It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump issues statement on McCain's death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: JasonBillung

oh christ, offer a different perspective and the amygdala swells up and we get all emotional, whatever just putting the truth out there

What are you on about?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I would never compare Trump to John. John was a hero who served his country, and paid a price. Trump is (in my view) a grifter who should never be compared to any of our service members, be it the lowest private to the highest general. There is no comparison. People who serve serve. People who grift, grift.

I have no respect for Trump. Looks like we have a difference of belief here. That is fine with me. You want me to have faith in Trump, and I think he is scummy, and not in keeping with the principles that make our country great. However, we both served, and I assume now you are a good person because of that. So, maybe I will listen to your perspective a little closer, and try and find a way that we can discuss things without automatically thinking you are one of "them".

See, at one time maybe you hauled me out of some crap, or maybe I did the same for you. Nice to share crap brother.

Donald Trump is the president of the country and commander in chief of the armed forces, higher than the highest general. So much for grifter.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This sums it all up perfectly.
The only people coming out of this looking like douches are the media, who are desperately trying to exploit McCain's death to attack Trump, with CNN leading the way (just a few short years after they trashed McCain when he ran against Obama by the way).

Major props to Sununu for not feeding the propaganda machine.

The condescending virtue signaling dripping from Alisyn Camerota made me want to puke. How can people watch that crap?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Dumb ass tRump aka spanky, aka republican draft dodger in chief, does not deserve to live on the same planet as a hero like John McCain.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

looks like things have been worked out so they are not together anymore....

weird your post showed up as a reply to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

originally posted by: network dude

but why are you trying to compare him to Trump? they are nothing alike. And the fact that everyone seems surprised that Trump acted petty, I'm sorry, but that's just ignorant. (use Michael Jackson voice there) It's who Trump is, you people have been saying it for two years now.

I would never compare Trump to John. John was a hero who served his country, and paid a price. Trump is (in my view) a grifter who should never be compared to any of our service members, be it the lowest private to the highest general. There is no comparison. People who serve serve. People who grift, grift.

I have no respect for Trump. Looks like we have a difference of belief here. That is fine with me. You want me to have faith in Trump, and I think he is scummy, and not in keeping with the principles that make our country great. However, we both served, and I assume now you are a good person because of that. So, maybe I will listen to your perspective a little closer, and try and find a way that we can discuss things without automatically thinking you are one of "them".

See, at one time maybe you hauled me out of some crap, or maybe I did the same for you. Nice to share crap brother.

I'll try to come up with an idea for a discussion. I like the backdrop of a mutual respect. I'll U2U an idea tomorrow afternoon.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Cool bro. Glad to work together.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

We don't hate Trump. That takes too much of my energy. We just think he's a douchebag and a rotten human being. And he sucks as President. Kinda like you guys feel about Obama. Just my opinion. Obviously yours differs.

It is too much trouble to invest in hate. But I can spend a little time dismissing Trump as a horrible person. His followers will have to admit this at some point. That point will come when the rest of the country decides that he is a horrible man. We are at over 50% right now. Tick tock.

The only "horrible persons" I have seen lately are all Trump haters. Trump has done nothing but respond to that hate which has always been first blood against him. Trump haters are always drawing first blood and then Trump responds, and then Trump haters do it again.
So, it isn't Trump.
edit on 27-8-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Glad he did this

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I find it funny when those on the left complain about Trump not serving. Were you as upset that Clinton dodged the draft? or that Obama never served? Also the left are some of the most anti-military lot I have ever seen but now McCain is a hero because he served in the military? Pick a lane people. I am pretty much military neutral .I don't think they are heroes nor do I think are baby killers. I think they are guys and girls that voluntarily signed up to do a job and view them no different than anyone else that goes out and does their job everyday. But, still find it funny how the schumer's et al want to sing the praises of the military service now.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Were you as upset with Clinton or Obama not serving? The same left wingers that are as anti military as I have ever seen, and that ripped mc cain to shreds when he ran for POTUS are now praising him and his service. Pardon me if I find it all disingenuous

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Now if he comes out with a executive order that bans the import of American Flags from other countries then i will stfu.

Maybe...

No, then you will make a thread about how Trump hurts local businesses by banning foreign imports.

Like clockwork...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

He could do nothing to make this not a thing.

But he wanted to make it a thing. Trump getting even with McCain even after his death! LOL

Trump nixed White House statement praising McCain
thehill.com...

But uninviting Trump from his funeral was the high road. You make me smile.

And you would want that draft dodging coward, anti-women, pedo at your final cerimony in life?

Why would anyone want Bill Clinton at their funeral?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

She is a @#$% Well I can't say on here but it comes after feckless. And they wonder why people hate CNN and the MSM.
edit on 27-8-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
The rest of the article is the usual leftist-twist but if you're that interested in reading there's a link at the bottom.

"Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country and, in his honor, have signed a proclamation to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff until the day of his interment," Trump said in a statement.

"I have asked Vice President Mike Pence to offer an address at the ceremony honoring Senator McCain at the United States Capitol this Friday," Trump added.

The president said Chief of Staff John Kelly, Defense Secretary James Mattis and national security adviser John Bolton will represent his administration at McCain's funeral services.

The left can rest now while they look for another story of hookers who Trump banged years ago or maybe someone who hates Trump will die next week and they can find a way to make him look bad for that?

The Hill

The guy served. He manned up. If you don't like his politics, then OK. But the guy is a hero.

Honest question. Do you think he had a choice not to serve being what his name is and being who his dad and grandfather were?
In my opinion, and that is all it is make no mistake, I cannot picture anyone telling their four star admiral of a father that the military ain’t for them. Especially in the time period he grew up in

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

The news is all run by one corporation,trying to cherry pick one only makes you look stupid,because you didn't reasearch,the media is controlled by the government,until you understand you'll keep thinking same way

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
His name is robert paulson.

That sums it up pretty well.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Now if he comes out with a executive order that bans the import of American Flags from other countries then i will stfu.

Maybe...

No, then you will make a thread about how Trump hurts local businesses by banning foreign imports.

Like clockwork...

That is why i said maybe.

I would call it the john mccain act and get it done quick.

No one would see that one coming.

The left would have to leave it alone and the right would be for it.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Found this article by Lloyd Marcus, whom I met at a rally in Orlando.... I have huge respect for him gulagbound.com...
Sorry it's Facebook but it's from Gulag bound

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

"I like people who weren't captured"

can't un-ring a bell.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join