It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump issues statement on McCain's death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Now if he comes out with a executive order that bans the import of American Flags from other countries then i will stfu.

Maybe...

Perhaps he could mandate that every American have one and display it appropriately, and all are required to go to Church on Sunday, to appease Mike Pence. Authoritarian much?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. TDS is real.

President Trump honored requests by the American Legion and VFW spokespersons to half-staff the flag till McCain's interment. Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

The White House flag was at full staff since the day after he passed away. The MSM were reporting it, because it is normal to fly the White House flag at half mass, until burial!

Don The Con wouldn't have put it BACK to half mass, if it were not for the MSM@

edit on 27-8-2018 by kurthall because: Fix

link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Thread title should read: Trump Bows to Pressure to Stop Acting Like a Petty Doo Doo Head

this is kind of proof of what I mean. He could do nothing to make this not a thing. haters gotta hate, it's all their tiny minds can do.

He signed a bloody proclamation to have the flag at half mast a day after it is supposed to be at half mast, and they still pooh pooh the effort. I believe they care nothing for McCain and only want to politicize his death to get at Trump. It was expected.

Trump is not worth the effort. John was a hero. Trump is a [snipped]
edit on 8.27.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped offensive term

link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

I am not American. And he's no hero for me.

I'm not obligated to put him on a pedestal because he was a sailor.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Serving in the military doesn't make a person a hero.

Jumping on a grenade to save your squad mates makes a person a hero.

Just showing up does not.

A person's actions make a person a hero. Please explain to me the actions McCain took that qualify him as a hero.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The media and Dems spent a year lambasting him as a horrible human being before the last election. Everyone knows he's a thin-skinned narcissist already. We knew he was a billionaire playboy who cheated on his wife. We knew that before November 2016. You're going to have to do better than scream about him being a horrible person. I don't think three more years of screaming will change many votes.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

McCain, was a hero, despite what the well proven LIAR AND CHIEF, said about him.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I think trump already has lost a ton of votes. November is almost here, and so is the close to the Muller investigation....

Tick, Tock.

Oh and by the way, where are trumps tax returns he TWEETED back in November 2016 " they will be released as soon as the routine audit is finished" that is what his Twitter account says to this day. Bet Muller has them by now. trump had no intention, to keep his word and release them.

edit on 27-8-2018 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
isn't Mccain responsible for the death of several sailor's and injuring more and also didn't he violate code of conduct while he was with the vietcong?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Thread title should read: Trump Bows to Pressure to Stop Acting Like a Petty Doo Doo Head

this is kind of proof of what I mean. He could do nothing to make this not a thing. haters gotta hate, it's all their tiny minds can do.

He signed a bloody proclamation to have the flag at half mast a day after it is supposed to be at half mast, and they still pooh pooh the effort. I believe they care nothing for McCain and only want to politicize his death to get at Trump. It was expected.

Trump is not worth the effort. John was a hero. Trump is a pussy.

Timothy McVeigh was considered a hero, that is until later actions put his heroism into doubt.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Trump ordered the flag at half mast for 5 days for the Las Vegas Shooting victims, 1 day for the journalists killed at the Capitol Gazette. The President is not below playing politics with the flag, ask any NFL player!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

He sure did, and his daddy was an Admiral in the Pacific Fleet at the same time too.

Goes a long way into explaining how he was somehow hailed a "hero" doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

yeah can't figure out how he became the hero of the anti war left or why anyone is defending him when he killed a bunch of Navy guys and was a traitor while in captivity at least from what I've read

it's been a while since I looked into so I don't have all the details but that was the jist of it could be wrong

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

They don’t care about the rules.

All they care is about their hate being spread for no reason.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He could do nothing to make this not a thing.

But he wanted to make it a thing. Trump getting even with McCain even after his death! LOL

Trump nixed White House statement praising McCain
thehill.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Well that justs illustrates that he’s playing the game now.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Official protocol: The flags need to be lowered for a member of Congress only on the day of their death and the day after.

But, McCain wanted three funerals all across the country and therefore, this display will last for a week! (Talk about full of himself.)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I decided I wouldn't judge McCain's actions as a POW until I experienced capture under circumstance similar to by the NVA with broken bones and placed in a prison camp.

To each his own.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Trump is not worth the effort. John was a hero. Trump is a pussy.

yeah... still though, it's kind of extremely petty and vindictive to claim you don't want someone at your funeral well on your death bed, simply because you didn't get along.

... Maybe, their both as bad as each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join