It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain - What a petty man looks like.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

...then in a farewell address he writes is still taking swipes at Trump. I just Think he looks like the opposite of a hero, he looks like a sad, petty, vindictive person.

He's not taking a swipe at Trump - though I understand how that might be all you can see

I also understand that you don't like or respect McCain - and that you love your brother Trump

We all see things differently - more so lately

It was a classy and powerful exit from a dying man to the people, country and world he loved

I'm sorry you can't see that

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Trump is sort of an awkward person with his mannerisms(debatable flaws discussed elsewhere) and off the cuff statements, I would have invited him because it would be more of a story to the media if he had to show up out of obligation, and he would have likely have the media put him thru the ringer again. The best last word for McCain indeed.

But as it is, it is kind of petty. Hes dead, who gives a shot?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
oh, you meant petty! i thought you were talking them being pretty.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm still in shock that people actually voted donald trump in as president of this country. Of all people, wtf. People do shocking and crooked things now days out of desperation though.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im confused as to why people are clowning him for on his deathbed saying who he wants and does not want at his funeral.

should people not have that choice?

i really would like to know this. funerals in general are foreign to me. i just dont understand the ritual.

i have never been to one. didnt go to my dads.

we were not close but still. im not going

i dont get why this is rubbing people the wrong way.

makes sense to me a person can decide who he wants and does not want.

i dont get it

He rubbed Trump the wrong way. The Trumpkins, as usual, march in lock step, chanting soundbites.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Now the trolls are trying to divide Trump supporters and conservatives further. This will undermine Republican candidates in the fall.

From here, it looks like they don't need any help from the trolls. As usual, the Trumpkins will turn in unison on anyone who disagrees with them.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Were you just as upset that Clinton dodged the draft? Or that Obama never served? I imagine not, you need to save your outrage for conservatives

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The injuries were from getting shot down not from being tortured

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

That has always made me laugh too when they talk about congressman "serving their country " and "a life of service" The same guys that get backdoor money, lobbyist money, kickbacks, six figure salaries, full benefits, and lifetime pension not matter how many terms they serve, but they are a "humble servant" Get out of here with that crap.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Really? His arms were repeatedly broken and he was denied medical assistance. Plus he was bayoneted in the leg. Those are medical facts. Are you claiming he made it up and then broke his own arms again?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am claiming you need to do some research before you post, even some people within this thread have already done the leg work for you and provided links in this very thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There are ways of making you talk.

If a person is healthy and has knowledge and captors have no rules and plenty time then no one can stay silent.

If you have something they want then only death can keep you quite.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

There is video of him in captivity that prove your claim wrong.

He is seen using his limbs just fine.

I pulled the ejection handle, and was knocked unconscious by the force of the ejection—the air speed was about 500 knots. I didn't realize it at the moment, but I had broken my right leg around the knee, my right arm in three places, and my left arm. I regained consciousness just before I landed by parachute in a lake right in the corner of Hanoi, one they called the Western Lake. My helmet and my oxygen mask had been blown off.

When they had most of my clothes off, I felt a twinge in my right knee. I sat up and looked at it, and my right foot was resting next to my left knee, just in a 90-degree position. I said, "My God--my leg!" That seemed to enrage them —I don't know why. One of them slammed a rifle butt down on my shoulder, and smashed it pretty badly. Another stuck a bayonet in my foot. The mob was really getting up-tight.

When I said that, the guards, who were all in the room—about 10 of them—really laid into me. They bounced me from pillar to post, kicking and laughing and scratching. After a few hours of that, ropes were put on me and I sat that night bound with ropes. Then I was taken to a small room. For punishment they would almost always take you to another room where you didn't have a mosquito net or a bed or any clothes. For the next four days, I was beaten every two to three hours by different guards. My left arm was broken again and my ribs were cracked.

www.usnews.com...

edit on 28-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

"McCain's choice of Russian dissident as pallbearer is final dig at Putin, Trump"

Looks like the king of pettiness has earned his crown. McCain was the major reason this Russia crap started with the fake Steele dossier and he is going to have Dem's and a Ruskie and a liberal actor as his pall bearers, Just showing what we have all known for years he was a liberal at heart, who is nothing more than a petty vindictive man. Good Riddance

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
J. McCain took an oath, violated that oath, when he became, of all things, a US. Senator. Then he became part of the problem, (for whatever reason).
I never saw him do a Ron Paul kind of interview, saying how far the "oath takers" have strayed from the "oath".

War hero? Maybe. Maybe not. Only he knows that.

Trump had a point with his comments that upset John so bad. I don't know Johns heart. But to anyone that has served, we know the heroes didn't make it home. Let alone become political rhinos, having a position of "authority" and not use every ounce of that position to uphold your "oath", to defend or/and reestablish the C.O.T.U.S.
Many of us were just "private soldiers" (contractors). John was an "officer". A finger of the President.
But I never saw or heard him as a Senator trying to uN-f the current takers of the "oath".
I respect him for his service. But he could've done more. But he knew the corruption, he was slogging thru it everyday, but chose not to "Yell it from the mountaintops". That alone washes away "hero" status in my opinion.
Now J.F.K.? For all his personal faults, he was a "hero". He died trying to unF this mess.
John?.. When he had the chance?..Not so much.

edit on 28-8-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I am claiming you need to do some research before you post, even some people within this thread have already done the leg work for you and provided links in this very thread.

I have done research on this and many of the links on this thread are speculative bullcrap. There has been no legwork, unless you count people making stuff up about how he wasn't tortured, which I treat with the correct amount of utter contempt. I understand if you hate him for his stances on issues, but taking this to the point where you deny that he was tortured and mistreated in captivity is just ridiculous.
Trump hated him because McCain refused to grovel at his feet. Trump also hated him because McCain served and Cadet Bonespurs did not because he lied to a doctor to get out of Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I'll just leave this here... 2016 article from Oathkeepers with audio recording.

John McCain’s 1969 “Tokyo Rose” Propaganda Recording Released Showing he WAS a Traitor who Turned Against His Own Country

Erm, that's the Oathkeepers. In case you are unaware of them they are a lunatic fringe of militia-obsessed nutjobs.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

What an angry little man. Bye hater. Enjoy the "king in hell" BS...LOL

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Were you just as upset that Clinton dodged the draft?

Clinton received a legitimate deferral as a college student, not a bogus "doctor's note."

Or that Obama never served?

Obama was too young to be drafted. Your point?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join