It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain - What a petty man looks like.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If McCain was a traitor, why wasn't he put to death or at least imprisoned. That not happening, people reelect him as a politician for 35 years and vote for him to be president. Many people must be very ignorant, unpatriotic, etc.
edit on 8/29/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Listen to the audio?

I thought not.

My father was US Navy, rumors in the service to this day...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If I were McCain, I would not want Trump at my funeral either. Donald did not like MacCain, nor did he show respect for McCain. Why would McCain want somebody at his funeral who did not clearly like or respect him? That's not hard to understand at all, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

Everyone who goes or doesnt go will be dead one day. Attendance matters little.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Listen to the audio?

I thought not.

My father was US Navy, rumors in the service to this day...

Good point, I should have done a little more research. My comments about the 'Oathkeepers' still stand though, as they remain a group of militia-obsessed nutjobs.
McCain has never denied that he made a recording. However in mitigation it's worth pointing out that it was literally beaten out of him over several days. That's not a 'Tokyo Rose' recording that's like the 'confessions' that were beaten out of RAF and USAF personnel who were shot down over Iraq during Desert Storm.
Frankly I'd be amazed if any of the desktop warriors that we have on this site could have undergone half of what McCain did without breaking.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

J. McCain took an oath, violated that oath,

Donald Trump took an oath to defend the Constitution and he is doing everything he can to break that oath. That is why he is not welcome at John Mccain's funeral.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: tabularosa

Everyone who goes or doesnt go will be dead one day. Attendance matters little.

...to the dead. Meanwhile, voters are being influenced by the spectacle.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Here's the way I look at it...
Would the world have been a better if John McCain never existed? Likely. Same is true with most politicians.

Is the world a better place without him?
Likely again. He certainly won't be remembered for much other than selling weapons to terrorists and selling out his brothers at arms.

Moving on.
edit on 29-8-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Would the world be a better or lessor place without any of us? Very few of us make any big difference.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wonder if this is what the shape of the dialect between the two parties will be everytime a prominent person dies?

Being able to set aside partisan differences for a short time while someone is laid to rest is the least a civil society owes to someone who was democratically elected.

Surely we do not want to lower the standards in this case and i give props to the potus and admin for being able to work through their feelings and be in favor of humanity rather than a tribe mentality.

The truth is we have a decisive two party system and at certain times the ability to back away from our feelings is a valuable American quality for all sides.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Being able to set aside partisan differences for a short time while someone is laid to rest is the least a civil society owes to someone who was democratically elected.

I would think reasonable people would see it that way.

What does that then say about many people based on what they have written the last few days.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

What does that then say about many people based on what they have written the last few days.

It say's that we are highly partisan and fully charged up on both sides to the point of ignoring tradition and logic.

In other words the tea kettle is boiling now.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraegFrankly I'd be amazed if any of the desktop warriors that we have on this site could have undergone half of what McCain did without breaking.

That may well be true, it takes a particular type of monster to bomb civilians...

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Wouldn't it start with the commander in chief.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yep I know, just following orders, the classic.
I stand by my words though, and being British I will criticise all nations who were involved in Vietnam...and Laos as well who you screwed over on the sly.
...just following orders though, yeah cool.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What I am saying is that blame the whole military system, not just a pilot. Throw in those also who support warring actions that are not necessary for the defense of their country.

edit:

I think quite a few other pilots could be added to the list if that is the factor.
edit on 8/29/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
We agree there for sure

Every rivet or bolt in a battleship is there for a reason.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I agree John McCain was a hater

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Oh please, Clinton was a draft dodger, and Obama could have signed up for the military as a fit young man the military was around when he was of age., are you mad he didn't? Of course save your fake outrage for the conservatives buddy.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im confused as to why people are clowning him for on his deathbed saying who he wants and does not want at his funeral.

should people not have that choice?

i really would like to know this. funerals in general are foreign to me. i just dont understand the ritual.

i have never been to one. didnt go to my dads.

we were not close but still. im not going

i dont get why this is rubbing people the wrong way.

makes sense to me a person can decide who he wants and does not want.

i dont get it

You've never been to a funeral?
Wow. You live in America though right? Or some European nation with similiar funeral ritual?

Honestly to explain the issue with not wanting someone attending your own funeral it's not necessarily a right or wrong about it. It's just taboo and kind of petty for the on dying to dictate such an idea. Like it's just not really done that way.

Now if say family members and close friends were in agreeance about someone not being allowed to attend or told to f off if they tried to that is expected under certain circumstances.

Like it would make sense if they knew he hated Trump and thus made announcement he shouldn't come.

But to have the day of your burial tarnished by your own deathbed bias only belittles your character as it shows you held a grudge against someone until you died, and there are whole philosophies out there about your greatest victory over an Enemy being to outlive them.

So not only petty, but weak too. Plus you can ask someone not to show at your funeral but there is no law preventing someone from visiting your grave,
To make someone unwelcome to be there at your burial is just asking for them to drop by later and take a piss on it.

In other words, yeah you can request that, but it shows a lack of dignification to sink so low unless say, you found out they were sleeping with your wife or some good personal reason.

I've been to alot of funerals, and I hope that explains it a bit.
Though honestly I don't know why the media made an article about it. McCain was an ambiguous one for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join