It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump issues statement on McCain's death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
McCain was not a hero. He was a man that served and was captured and didn't even bother to escape from his captors and risk death.

If anyone here considers McCain a hero, I deserve the same recognition as do the entire armed forces of the USA currently serving.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Certainly wasn't bone spurs.

Read up on some history of what John did in the Hanoi Hilton. Read up on why he could not raise his arms over his head. I think of myself as a bit of a tough guy, but I don't know of anyone who could have been as tough as John.

Hero. End run.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Trump ordered the flag at half mast for 5 days for the Las Vegas Shooting victims, 1 day for the journalists killed at the Capitol Gazette. The President is not below playing politics with the flag, ask any NFL player!

58 people killed in Vegas, 5 killed in Capitol Gazette. Seems about right if you ask me.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Now if he comes out with a executive order that bans the import of American Flags from other countries then i will stfu.

Maybe...

Perhaps he could mandate that every American have one and display it appropriately, and all are required to go to Church on Sunday, to appease Mike Pence. Authoritarian much?

That would be over the top.

What i purposed was not out of the question.

It is a reasonable thing to do and would not require any laws that say you can not fly whatever kind of flag you want.

Simply make it illegal to import american flags. No big deal and does not infringe on anyone's rights and is fully in the bounds of customs enforcement.

link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: JasonBillung

McCain, was a hero, despite what the well proven LIAR AND CHIEF, said about him.

Here here!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm sure veterans groups strongly advising him to issue a statement had something to do with his "change of heart". www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

He could do nothing to make this not a thing.

But he wanted to make it a thing. Trump getting even with McCain even after his death! LOL

Trump nixed White House statement praising McCain
thehill.com...

But uninviting Trump from his funeral was the high road. You make me smile.

link   
Good on Trump, too bad his supporters pretty much trashed McCain after his death, at least if what I read around here is anything to go by (I hope not).

Now I will expect Trump's supporters to praise Trump for his "political correctness" here while also forgetting that they were cheering him for not lowering the flag in another thread earlier today.

link   
Who the heck is pro-war? Certainly not folks in the military.

link   

edit on 27-8-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Read up on some history of what John did in the Hanoi Hilton. Read up on why he could not raise his arms over his head. I think of myself as a bit of a tough guy, but I don't know of anyone who could have been as tough as John.

Hero. End run.

You don't get to be a hero for being captured. You are a hero for risking your life for your fellow squad members/team mates and taking the bullet or bomb for them.

Sitting in a foreign prison camp somehow elevates someone to heroic level? No attempts to kill their captors or escape. Yeah that is so heroic....

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

It's sad that America has set the standards for hero so low.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

But he wanted to make it a thing. Trump getting even with McCain even after his death! LOL

thehill.com...

And you would want that draft dodging coward, anti-women, pedo at your final cerimony in life?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I'd like to see everything I need made in America, but not because it had to be. If we manufature something, it should be the best and stand on it's own merit accordingly. If someone else makes it better and cheaper, it's our job to find a way to either compete, or just make a vastly superior product. (IMHO)

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

thehill.com...

And you would want that draft dodging coward, anti-women, pedo at your final cerimony in life?

Dude, after I'm dead, I wouldn't care if YOU showed up.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnholyBishop

Hero. End run.

You don't get to be a hero for being captured. You are a hero for risking your life for your fellow squad members/team mates and taking the bullet or bomb for them.

Sitting in a foreign prison camp somehow elevates someone to heroic level? No attempts to kill their captors or escape. Yeah that is so heroic....

How do you know this?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This sums it all up perfectly.
The only people coming out of this looking like douches are the media, who are desperately trying to exploit McCain's death to attack Trump, with CNN leading the way (just a few short years after they trashed McCain when he ran against Obama by the way).

edit on 27/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

thehill.com...

Dude, after I'm dead, I wouldn't care if YOU showed up.

You said you served. I would at least owe you a salute as a gesture of respect. And I would give it. But if your family, or last will prevented me from coming, I would also respect that. I would still feel that you deserved the respect due anyone who served.

Once again, thanks for helping out. Who knows, we might have shared some mud/sand/dirt at one point or another.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnholyBishop

Hero. End run.

How do you know this?

McCain was there as prisoner for 5.5 years.. In all that time there was no supporting evidence to die trying to kill his captors or try escaping.

en.wikipedia.org...

I mean come on. Not even a hint of trying to rebel other than the orders he was given on not spilling intel supposedly. How is this heroic? Please tell me

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: howtonhawky

I'd like to see everything I need made in America, but not because it had to be. If we manufature something, it should be the best and stand on it's own merit accordingly. If someone else makes it better and cheaper, it's our job to find a way to either compete, or just make a vastly superior product. (IMHO)

I toats agree with that.

However usa flags are in a different category since "I pledge allegiance to the flag" and saluting such is mandatory for many in the usa. Let us pledge to american fabric and labor. It is definitely well within the customs of the usa to ban imported flags.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join