. Black economic empowerment laws are a major stumbling block to getting anything done correctly by taking jobs from the capable and giving them to the inexperienced and often incapable. Meritocracy is dead in SA, much to their detriment.

I don't see this being solved without a great deal of bloodshed. The current parasitical class won't give up their mansions without millions suffering first (no different from Western governments in that respect). Economic collapse will likely be the only way to getting things back on track to a future worth living.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is the blue church.
I wish it weren't true.
edit on 28-8-2018 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I mentioned this before in a few posts. Im glad you took the time and wrote it up for a full thread, it certainly deserves its own thread. People need to understand the history over there and realize that the whites have a rightful claim to that land. That is their land fair and square.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Let us say this is happening, why not just put it down to "sh#t happens and has been happening throughout civilization".

Bring up to right wing person that North America was created by the slaughter of Native Americans, through the use of slaves...etc, they will tell you everyone did it and it is part of the world's history.

So why (if it is happening) this any different than that? Also why is SA such a big deal, when this is happening to other countries and people all over the world?

What makes the (supposed) situation in SA any more important than those situations in different parts of the world?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

They aren't saying that no one was there. He said that the people that was there was as you explained, nomadic tribes. The whites bought land from them. The black tribe that are making the claims TODAY werent there for like a hundred years AFTER the whites.

The Koi tribe that WOULD have a valid argument for a claim is being ignored by the Zulu invaders that arw making the land grabs.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: deathallaroundme1990

I think that you should watch the whole 12 minute video in the OP and get an understanding that will answer your questions. It gets tiresome repeating over and over. Educate yourself.

Its the whites land fair and square.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I want to add this to the OP...

An elderly couple had boiling water poured over them. An elderly gentleman got locked up in his Ford truck and the truck was set on fire and he burned to death. A four-year-old girl was raped by three men but survived it… And because she survived, she was then bundled up in newspaper with gasoline poured over it and then set on fire. A three-year-old girl was crucified on her parent’s kitchen table then raped… Then after that, her father had his throat slit and her mother was killed as well.

Simon Roche continued to say that it is beyond people’s imagination what South Africa is in at the moment.

SOURCE
edit on 8/29/2018 by Alien Abduct because: Fixed link

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I think that you should watch the whole 12 minute video in the OP and get an understanding that will answer your questions. It gets tiresome repeating over and over. Educate yourself.

And I counter, North America was the Native Americans land fair and square, well until they were killed for it.

Its the whites land fair and square, until (like history shows) someone takes it from them.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: deathallaroundme1990

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

And I counter, North America was the Native Americans land fair and square, well until they were killed for it.

Its the whites land fair and square, until (like history shows) someone takes it from them.

They might get killed and run off and their land and get it taken yes absolutely. And you are correct when you say that this has happened all throughout history. But, the Zulu or the EEF or whoever dont have a RIGHT to the land as they are trying to claim.

They can surely take the land by force and no doubt they WILL take it but it isnt rightfully theirs before then. A right to conquest yes. When they take it by conquest it will be theirs. Good for them. I say we stop 100% of aid to africa. We dont need to be feeding barbaric evil armies.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The difference is that the rest of the world caused this mess. Had the world kept their nose out of SA'S affairs 30 years ago, this never would have happened and SA would still be a prosperous, peaceful, success story.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join