It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do Trump supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything he does?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
Imagine how awesome it would be if you could laugh at a guy when he makes some stupid mistake and still support him.

It does not have to be 1 or the other.

I think many do TST.

I can’t actually call my self a Trump supporter because I am not American... but I do care about the good ol’ USA.. and what I saw in Trump’s campaign was an honest effort to bring hope back to those who were struggling and wanted to work . ( notice I said wanted )
I admire that he has followed through on as many of his campaign promises that he could, in a much faster pace than previous presidents.
Yes, he most definitely has a quirky personality, with obvious insecurity problems ( only reason why someone needs to be best all the time )... but despite his character flaws ( we all have them to a degree).. he seems to have integrity concerning his promises to the American people.

He has not been good for Canada, as far as trade goes, but I say kudos to him for not backing down on negotiating trade that is much fairer to the USA. He offered Trudeau a good deal early on and Trudeau # on it. If Bernier happens to win our next election despite splitting from Conservative party, we’ll have a better chance on negotiating fair and reasonable trade agreements.

I see Trump as a very reasonable man in regards to trade but no pushover. I agree with so many things he does, it’s hard to pick on him for character defect, or inconsequential trivialities.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't, but I think it is because the left never cuts him any slack, and digs up every petty piece of information they can to make him look bad.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Easy.

Because some petty low-lifes on the left feel the need to attack everything he does. Not to mention the consistent stream of personal attacks directed at Trump voters.

Screw 'em, they won't get once shred of cooperation out of me. I'm pro-Trump, period. NOTHING is going to change that, and thanks to the ridiculous hysterical left that position is virtually set in concrete.

(guess next time the leftists should pick "issues" based on reality vs. trying to incite a cultural war [you know, the one they already lost])
edit on 8/27/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Your taxes are lower and your GDP is up.

Wtf is your problem? Seriously...

True and they ignore anything he does positive.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Easy.

Because some petty low-lifes on the left feel the need to attack everything he does. Not to mention the consistent stream of personal attacks directed at Trump voters.

Screw 'em, they won't get once shred of cooperation out of me. I'm pro-Trump, period. NOTHING is going to change that, and thanks to the ridiculous hysterical left that position is virtually set in concrete.

That is another point.

The ones who attack him have nothing but contempt for me and people like me and have always been that way. If you're honest, Tiny, you know they regard you as trash too and voting for people they approve of won't change that because those people they approve of think you're deplorable right along with the rest of us.
edit on 27-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Grambler

why are some people who dislike trump so unwilling to even consider the possibility that the establishment is out to get him?

Bernie Sanders is anti establishment and got screwed over because of it.

That's priceless. Thanks for the laugh

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The ones who attack him have nothing but contempt for me and people like me and have always been that way.

That's right, they are smug, self-righteous, arrogant, condescending, "holier-than-thou", and have an extremely inflated false sense of moral superiority. They are brainwashed to believe their new perspective on politics is the only right answer, and have gone so far as to falsely and intentionally conflate nationalism/patriotism/libertarianism/conservatism with things that Democrats historically supported: including slavery, segregation (1)

Either way, I realize they have nothing but contempt for me, my way of life and everything I hold dear. They should know the feeling is absolutely, 100% mutual as well
There have been and are a few exceptions to that, of course

(1) The Civil Rights Act -- which is best known for barring discrimination in public accommodations -- passed the House on Feb. 10, 1964 by a margin of 290-130. When broken down by party, 61 percent of Democratic lawmakers voted for the bill (152 yeas and 96 nays), and a full 80 percent of the Republican caucus supported it (138 yeas and 34 nays). [source: www.politifact.com...]

To this day, the Democrats are still advocating for fewer rights/less freedoms, while the Republicans are still fighting for more freedom, increased autonomy and more rights. Look at any issue, the answer from Democrats is always detrimental to individual liberty/autonomy
edit on 8/27/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hated the seemingly off-the-cuff, sloppy way the travel-ban was first implemented.

I hated the omnibus bill signing.

Criticized the Syria strike when all the neolibs and neocons were out for blood.

Not a fan of the way some of the tariffs are haphazardly structured (ex: tariff on steel/steel wire that affects US manufacturers while not having a corresponding tariff on finished steel products like wire and nails from foreign industry).

Not a fan of how he took the bait and failed to rise above the bickering with McCain's death (who I was also not fond of).

I hate how petty and thin-skinned he is.

I wish he was a person of outstanding moral character.

I've called him a giant douche multiple times on the forums.

I still rank very high on job satisfaction and defend him from misleading nonsense and faux outrage. Sorry.

I get it. You don't like him. He's very unlikeable. But continuing in the over the top nonsense and name calling of conservatives isn't going to change any votes. And I could not care less about how he colours a flag with school kids or how Melania put stars inside the stripes, or that he drinks diet Coke and had TWO scoops of ice cream, etc, et al.

edit on 27-8-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Imagine how awesome it would be if you could laugh at a guy when he makes some stupid mistake and still support him.

It does not have to be 1 or the other.

But it apparently IS one or the other. The lines are drawn, and the sides are evidently quite staunch regardless of to what degree of an issue something he does/says is.

Tomorrow's headline could be "Trump S#s on Infant in a Stroller" and I can tell you how it's going to go down on ATS:

Leftwingers: "OMG, he's nucking futz to the hilt, isn't he?? Who s#s on a baby? Is this his version of shooting someone in the street and people still loving him for it?"

Rightwingers: "BECAUSE HE CAN, MOFOS! You bitch about anything, bwahaha!"

Indies & 3rd Partiers: "Instead of slinging mud, we could always just examine the iss---"

Rightwingers: "TDS, STFU, Democraps!"

But who would be right?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
When anti-Trumpers actually highlight something worth worrying about, then perhaps they will get the agreement they seem to so desperately need in their lives.
Whilst they continue with utter nonsense, it's not surprising sane people just don't agree with them.
One big mistake Trump made was in attacking Syria, but bizarrely the left seemed to love that.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You can still defend sanity while admitting he messed up or made a mistake.
Laughing at the flag thing is 1 thing. To crucify him is another.

But you "get it". Most folks don't.

Honestly, were it not for the political trolling over the flag thing, i'd be laughing, too. Unfortunately, the morose political climate we are in has sucked the fun right out of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is an easy question to answer: he needs defending because he is attacked for getting 2 scoops of ice cream.
If you think the president of the United States of America who lived his whole life in the United States doesn’t know what our flag looks like, that says waaaaaaay more about your intelligence than his. Even if I believed that I wouldn’t dare let anyone else know I think that. Even I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when he said there were 57 states.

You pretty much answered your own question. The left is for the most part the stupidest group you will meet being led by a few elite evil geniuses

I cringed when he said he likes heroes that don’t get caught. That was stupid. Happy now?
edit on 27-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

If only you guys could have the same thick-skin as Trump we might take you seriously.

OMG. Thank you for that laugh.

Trump and thick skinned???

He's probably the thinnest skinned president since Johnson. Don't believe me? Look at his twitter feed.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

How is asking a question trolling?

I don't understand this.

Is it not possible that it interests me so I asked?

But I must be trolling
I must be ranting.

Unlike some I say what I mean

When I say I asked cause I am curious and want to understand them that's what it is.
Like you, I don't lie about #

My comment didn't relate to you. It relates to the discussion in general, and how things work. Like i said...you "get it". Its why when we interact here, even though we don't agree, we are still friendly. When we are done, i don't leave the discussion feeling raw about you, or any less about you.

There are a lot of folks that this cannot be said about. And its not ATS that im primarily referencing.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
it could be because if the left keeps on messing around, some think we could possibly have 2 years of President Pence LOL and certainly nobody but the fringe right wants that.

But I'm used to flawed politicians and Presidents....

Just in my life time just the basics

LBJ questionable vote tabulations in certain counties in Texas helping JFK win the election, peeing on secret service agents leg etc.

Nixon- Watergate/ Gasoline shortages missing tapes

Carter- Iranian hostage crisis and failed rescue attempt, 3 Mile Island

Reagan- Iran Contra and letting CIA set up shop in the banana republics with drug cartels etc.

Bush- Read my lips, we are still stuck in Iraq

Clinton- Selling hi-tech to the Chinese using interns as a humidor and other various quasi scandals

Bush 2 - Dangling Chads ,911 questions what did we know and when /Mission Accomplished/ Iraq and Afghanistan quagmires

Obama-Banking and financial crisis questionable healthcare reform

So when everything seems to be going relatively well its hard to get excited when the president makes a mistake coloring the flag while visiting a pre-school class. As for the other pending investigations if they have merit then sure punish Trump till then I can wait

Most of these either had immediate negative effects and individuals finances and/or security, the rest developed or came to light much later. Which is why considering our recent presidential history, we probably need to investigate both sides, both parties in depth in regards to campaign financing and election fraud. After all instead of being partisan don't we want the process to be a legit as possible.

edit on 27-8-2018 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Also Tiny Sick Tears, you have NO IDEA what is on his mind at the moment. Remember, he is the President. There is no telling what crisis was just averted, or what impending doom is coming that he’s thinking about. He’s coloring with kids. Maybe he thought he could do whatever the hell he wanted to. Maybe he had something VERY important on his mind.

But it makes you feel good to think you’re smarter than a man who has accomplished more than most will in 5 lifetimes, doesn’t it

edit on 27-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: Grammar nazis

I am abrasive, but damn if I ain’t triggered. Think. He has the most important job in the country and he’s doing a damn fine job. He ain’t stupid. He very well could be as smart as he claims to be. Everything so far has worked out in his favor, even bankruptcy

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

none of that has anything to do with why people need to defend him no matter what.

i agree with a lot of what you say about the news.

you say you dont really tune in and dont really take it serious anymore.
thats fine and i get it. with the current climate it makes sense.

that does not mean if he makes a mistake you must defend.
if he made a mistake say something

you cant tune out and come in and defend.

just sounds like a lot of excuses to me

you can still say yeah, i dont know why he did that even but ive never seen that.

not from you or any supporter here.

40 paged threads with defense and deflections. not even the same ones. different deflections.

they cant all be true

so what is so wrong with saying yeah i dont know why he did/said that. it makes no sense.

or

yeah he messed up on that one?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

OMG. Thank you for that laugh.

Trump and thick skinned???

He's probably the thinnest skinned president since Johnson. Don't believe me? Look at his twitter feed.

Yeah right. He has yet to apologize or capitulate to anything you guys have thrown at him. His twitter feed is evidence that he tweets. That's it. Now look at the comments under his tweets and see the thin-skinned in action.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

How is asking a question trolling?

I don't understand this.

Is it not possible that it interests me so I asked?

But I must be trolling
I must be ranting.

Unlike some I say what I mean

When I say I asked cause I am curious and want to understand them that's what it is.
Like you, I don't lie about #

My comment didn't relate to you. It relates to the discussion in general, and how things work. Like i said...you "get it". Its why when we interact here, even though we don't agree, we are still friendly. When we are done, i don't leave the discussion feeling raw about you, or any less about you.

There are a lot of folks that this cannot be said about. And its not ATS that im primarily referencing.

i feel ya
thats why it bummed me out when i thought it was directed at me

i will say that everything i hear the left(me included) do i hear the right do too.
everything i hear the right do the left does too.

all of us do it to some degree.
i do think i am one of the ones who get it

i dont agree with most of the right when we discuss pretty much most things on here but i do see why they feel how they feel. i try to as well with threads like this.
i am no #ing saint but i dont lie.

even in this instance. i said i think he didnt know the colors but it is possible he was just having fun.
but i dont know.
i know what my opinion is

then i started the thread asking. i asked cause i really do want to know

i put my opinion out there right away so there was no questioning it.
ive not tried to argue to try and change people minds.

i just want to know the the right(ok the ones that defend him no matter what) defends as they do.

ive said a million times on here i dont like people. i dont like them so i dont interact with them.
i do my socializing here for the most part.

i like to hear peoples opinions. ESPECIALLY people that feel differently than i do.
i want to know how people feel and why they feel how they do.

trust me when i say i spend a lot of time thinking about these conversations and points of view of members i disagree with most.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Also Tiny Sick Tears, you have NO IDEA what is on his mind at the moment. Remember, he is the President. There is no telling what crisis was just averted, or what impending doom is coming that he’s thinking about. He’s coloring with kids. Maybe he thought he could do whatever the hell he wanted to. Maybe he had something VERY important on his mind.

But it makes you feel good to think you’re smarter than a man who has accomplished more than most will in 5 lifetimes, doesn’t it

i dont know why you have to get smart ass at the end. i never said i was smarter than him.

you make a good point. notice since post 1 i said i could be wrong about me thinking he didnt know the colors.

you just gave me something to think about that makes more sense than anything i have read in the thread so far.

dude has more going on up there than anyone else. would be very easy to get lost in geo political world and just not change the marker.

a great example of why this should be a non news story. i also said that from the beginning.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join