It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, Japanese, UK, and Australian alliance unparalleled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In my opinion.....as long as these 4 world leading countries continue to ally themselves, they really cannot be matched in influencability, technology, military, and economics. France, Germany, Canada and several other countries are beautiful and strong countries as well, however they just aren' t as consistent in the alliance as these basic 4.

All 4 coutries have enormous economic influence on other world communities. The US and UK both diplomatically, and obviously militarily are extremely vital to world stabilitiy and advancement.....The Japanese prides itself as a key economic donor.....Australia provides major influence in the ASIAN world.

All 4 countries pretty much lead the world in Technology. I would throw Taiwan and India into this one as they are key assets to world techology as well and are allies with these four nations. These 6 countries provide most of the world with all the high tech gadgets, automobiles, computers, high-tech military equipement, space technology, busness technology and so forth.

Militarily, together they are unmatched. The US, UK and Japan together put forth a phenomenal size airforce and Naval fleet that is unreal. Although all 4 countries have great special forces, Australia most likely be a huge contributor in that field. Nuklear wise, all have the technology and ability to put forth a grand scale deterrent. A Russian and Chinese alliance might be the only alliance that could put this in check. Militarily the US outspends the next 10-15 countries combined, which added with these other countries makes up for an enormous number in world military spending.

At this point in time, economically there is no competition. The US doubles the size of the second place fast growing Chinese economy. Whearas Japan, Australia, and the UK are all in the next top 10 world economic leaders.

Most of these four countries continue to grow stronger relationships, and depend on each other more. I just can't see any other alliance being as big, as influential, as vital to world advancment as this group.

1: Do you think there is any other alliance of countries that can parellel this group on so many world fronts?.....(Im not just talking economically, or militarily individually....but many fronts combined.)

2: What is your opinion on this alliance?....do you agree, dissagree?

Im not sure i put this post in the right topic, but lets here your input. feel free to add or put in anything new or clearify any points.

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Australia isn't all that powerful either economically or militarily. In overall GDP we are 16th in the world, although slightly richer than Japan and the UK per capita our population is only 1/3 that of the UK and about 1/6 of Japan's population. The areas i guess we do have some strength in is our geographic size/location, since we are the only country that occupies an entire continent and we are good at sports too if that helps since despite having the world's 53rd largest population we came 4th in last Olympics, so if they settle wars with sport in the future we may be a help there. Otherwise we aren't going to be all that helpful when compared to some of the larger nations... probably.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would actually put Canada into your list of four countries which would make sense, after all, Canada is the US's largest trading partner and is very strong ecnomically(Canada's economy is twice the size of Australia). The US should be very wary of another country playing in its front yard.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
China, Russia, and Germany would slaughter that alliance.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Okay, so this whole idea is silly - the llikelyhood of this happening is remote.

Buttt, firstly - why would Germany ever side with Russia over the US/UK? That makes absolutely zero sense. Given that, I don't see how China and Russia could overcome the US and UK.

Negating any advantages of defending your own territory (it was never said that the US/UK/AUS would invade anyone) - the US clearly has the most capable army/navy/air force when you consider (1) number and capabilites of assets available (2) operational capability (to include maintinance) and (3) training. Even moreso when you consider their ability to move forces on a global scale. The UK, although not as capable if you just look at the numbers, compliments the US extremely well. They are also very well trained, and after the US and Russia have the most capable strategic nuclear forces.

Don't get me wrong, Russia and China both have systems that look good on paper - but that's only part (and the smallest part IMO) of having a truly capable war-fighting system. The US and UK have proven over and over (in real shooting wars) that their weapon systems can defeat anything in the world - even if outnumbered. Integration is the key here. Is the F-15 the most capable fighter in the world? Maybe. When you combine the F-15 with AWACS/Joint Stars/ECM aircraft, Aegis radar and fire systems from the navy, real time space control and communications systems, and an extensive support network (refueling, maintinance, etc.) is it the most operationally capable fighter? Absolutely.

Also, you should not overlook that the US/UK/AUS have practiced and fought together extensively. Even if you assume that Russa and China have alll around better militaries - a well integrated force is *much* more effective. This has been proven over and over.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Because Bush&Co have pissed on all three of those countries.

Also, having more people in your army then America, England, and Australia have in total population is an advantage, and thats leaving out Russia and Germany. All three have nukes, right? So there is that angle to.....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Also, having more people in your army then America, England, and Australia have in total population is an advantage, and thats leaving out Russia and Germany. All three have nukes, right? So there is that angle to.....

Germany has nukes? I don't think so! Also the USA has a population of about 290 million, there is no way anyone could field an army anywhere near that big. I think the Chinese army has something like 2 million soldiers so that is no where near the total population of any of those countries much less combined.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Screw an alliance with the Americans against China, we should just sit back, sell munitions and materials and watch the cricket while they fight it out

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

*cough MAD* cough. It is highly unlikely that Russia and Germany would ever hook up in that manner. In terms of war, the proposed alliance would easily take on those three unless your talking a nuclear war then nobody wins.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Just because they don't always agree doesn't mean they are "pissed off". Bush and Putin arguably agree more than any US and Russian premier since, well, ever. There is simply no way that Germany would ever ally itself with Russia - too much bad blood. Even though the US and Germany don't always agree - they get along. Way too much in common. Do you really think that the German car companies would risk loosing the American market
(joking, but a good point). Russia and China are also probably on much worse terms than each other than they are with the US. In China's mind Russia is a far more likely adversary (and historically they are very true) than the US.

Oh, and Germany does not have any nukes. The US probably still has a few in Germany though..... For being so pissed off, they sure haven't asked the US to leave.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Seems kinda silly considering nukes have pretty much nullified the case for an actual war. W/out nukes considered, the US w/ Japan is unbeatable atm. US militarily and economically with the additiional economic power provided by the Japanese is ridiculously powerful. (No offense to our allies, but the technology deficit is quite obviously the reason we left the Britons in the south and the US in the C, N, in Iraq.)

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
All we aussies need is the great australia fast bowler and bubble wrap man and we can conquer the world.

On a more serious note, true Aussie is small population wise, but we are rapidy gaining against the US dollar.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Other than the usual and long term alliances, such as Nato. To find the who's aligning with who, just follow future Oil sales from/to.

Lately China and Russia's efforts with Mexico, Iran etc.. to hold large oil agreements in future should be interesting.

If you don't has the gas to get there, then how you going to win the fight?

Dallas

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
What would be a powerful mega alliance, although unlikely would be Russia, Ukraine, China and Iran. If the battle was fought in a Korean style superpower spar off over Iran I think that they would give the proposed alliance a run for their money. In terms of land vechiles they have the 2nd (Russia), 3rd (China) and 4th (Ukraine) largest forces in the world, woud have the largest infantry forces and their combined naval and airforces would be enough to prevent the US/UK/Aus/Japan alliance from getting an quick victory there.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I appreciate everyone putting in their two cents.
The post wasn't so much to highlight the military alliance alone, but more or less the progression of technology, the economic effects, influencability and military. I listed just these general 4 because they seem to be the most intact in an alliance. Canada, France, and Germany as well as many other countries are great countries and make significant impacts and deserve their recognition and respect as well.

In all honesty.....I think that China and Russia are working more towards becoming allies to these 4 nations rather than drifting farther apart. Both countries benefit more by an alliance with the us than becoming foes. However in a fantasy case where Russia and China were to ally themselves militarily it would probably be the strongest alliance to compete with the US, UK, Japanese, and Australian alliance. Economically and technological wise, the edge still remains with the 4 i propose.

What are the biggest issues that these allies could work on the most?
What would be their biggest weakness?
If the alliance split apart........what ramifications would take part on the world?
The effects on the UK probably wouldn't be as big as they are also part of the EU. However Japan would suffer greatly by the loss of the US support, as well as the US would suffer greatly from the loss of all 4. Australia would probably fair ok.

Carburetor

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is a very debatable topic.....anyone have any opinions?

Refer to my post above for other questions and thoughts to talk about on this topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trent

Germany has nukes? I don't think so! Also the USA has a population of about 290 million, there is no way anyone could field an army anywhere near that big. I think the Chinese army has something like 2 million soldiers so that is no where near the total population of any of those countries much less combined.

FYI

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The number of military personal doesn't really give you a good idea of military strength. The equipment is more important, so while the US has the 6th largest infantry forces in the world, it is #1 in terms of land vechiles, airforce and navy. Anyway i was just correcting the outragous statement by that other poster where he claimed the China has more troops than the total population of the US/Japan/UK/OZ. If he had said more troops in their armies than the alliance has in their armies i would have agreed and have already stated that China has the world's biggest infantry force in my other post.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Trent]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The amount of money the USA spends on millitary R&D is mindboggeling, so much projects under development....

I venture to say that millitary spending and R&D is what more than partially keeps the internal us economy afloat??? Iow wars must be sorta waged to resupply the stocks of amraams and Tomahawk. and thus lkeep productionlines running....

Australia by itselve isn't that big player, but since they are a vital millitary bridgehead for the u.s. in asia and also share a very strong coal burning lobby like the u.s. they make themselves a valuable asset for the american "smokers" party.

UK , due to it's "special" unconditional alliance with the usa and huge cross atlantic investments enjoys the comfortable position of both having access to the latest USA and European millitary toys and diplomatic armwrestlers.

The Brits are truely hardball negotiors only trying to get the raisins out of their ambiguous membership of the european union, while not sharing the burdens prefferably, quite annoying for us mainland europeans, but I respect them for being smart.

Their modus operandi are questionable but you can't accuse them of not looking affter their bussiness...

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If I may interact here just a tad. Not trying to pick a fight or anything but I believe this is a bit harsh. Do you realize that two of those countries were allies during WWII and the third was the reason for WWII? You say that Bush&co pissed on them. Let's take a look at this for a moment. First off the USA rebuilt West Germany after the war. It is the country it is now because of our help. But they like the French tend to forget who it was that safed their butts and brought their countries back from ashes. The Germans as well as the French take special delight in foul mouthng the US every chance they get. This has been going on for decades it isn't something that started just since Bush. Russia is a work in progress simply because after decades of cold war and itchy trigger fingers they decided that they could not out spend us. Now we again are helping them to build a new country. And like the Germans and the French before them, they are taking special delight in running down the USA. China had all it could handle during WWII with the Japanese, American fighter pilots flew over Chinese cities during WWII, perhaps you have heard of the 'Flying Tigers'.
So here again we have a Country where American soldiers shed blood and yet we get what in return? So you think Bush pissed on them? My friend I think the pissing contest started way before Bush. I for one would be happy if either one, Germany, France, Russia, Japan, China, Italy or anyone else I forgot to mention would just pay the interest on the loans they owe us. Forget the loans themselves, I know we'll never see that money again.
So actually, I ask you, who's pissed on who

top topics

<<   2 >>

join