It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

radio clarity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Does anyone else notice that when you get close to a radio the reception gets better. Whenever i am near a radio and if it is static i get closer and closer to it and it gets clearer and clearer and their is no static when i am touching it. Does anyone else notice this? Why does this happen?, i was thinking somthing to do with ions or electrons floating around or a persons arora or somthing. ANyone who knows please explain

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have the exact opposite experience. In Chicago all of the transmittors are located on top of the Sears Tower and Hancock Center. When you get close, the signal is blocked by the other skyscrapers.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
lol, maybe its just your ears cuz that has never happend to me!

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I know what you mean. The same thing happens to me only with TV. When I try to watch Conan O Brien at night the reception is usually bad. So I go to fix the antenna and I touch it and the reception is great. When I sit back down the reception goes bad again. Ive always wondered why that happens too.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I just thought of something. Maybe touching the antenna somehow makes a Ground. I know for just about any electronics system a Ground is not only used to protect us humans but to get rid of static.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ah, silly Freddie finally understands the topic. It is not your proximity to the transmittor, but your proximity to the receiver that is being discussed. When you physically touch the antennae you become a part of the antenae and the reception should improve. Does being close do the same thing? I live in a large city and have no reception problems, so I don't have much experience in this. I am guessing it is the case, though.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The topic still bugs me because we arent made out of metal. So how does a person touching an antenna really help it? Ive really been wondering how exactly it works for a very long time.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
maybe its just a mystery of science that hasnt been explained yet. Or we could have high concintrations of iron in our blood

top topics

join