It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White house flag at full staff for Mccain. LMAO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Muninn
Leave it to the left to pretend like they really care about about the flag.

It is their shiny object of the day. Relieves the pressure to formulate winning strategies.

yet the sitting president makes a bigger deal about peaceful protests and not showing respect for the flag... but fails to abide by a standard of half mast for those who served the country, and more so in the armed forces....

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

You're overdosing on left-wing false rhetoric. None of that is true.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: notsure1

I'm not sure why the asshole deserved any half staff time in the first place. "We The People paid the deceased bastard for decades to play grab ass with his cronies in DC, he's dead so we should be in mourning over his passing" is what's expected here? Hell no! We should fly the flag higher to observe one less worthless parasite latched onto it.

He did more for the USA than your sorry arse ever will.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'll die nameless because I've not spent my life being an attention whoring opportunist who's authority is on sale to the highest bidder ala Mr McCain.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

I paid the tab alongside the other actual good tax payers in this country. We paid his salary and we paid for his mistakes, so if you're conditioned to believe he did good for this nation you should ask yourself who is really creditable, the ones picking up the tab or the asshat that's so generous with other peoples' earnings.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

It is their shiny object of the day. Relieves the pressure to formulate winning strategies.

yet the sitting president makes a bigger deal about peaceful protests and not showing respect for the flag... but fails to abide by a standard of half mast for those who served the country, and more so in the armed forces....

you are lots and lots of talk, and all of it pointless. Here, show me how wrong I am by stating the procedure of how this should have gone down. Flag etiquette is a real thing and exists for all to see. Even you.
www.usflag.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The backlash against trumps arrogance has caused the flag to be lowered once again.

At least some in the WH have character and honor. It's a shame trump isn't one of them. Petulant little egoist.
I'll bet he lies and says it wasn't his idea and blames a staff member, his SOP.

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 27-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
[quote]

I'm not sure why the asshole deserved any half staff time in the first place. "We The People paid the deceased bastard for decades to play grab ass with his cronies in DC, he's dead so we should be in mourning over his passing" is what's expected here? Hell no! We should fly the flag higher to observe one less worthless parasite latched onto it.

He did more for the USA than your sorry arse ever will. [/quote]

Star. Those who served will always outpace those who stayed at home because of "bone spurs." The cowards and the ones who served is self evident. John served. Donny played the rich kid game and got a doctor to write him a note.

You might not like John's politics, but when it came down to it, he manned up. Donny was a pussy. He still is.
edit on 27-8-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So many US panties in a twist lol
Reminds me how annoying it will be when the Queen dies, having to pretend to give a # or be called a hater

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you are lots and lots of talk, and all of it pointless. Here, show me how wrong I am by stating the procedure of how this should have gone down. Flag etiquette is a real thing and exists for all to see. Even you.
www.usflag.org...

Did you serve? Did you have to undergo 5 years of torture?

OK.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'll die nameless because I've not spent my life being an attention whoring opportunist who's authority is on sale to the highest bidder ala Mr McCain.

Or maybe because you made no contribution...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

He died Saturday.

I was under the guise that for a member of Congress that expires, the flag is to be lowered the day of death and the following day.

Where is the arrogance?

Mg

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The White House lowered the flag back down to half mast, but it could have been the wrong thing to do.

grayseconomy.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Reminds me how annoying it will be when the Queen dies, having to pretend to give a # or be called a hater

What is it about cult45 that always feels the need to express "whataboutism" when it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed except derailing the thread.

but....but....what about clinton and but....but....what about Obama, or your Queen, Who cares, it isn't going to sway anyone's opinion.

edit on 27-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
American Legion National Commander made a special request that the flag be half-staffed through McCain's interment, and a VFW spokesman also requested it. President Trump honored their wishes and broke with standard protocol.
edit on 27-8-2018 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

originally posted by: network dude

www.usflag.org...

Did you serve? Did you have to undergo 5 years of torture?

OK.

LOL, yes, I served. I wasn't captured or tortured,so sorry about that. I did 6 years in the USAF. I didn't like McCain, but I haven't spoke badly of his death and I won't.

But I can read, and I understand how some things work. Like the flag. There are rules for it, and as my link showed, Trump followed the rules, and has the ultimate authority to do as he wishes.

As of now, he has lowered the flag to appease the loud mouths, and he will be chastised for that, just as he was for not lowering it more than the regulations allowed. Some of us are smart enough to realize that there really isn't anything he could do to please folks like you, so as long as he keeps the tantrum material low key like this, we may avert the larger tantrums that are sure to come. I personally can't wait for the leftovers to find a less douche like leader so I can spend countless hours trashing them over the most inane #. I think I'll spend the first year just rehashing all the things Trump was accused of, and just put the communists name there instead.

As always, have a super day.
edit on 27-8-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You're absolutely correct, I don't give a # that the guy has died, I'm just drawing parallels with pretending to give a # when the Queen dies, you know, for snowflakes who didn't know him but still cry lol

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

What is it about cult45 that always feels the need to express "whataboutism" when it has nothing to do with the topic being discussed except derailing the thread.

but....but....what about clinton and but....but....what about Obama, or your Queen, Who cares, it isn't going to sway anyone's opinion.

Because that is all they have. In other words, they got nuthin'

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
So the white house has fired back with the pettyness . The flag is at full staff lol..

I cant come to the funeral you dont get half staff flag.

This is pure entertainment..

www.cnn.com...

Pettiness?

You mean like saying the sitting President is not allowed at your funeral because you are a criminal and had been found out?

Pettiness?

Like making your final act about sowing discord and division?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thanks for your service. Can't send the same to Donny. He bailed out with a note from his doctor. He is a pussy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join