It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do Trump supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything he does?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: scolai

That is the answer
I like when people are honest and say it.

7 pages and maybe 3 people answered. Many more took shots.
That's interesting too

Tells you a lot about people who tried to answer, and those who could not.

7 lies per day, and the same folks covering for the lies. Tells you a lot about those who lie for liars.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Imagine how awesome it would be if you could laugh at a guy when he makes some stupid mistake and still support him.

It does not have to be 1 or the other.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I'll give ya that and he makes for easy laughing, I'm just calling you out on your title by lumping ALL Trump supporters together. You could've come up with a better one, it's like saying all Obama supporters never gave him ANY grief at all which we know for a fact isn't true.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Imagine how awesome it would be if you could laugh at a guy when he makes some stupid mistake and still support him.

It does not have to be 1 or the other.

But it apparently IS one or the other. The lines are drawn, and the sides are evidently quite staunch regardless of to what degree of an issue something he does/says is.

Tomorrow's headline could be "Trump S#s on Infant in a Stroller" and I can tell you how it's going to go down on ATS:

Leftwingers: "OMG, he's nucking futz to the hilt, isn't he?? Who s#s on a baby? Is this his version of shooting someone in the street and people still loving him for it?"

Rightwingers: "BECAUSE HE CAN, MOFOS! You bitch about anything, bwahaha!"

Indies & 3rd Partiers: "Instead of slinging mud, we could always just examine the iss---"

Rightwingers: "TDS, STFU, Democraps!"
edit on 8/27/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why do Trump supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything he does?

Probably for the same reason many Trump detractors feel the need to criticise everything he does.

He seems to have the ability to polarise people.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

why are some people who dislike trump so unwilling to even consider the possibility that the establishment is out to get him?

Because it's such a stupid idea.
Trump is not anti establishment.
You can't become president of the United States if you are anti establishment.
Bernie Sanders is anti establishment and got screwed over because of it.
How naive are you if you think that the "establishment" would allow Trump to become president in the first place?!
Stormy Daniels and all the other crap was well known before Trump became president.
The so called establishment could have destroyed Trumps presidency before he even got elected.
But nooo. Comey threw Hillary under the bus whether you like it or not.
That why I can't nor won't support any crap about Trump being some kind of a new age Jesus.
I

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Why do Trump supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything he does?

Probably for the same reason many Trump detractors feel the need to criticise everything he does.

He seems to have the ability to polarise people.

wow... really can't think for yourselves either... regurgitate the least accurate modicum of a rebuttal and call it "gotcha".....

well heres something to me your head explode; everything he does is put under a microscope because we don't live in totalitarian north Korea. its better to query and question than it is to blindly follow and be a 'yes man'.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Right, only no one want to respond to the actual evidnce of what happened.

This is the exact response you get.

"This is stupid"

In fact here is the thread I mentioned.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I discuss on there one of the exact comments you are making, that comey through hillary under the bus.

The evidence shows that comey and particularly stzrok and others high in the fbi did everything they could to try to sit on the evidence on weiners laptop but had to come public when an fbi agent that was concerned that they were trying to bury it went over comeys head to oversight people.

But never mind those provable facts, instead we just get "Trump is bad, the comey cost hillary the election"

So thank you for proving the point I was making with that post.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I would say it might be because the press makes a national issue out of everything he does.

Oh, NO! Trump ate 2 scoops of ice cream! It's a scandal ...

Oh, NO! Trump fed the fish ... just like the Japanese dude did, but we edited that part out ...

Oh, NO! Trump ...

They work so hard to make every little thing a scandal of national importance that even when they might have actually reported on something that could be called a scandal, no one cares anymore and they just hate on the press.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum

I'll give ya that and he makes for easy laughing, I'm just calling you out on your title by lumping ALL Trump supporters together. You could've come up with a better one, it's like saying all Obama supporters never gave him ANY grief at all which we know for a fact isn't true.

I should have said some or many. I didn't.
I also didn't say all.

Not like the replies would have been different

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That sounds like a cop out or deflection to me.

Person a defends him no matter what because the press?

Cause the press is rough on him his supporters can't admit when he messes up?

That's a deflection

Instead of but Obama it's but the press

edit on 27-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Ignorance, there's no other reason for it. Trump nor anyone else is perfect or above the law. If Americans can't put their political bias aside and call out a wrong, than we as a people will continue to lose any moral standings and sense of credibility in the world. How can Americans expect our country to become better? How can we expect politicians to address the issues which affect all of us? This president and many of our elected representatives refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Nor do they work together to pass meaningful legislation for the American people! A job they're elected to do! Yet all they do is bicker and point the finger at each other, and many foolish Americans follow their lead.

In the end, we're all fools when we support and defend poor behavior from our leaders. We will have no one to blame but ourselves when the SHTF.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

wow... really can't think for yourselves either... regurgitate the least accurate modicum of a rebuttal and call it "gotcha".....

What on earth are you on about?

Of course I can, and do, think for myself.

And that is my observation viewed from someone who is on the outside looking in.

well heres something to me your head explode; everything he does is put under a microscope because we don't live in totalitarian north Korea. its better to query and question than it is to blindly follow and be a 'yes man'.

Of course its put under the microscope, he's The President of the United States!

Who is following anything and being a 'yes man', please clarify and explain because to me your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Exactly, plain speak please, what do you object to in my post?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

So I take you've never read the story of the boy who cried wolf? Or if you have, you don't agree with the basic premise?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So I take you've never read the story of the boy who cried wolf? Or if you have, you don't agree with the basic premise?

I don't think it applies
I think people can't answer the question

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't think it applies
I think people can't answer the question

I think you should think it applies.

How many so-called scandals have they dug up on Trump by now? How many times have they either been a rehash of something that was already thrown against Trump's wall that didn't stick, or a story based on anonymous sources that turned out to be wrong, or something completely stupid like 2 scaoops of ice cream?

They've created so much noise, that I no longer really tune in. I'm so used to them basically screaming like this chick:

That I have a very hard time taking any of it seriously anymore.

I mean, look at the Special Counsel investigation. It started to prove collusion with Russia, and we are now prosecuting people on bank fraud that took place entire years before there ever was a presidential campaign and trying to figure out the mental jiu jitsu to call NDA agreements signed years prior to the campaign campaign finance issues that can be turned into something impeachable when Obama only paid fines for all of his campaign finance issues!

It's nuts and it's no wonder no one cares or takes much of the press seriously.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Probably for the same reason Trump opponents feel the need to oppose everything he does. Because they're mindless automatons who are emotionally invested in one side of a scripted reality show.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I make fun of him all the time in “the real world”. I voted for him and support the good, criticize the bad. He sounds like a child on Twitter and can be very petty/egocentric.
Most people I know that voted for him will say the same thing.
I think it appears that way to the left because most of the things seen are petty attacks that supporters defend. If it’s something legitimately wrong then most wont defend him, but the trolls will hit it up and it appears ALL of his supporters are defending him. He’s wrong on not lowering the flag, therefore I didn’t defend him though others may, but not “every supporter” is going to bat for him.
Your turn! Say something bad about a Democrat...it feels so good.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am a “Trump supporter” in that he was my only choice if I couldn’t vote for Hillary, which I couldn’t—for many reasons, none of which are important to this thread. I defend Trump when I see threads or posts which seem like they are posted from the mindset that no matter what he does, it will never be right, or good enough, or acceptable. Honestly, part of me understand what this mindset feels like, because I have an actual visceral reaction to Hillary Clinton—even though I actually still like Bill despite his incorrigible self—that when she does something which isn’t awful, I have to remind myself to give credit where due, because that is not my instinct with regard to her.

I don’t think everything Trump does is great or right or even a good idea. Many times I would like to take his phone away from him when he tweets something idiotic and hit him up side the head with it. I also think that despite the organized campaign by Mueller to find something—anything—on him (which reminds me of Ken Star’s investigation into Bill Clinton) that if Cohen and anyone else around him is found to be a tax evader or criminal, that they should go to prison if found guilty. I think they are being targeted because of their proximity to Trump, but if they are dirty, then they shouldn’t be above the law. So...it might seem from my posts that I defend Trump—actually more often than I would like to have to because some reports are just idiotic like whether he knows how to color the flag, because who seriously cares about crap like that? But, I think Trump is flawed and fallible like every other President and human, yet when the msm is so clearly part and parcel of the DNC, I find myself defending him because not to do so allows people like Hillary, Huma, Strzok, etc go unchecked.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join