It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump issues statement on McCain's death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The rest of the article is the usual leftist-twist but if you're that interested in reading there's a link at the bottom.

"Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country and, in his honor, have signed a proclamation to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff until the day of his interment," Trump said in a statement.

"I have asked Vice President Mike Pence to offer an address at the ceremony honoring Senator McCain at the United States Capitol this Friday," Trump added.

The president said Chief of Staff John Kelly, Defense Secretary James Mattis and national security adviser John Bolton will represent his administration at McCain's funeral services.

The left can rest now while they look for another story of hookers who Trump banged years ago or maybe someone who hates Trump will die next week and they can find a way to make him look bad for that?

The Hill
edit on 27/8/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
you mean the left and the right can rest...even the state sponsored news channel fox news had their talking heads taking jabs at your almighty.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I wonder who told Trump to do it? Or was it the fact that Trump looked like a small man, and petty, and he knew it?

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I wonder who told Trump to do it? Or was it the fact that Trump looked like a small man, and petty, and he knew it?

realistically, there is nothing he could have done that you and your group of TrHaters would have approved of, so whatever he did or does will have the same net result.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
The rest of the article is the usual leftist-twist but if you're that interested in reading there's a link at the bottom.

"Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country and, in his honor, have signed a proclamation to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff until the day of his interment," Trump said in a statement.

"I have asked Vice President Mike Pence to offer an address at the ceremony honoring Senator McCain at the United States Capitol this Friday," Trump added.

The president said Chief of Staff John Kelly, Defense Secretary James Mattis and national security adviser John Bolton will represent his administration at McCain's funeral services.

The left can rest now while they look for another story of hookers who Trump banged years ago or maybe someone who hates Trump will die next week and they can find a way to make him look bad for that?

The Hill

The guy served. He manned up. If you don't like his politics, then OK. But the guy is a hero. I served and I don't know if I could have manned up like he did. Show some respect. It is not politics, it is recognition of a fine American serviceman.

Grow up. If you support the liar in chief who lies to the American people 7 times a day, how come you cannot notice a real American hero? President bone spurs is not fit to lick the dead boots of John. Get real dude.
edit on 27-8-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
you mean the left and the right can rest...even the state sponsored news channel fox news had their talking heads taking jabs at your almighty.

No, he means the left can rest now.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Like you rest under the bridge?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I haven't made one comment on Trump or McCain since McCain died. I wasn't going to either, but Trump is such a small person he made it a story, and I felt the need to comment.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Thread title should read: Trump Bows to Pressure to Stop Acting Like a Petty Doo Doo Head

link   
US code requires flags be lowered in the event of the death of a member of Congress “on the day of death and the following day.” Of course, US code isn't enough for anti-Trumpers when Trump is in charge.

link   

I haven't made one comment on Trump or McCain since McCain died. I wasn't going to either, but Trump is such a small person he made it a story, and I felt the need to comment.

The man has no sense of patriotic self worth. He is anti-American, hates vets, and does not care about the American people. He never served, and is a disgrace to all who did. Trump can and will go to hell.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Thread title should read: Trump Bows to Pressure to Stop Acting Like a Petty Doo Doo Head

this is kind of proof of what I mean. He could do nothing to make this not a thing. haters gotta hate, it's all their tiny minds can do.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Trump's response would be:

1) Too nice. Not genuine
2) Too mean. Not presidential.
3) Too soon. Canned.
4) Too late. Only because of pressure.

I'm not a fan of how he handled it, to be honest. I think he should have taken the high road. But I can't imagine there was any response that the media and usual suspects would not have found fault with.

The same people that vehemently called McCain a racist, misogynist, unstable warmonger are now pretending to be upset that he wasn't given treatment beyond federal code to recognize a deceased congressman/woman simply as a political avenue to fling poo at their latest racist, misogynist, unstable warmonger.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

We don't hate Trump. That takes too much of my energy. We just think he's a douchebag and a rotten human being. And he sucks as President. Kinda like you guys feel about Obama. Just my opinion. Obviously yours differs.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It makes sense...

It seems more fitting to the whole situation.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

this is kind of proof of what I mean. He could do nothing to make this not a thing. haters gotta hate, it's all their tiny minds can do.

He signed a bloody proclamation to have the flag at half mast a day after it is supposed to be at half mast, and they still pooh pooh the effort. I believe they care nothing for McCain and only want to politicize his death to get at Trump. It was expected.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We don't hate Trump. That takes too much of my energy. We just think he's a douchebag and a rotten human being. And he sucks as President. Kinda like you guys feel about Obama. Just my opinion. Obviously yours differs.

Yea, I suppose. I just remember having issues with Obamas policy and the things he did that cost me money. I don't remember calling him all those names, but maybe you are someone with lots of time on your hands and can go back and find some examples of that. Or am I not part of "you guys"?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Now if he comes out with a executive order that bans the import of American Flags from other countries then i will stfu.

Maybe...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

It was expected.

Yup, as is most of the current behavior. you can set your watch by it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It is too much trouble to invest in hate. But I can spend a little time dismissing Trump as a horrible person. His followers will have to admit this at some point. That point will come when the rest of the country decides that he is a horrible man. We are at over 50% right now. Tick tock.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join