It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain - What a petty man looks like.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Ya, whether one liked him or not, he is gone, people should have some respect..better to say nothing sometimes.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sure if you were gullable enough to believe his story,should hear storys from prisoners who were actually tortured,he beat himself up for pictures ,that was from a Viet captain,said they laughed at him,he a scam artist traitor

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Sure if you were gullable enough to believe his story,should hear storys from prisoners who were actually tortured,he beat himself up for pictures ,that was from a Viet captain,said they laughed at him,he a scam artist traitor

Well many where upset he signed the confession and admitted he committed war crimes. That was seen as being a traitor. What i found interesting is while in captivity he was given a mental revaluation. And judging by his actions in congress it was spot on. We even see it on his death bed. Oh and because he's dead is no reason for me to change my views on him. Hitlers dead and that doesn't alter my views of him either.

Here is a piece that Cockburn and I wrote in 1999 about a psychiatric evaluation of McCain underwent while a prisoner of war in North Vietnam. The psych0logical portrait drawn by Spanish psychiatrist Fernando Barral is that of a deeply narcissistic personality, cold, hardened and largely devoid of human empathy, a man who seemed to view the bombing of civilian populations as a kind of sport. These aggressive personality traits have also characterized his nasty political career. 

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Life is about learning. Learning how to forgive is a big part of it. Granted some things are unforgivable. Sometimes a person needs to swallow their pride and be the bigger man. I really don't see Mc Cain or Trump as being bigger men. They both act like spoiled children on pedestals. I don't know how people can side with vindictive people. Politicians are the last people we should put on pedestals.

edit on 28-8-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I think tarzan. what a pretty man looks like.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
www.nbcnews.com...

McCain appears to criticize Trump in farewell message to the nation

What a sad, petty life this guy led. He talked about bringing people together and working together and ending the divisiveness, yet, on his deathbed is micromanaging his funeral as to who can come and who can't, then in a farewell address he writes is still taking swipes at Trump. I just Think he looks like the opposite of a hero, he looks like a sad, petty, vindictive person. I have to laugh at the same media that savaged him when he ran for POTUS is doting all over him because he and Trump did not get along, meanwhile Trump keeps on MAGA with a renegotiated NAFTA deal with Mexico that will benefit the American worker and economy. To McCain. good riddance, to Trump keep on keeping on brother

No, this is what a petty man looks like:

McCain served his country in war and continued to serve it in Congress. Trump dodged the draft and has been lining his pockets with taxpayer money. Just when you think he can't sink any lower....

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Hitlers dead and that doesn't alter my views of him either.

Wow. Did you just compare the man who stood up against the Bush-Cheney policy on torture to Hitler?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Please explain.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

i just did. i hope you got it.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Do a little research buddy, there is actually no proof any of what you just said actually happened to him, there are threads on here that cover it extensively.

The man couldn't comb his own hair after his time as a POW and by the time he made it back to the USA his hair was white. Are you saying that he wasn't tortured or mistreated?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I'm sorry, are you saying he broke his own arms repeatedly?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Would I ask you to explain if I got it? Please explain your explanation.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Do a little research buddy, there is actually no proof any of what you just said actually happened to him, there are threads on here that cover it extensively.

The man couldn't comb his own hair after his time as a POW and by the time he made it back to the USA his hair was white. Are you saying that he wasn't tortured or mistreated?

Now the trolls are trying to divide Trump supporters and conservatives further. This will undermine Republican candidates in the fall.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im confused as to why people are clowning him for on his deathbed saying who he wants and does not want at his funeral.

should people not have that choice?

i really would like to know this. funerals in general are foreign to me. i just dont understand the ritual.

i have never been to one. didnt go to my dads.

we were not close but still. im not going

i dont get why this is rubbing people the wrong way.

makes sense to me a person can decide who he wants and does not want.

i dont get it

I have never heard of it before. I think it's weird to obsess that much about it. You are gonna be dead.

And frankly, no, you do not get that right, just like you cannot demand that certain people show up. You can have final REQUESTS, you can have a will with certain requirements, but at the end of the day, it is up to the LIVING to make those choices, its not your choice.

But if that was his one final request, for Trump to not appear at his funeral, and he cared about it that much, I would personally honor it, and I would also think it petty and be correct in thinking so.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

i think you would.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: dragonridr

Hitlers dead and that doesn't alter my views of him either.

Wow. Did you just compare the man who stood up against the Bush-Cheney policy on torture to Hitler?

Yes, he said they're both dead. Valid comparison I would say.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
But if that was his one final request, for Trump to not appear at his funeral, and he cared about it that much, I would personally honor it, and I would also think it petty and be correct in thinking so.

I don't think so. There's no question that Trump would make the affair all about himself, so why give him such a bully pulpit at McCain's expense? I think he did right to spare his family the added grief of having to accommodate the presidential clownshow.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
John McCain Net Worth

Politician John McCain has an estimated net worth of $21 million. John McCain has been a U.S. senator from Arizona since 1987, and was the Republican nominee for president in 2008. A 1958 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, McCain had a 22-year military career as a pilot and officer in the Navy. Five of those years (1967-73) were spent in a Vietnamese prisoner of war camp after he was shot down over Hanoi during the Vietnam War. McCain left the Navy in 1981, was elected to Congress in 1982, and then was elected as U.S. senator from Arizona in 1986.

Just another MULTI MILLIONAIRE politician ...... seems like a lucrative career just "serving" the american people

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I didn't say demand.
I said request.

I don't disagree with what you said but I still don't see how it is petty to request someone not be there.

Like I said though. I don't get the whole funeral thing anyway

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join