It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Official 48 Minute Gameplay Reveal Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The wait is over , a Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay video has been released .... 48 Minutes of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay !!!

CD Projekt recently said the game is now playable from start to finish , fingers crossed for next year.

ETA
More than happy with that , the city looks awesome and the game looks deep.

"What we're releasing today was recorded from a game deep in development," game director Adam Badowski said in a message accompanying the release. "Since many of the assets and mechanics in the current version of Cyberpunk 2077 are most likely to be modified, we initially decided to show this gameplay only to media. Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it), netrunning, car physics, or the game's UI--everything's pretty much still in the playtest phase and we felt uneasy about publicly committing to any particular design. Animation glitches, work-in-progress character facial expressions, early versions of locations--all this made us hesitant to release what you're about to see.

"However, we are also well aware that many of you want to see what the media saw. Although this is probably not the same game you'll see on your screen when we launch, we still decided to share this 48-minute video with you. This is how Cyberpunk 2077 looks today. Let us know what you think!"
www.gamespot.com...

edit on 27-8-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Next year????

Christmas would be great.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am still watching it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Look's even better than I was expecting and I was expecting it to be the best RPG of the decade and perhaps beyond.
Still really wish we had a full star wars RPG but one made just like this.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've watched the video and I'm impressed! A quick search shows no plans for VR?! I hope that changes.

The confirmation of no VR comes from a user on Reddit, who was curious enough to ask the question about VR on the game’s Facebook page. As you can see in the link above, the answer was three simple words that were enough to trample any sort of hope for VR. They were: VR Not Found. Read more at www.gamerevolution.com...

Another link about VR support.
edit on 8/27/2018 by mockingmay because: Added another link.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Looks promising. Signed up. And oh, yeah! perfect for VR.
edit on 8/27/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this one, happy they were going through with it. Looks like it's going to be better than I thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Good grief though. I can't play that at any time when my kid is around.

Between the language, the nudity and the freeform street driving, he'd never leave me alone if he caught site of it and then he'd never stop using words he shouldn't.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, everything CDPR touches is magic.

I might even buy it at release. Something I haven't done.. in maybe more than a decade.

Hope VorpX will do their thing too, if CDPR didn't go in that direction

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I might even buy it at release. Something I haven't done.. in maybe more than a decade.

That would be a massive project to make VR, and I hope they don't simply because instituting VR would be a massive expenditure in upgrading for me.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I normally wait for sales on steam, and I always have a backlog of about 20 games to play. But, every once in a great while(last one was Bioshock Infinite). I'll buy something on release day for....gasp...full price.

This game is for sure a release day buy for me.
edit on 27-8-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
3 words was all it took
CD
Projekt
Red

Im a thinkin surprise announcement for the holidays

edit on 8/27/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I stopped paying attention to upcoming games about two years ago. I mostly hear about them from you guys or a friend. And I have never heard of this but OMFG this looks AMAZING!!! I can’t wait to get my hands on this.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I used to be that way about BioWare and then EA bought them. CD Projekt Red better keep looking over their shoulders.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That would be a massive project to make VR, and I hope they don't simply because instituting VR would be a massive expenditure in upgrading for me.

Trade your kid for a VR headset and solve both your problems a once. Win-Win. Oh, and the whole team is in Poland hopefully beyond the reach of EA.
edit on 8/27/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Trade your kid for a VR headset and solve both your problems a once. Win-Win. Oh, and the whole team is in Poland hopefully beyond the reach of EA.

You're horrible, but I starred that anyway because it made me laugh.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Very excited about this, The Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games, CDPR know how to deliver, but had me a bit worried when they announced it was First person, I generally prefer 3rd! honestly though, that's a nitpick, and I love what I am seeing! I just hope we don't have an overly long wait.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Incorporating VR assets isn't quite as extensive as one might imagine. Now, building from the ground up with novel concepts.. that does take some doin'. I definitely don't want them to sacrifice anything to include it! But, I'd love to see eventual DLC or patch that has VR functionality. I'd actually trust CDPR to do that, and do it well. At least for now.

VorpX works pretty darn well though, despite minimal motion controller support. That said, I'm the type of wierdo that actually likes things like the steam controller....

I don't mind playing on my TV at all either, so I am a bit ambivalent about it. Though, I'm not a fan of the emerging trend of re-releasing a years old game in VR, at full price. That's full on derp, in my humble opinion.

It only cost me $120 to get my VR rig going, and it looks like the going rate is ~$150 for the WMR sets. That said, I had an OK PC to work with (i7 2600k & 1070ti).

I don't see any reason to plop down more than say, $200 on the headset/controllers though. Its just not there yet. I'd consider $500 for a full human FOV, near photo-realistic experience, preferably with haptic gloves. But, until that's available, ill stick with the WMR. Its pretty cool

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

I used to be that way about BioWare and then EA bought them. CD Projekt Red better keep looking over their shoulders.

I have been a CD Projekt Red fan since their first official release - Witcher
There is a company formed by some ex-Bioware folks from back when Bioware was good - QC Games

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I'm already looking at a likely MoBo/processor update + vidcard for this. Adding in VR would be insult to injury.

My rig runs the least snazzy vidcard of the two as it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join