It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do Trump supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything he does?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
Why do Hillary & Bummer supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything they do?

Because xuenchen et al won't let the past glide into the sunset? A like that whataboutism though.

20 pages on this now. Not surprising. Ya'll got your panties i a bunch.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Why do Hillary & Bummer supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything they do?

Because xuenchen et al won't let the past glide into the sunset? A like that whataboutism though.

That's why I always go commando.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm not even sure I understand what you are saying.....

but the point I was trying to make is that - It's ok that everyone wants to question why someone supports & defends this potus, but it's not ok to question why others support & defend hrc & bummer.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: intrepid

That's why I always go commando.

Dude. You're scary.

(post by AutisticEvo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

Only funny because it's absurd, predictable though, standard low grade deflection..perhaps point out the endless defence of Hillary.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Sadly America doesn't even know what left is .. Liberal an ugly word to the right is actually very much right of centre as it is..

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

wasn't deflecting, I was pointing out the complete hypocrisy of the title, and the fact that both the OP statement, and mine, are two sides of the same coin.

The fact of the matter is, both sides spout a lot of the same narratives against the other side, supporters of said side being spout about come out in defense of said sides candidate.

I can not speak to the "need to defend absolutely everything he does" because personally I do not. Trump does and says some pretty crazy $h!t. I agree that it seems he contradicts himself, but show a single solitary politician, or anyone in the spotlight for that matter, that has not. I like Trump because he doesn't sugar coat crap. I've been tired of the politically correct bs for a very long time, so it doesn't bother me when he speaks out on stuff in a less than intelligent manner. We all say stupid $h!t that comes out the wrong way, why should we expect someone in the spot light to be more than perfect?

On the other side, (just as an example) during the campaign, HRC clearly showed signs of some type of medical something something going on with her. The Dem side defended her at all costs, often in lieu of any kind of concern for her well-being. Personally I found it crazy how so many people wanted to point to her falling down a lot and then wearing the boot for so long... Osteoporosis is a very likely candidate for that, imo. I don't like her because she's a freaking cold-hearted crooked b!0tch that cares about nothing but the money in her pocket. She's fake, selfish, mean and entitled.

At least Trump doesn't pretend to not love himself.

Bummer is a flat out anti-American terrorist & in my opinion, if ever there were to be an anti-Christ come to destroy us, I would not be at all surprised to find that it is indeed, bummer.

So now explain to me how your reply wasn't in fact

Only funny because it's absurd, predictable though, standard low grade deflection..perhaps point out the endless defence of Hillary.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

How did you get into my head??

That's, more or less, exactly how I feel on the issue of "supporting Trump". When he's doing something I like, I do, when he isn't, I don't.

Not sure what else I'm supposed to do. I feel no real need to scream at the sky when I disagree. Nor do I feel any need to dance when I do agree.

As I said earlier, I save much, if not most, of my contempt for Congress. I also share it out to the morons who keep voting the same idiots back into office election in, election out. 'Til death do us part.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

That single sentence reply is rather telling.

When you accuse an entire group of being "so dam dumb", you leave yourself open to antagonistic replies that might comment upon your lack of grammar (but that would make me a Grammar Nazi, so I won't), or further commentary on your obvious struggles with spelling...

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Trump Administration flouts political orthopraxy and defiles the once insuperable monolithic consensus of a globalized world proctored by a tempered neoliberal avarice that of course championed nepotism, a stitched compromise to appease the aristocracy. In some ways by bucking the trends of statesmanship he is exercising a temerity that is folksy and pandering to people of substandard intelligence while simultaneously engineering a society that disavows the creed of his venal predecessors without entirely disowning the deep state. He endears conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones primarily because of his immigration calculus but at the same time he retains a draconian position on criminal justice in America, a system built on Ronald Reagan who-in my researched opinion-was one of the most deplorable presidents of all time because of his history of covert meddling and Procrustean abominations against the due process of racial justice and the febrile anti-drug sentiment his hidebound puritanism engendered in a society that should uphold decent leniencies and fair patrols rather than a vigilant crusade against minorities who suffer from the disease of addiction. I prefer Trump to Hillary Clinton because of his fiscal sense and his brazen attempts to assail the media industrial complex but a man of such titanic wit which he often hides in order to propitiate poor people and the undereducated should be more caustic and incisive against the true enemies of the people. If Trump really wanted to drain the swamp he would excoriate the media in more direct terms and would have responded immediately to INFOWARS.COM being censored rather than two-weeks later, he would also have been less dilatory in the construction of the wall that is sorely needed on other southern border rather than tarrying around with bloviation.... but at the very least he doesn't strike me as a prevaricator on many issues. His candor is endearing and his willingness to negotiate with other countries is an asset but he is not the solution to the deepest issues for state and country as the Mueller investigation holds extreme leverage over his political conduct. The deep state could easily dredge dirt on him and can him with alacrity if he bucks the special interests that are the pillars of malfeasance in a society domineered by graft. I disagree with him especially on libertarian issues such as criminal justice reform and also think that his imperious tweets diminish the legitimacy of his office and foment anti-American sentiment beyond our borders where capitalism is less cherished. Nevertheless, when I look at his most vocal critics namely the talk show circuit and complete morons like Samantha Bee I am revolted at how stilted and forced politically motivated comedy really is and saddened by the infestation of sheep that congregate around cable news channels like spoon-fed senile old people in an era where the resourcefulness of the person dictates how enlightened they are.

Trump is reproachable in some respects because of his ill-mannered tweets but at the same time insidiously endearing because of his moderate courage in challenging certain corporate establishments that sway like a hurricane to the left and ravage the freedom for libertarian malcontent to percolate through society in order to realize our true promise as a nation endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights. Ultimately I criticize him for playing by the media at all and sometimes pretending stupidity and avoiding contentious issues because of the strict decorum of rigid political orthodoxies that are virtually inviolable. He doesn't awaken enough sheep, he doesn't fight with the grit of a John F. Kenney and the Mueller Probe ensures that the deep state has enough leverage over him to make him temper his nationalist rage into a subdued storm rather than a full-fledged assault on the extremes of flamboyantly liberal corporatism.

Overall I give Trump a grade of a B- as President so far but I have harsh standards. The reason I don't award him with more plaudits is that he is complicit in keeping sheep asleep even if he awakens others to the enlightenment of a time where secularism and religion can coexist. Nevertheless I give SJWs an F for being extremely deranged, odd, queer and obnoxiously annoying. SJWs are a pasquinade of themselves that deters my support for the Democratic party because this gender-fluid pride-flag-waving-in-your-face-Drag-Queen-Story-Hour-for-toddlers nonsense really gets on my nerves because it is a debauched form of eugenics that panders the fringe with majoritarian outrage at anything prickly ever said by any public official.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You do realize you just defended Hillary and Barack ?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm not even sure I understand what you are saying.....

but the point I was trying to make is that - It's ok that everyone wants to question why someone supports & defends this potus, but it's not ok to question why others support & defend hrc & bummer.

That's because the democrat party and all the rest of the Trump haters are better known as "The Hypocrite party" which explains that double standard.

Even though hypocrites can be found in any group, the Trump hating hypocrites are world class ones. Olympic class hypocrites with no equals.

The rules and laws only apply to Trump, and Trump supporters now.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
Imagine how awesome it would be if you could laugh at a guy when he makes some stupid mistake and still support him.

It does not have to be 1 or the other.

But noone is laughing they are seething rage head pretending to laugh.

Sorry but we cannot laugh along when the hatred clouds over it..ALL OF THE TIME.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Major hot potato.

All I can do is try to help
those that are willing to listen.

I am listening all the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

why do Trump haters feel the need to attack absolutely everything he does?

There fixed the thread heading for you.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScreamButterfly
The Trump Administration flouts political orthopraxy and defiles the once insuperable monolithic consensus of a globalized world proctored by a tempered neoliberal avarice that of course championed nepotism, a stitched compromise to appease the aristocracy. In some ways by bucking the trends of statesmanship he is exercising a temerity that is folksy and pandering to people of substandard intelligence while simultaneously engineering a society that disavows the creed of his venal predecessors without entirely disowning the deep state. He endears conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones primarily because of his immigration calculus but at the same time he retains a draconian position on criminal justice in America, a system built on Ronald Reagan who-in my researched opinion-was one of the most deplorable presidents of all time because of his history of covert meddling and Procrustean abominations against the due process of racial justice and the febrile anti-drug sentiment his hidebound puritanism engendered in a society that should uphold decent leniencies and fair patrols rather than a vigilant crusade against minorities who suffer from the disease of addiction. I prefer Trump to Hillary Clinton because of his fiscal sense and his brazen attempts to assail the media industrial complex but a man of such titanic wit which he often hides in order to propitiate poor people and the undereducated should be more caustic and incisive against the true enemies of the people. If Trump really wanted to drain the swamp he would excoriate the media in more direct terms and would have responded immediately to INFOWARS.COM being censored rather than two-weeks later, he would also have been less dilatory in the construction of the wall that is sorely needed on other southern border rather than tarrying around with bloviation.... but at the very least he doesn't strike me as a prevaricator on many issues. His candor is endearing and his willingness to negotiate with other countries is an asset but he is not the solution to the deepest issues for state and country as the Mueller investigation holds extreme leverage over his political conduct. The deep state could easily dredge dirt on him and can him with alacrity if he bucks the special interests that are the pillars of malfeasance in a society domineered by graft. I disagree with him especially on libertarian issues such as criminal justice reform and also think that his imperious tweets diminish the legitimacy of his office and foment anti-American sentiment beyond our borders where capitalism is less cherished. Nevertheless, when I look at his most vocal critics namely the talk show circuit and complete morons like Samantha Bee I am revolted at how stilted and forced politically motivated comedy really is and saddened by the infestation of sheep that congregate around cable news channels like spoon-fed senile old people in an era where the resourcefulness of the person dictates how enlightened they are.

Trump is reproachable in some respects because of his ill-mannered tweets but at the same time insidiously endearing because of his moderate courage in challenging certain corporate establishments that sway like a hurricane to the left and ravage the freedom for libertarian malcontent to percolate through society in order to realize our true promise as a nation endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights. Ultimately I criticize him for playing by the media at all and sometimes pretending stupidity and avoiding contentious issues because of the strict decorum of rigid political orthodoxies that are virtually inviolable. He doesn't awaken enough sheep, he doesn't fight with the grit of a John F. Kenney and the Mueller Probe ensures that the deep state has enough leverage over him to make him temper his nationalist rage into a subdued storm rather than a full-fledged assault on the extremes of flamboyantly liberal corporatism.

Overall I give Trump a grade of a B- as President so far but I have harsh standards. The reason I don't award him with more plaudits is that he is complicit in keeping sheep asleep even if he awakens others to the enlightenment of a time where secularism and religion can coexist. Nevertheless I give SJWs an F for being extremely deranged, odd, queer and obnoxiously annoying. SJWs are a pasquinade of themselves that deters my support for the Democratic party because this gender-fluid pride-flag-waving-in-your-face-Drag-Queen-Story-Hour-for-toddlers nonsense really gets on my nerves because it is a debauched form of eugenics that panders the fringe with majoritarian outrage at anything prickly ever said by any public official.

Your post distilled down.

I prefer Hillary Clinton to Trump.

edit on 2-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They are victims of propaganda and his self-marketing (not that he's the only one marketing him).

But I read "some" into your question before answering. Why do some Trump supporters...", etc.

As others here have pointed out, a lot of Trump supporters (or those who voted for him) have a more convenient way to deal with his dubious behaviour and promoted ideologies (or just stuff he says, I actually believe it's all an act catering to a particular right-wing market):

'just ignore it'.

As if it never happened (not literally). Downplay it. Don't make it an issue, don't acknowledge it's an issue (with honesty for example). Which reminds me of the way some people deal with this behaviour and how they evaluate those involved (like Stephen Hawking who isn't mentioned in the video below):

Psychology: Dawkins&Krauss selling the philosophy and contradiction that nothing is something
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (Part 1 of 10)
edit on 3-9-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

That's because the democrat party and all the rest of the Trump haters are better known as "The Hypocrite party" which explains that double standard.

Even though hypocrites can be found in any group, the Trump hating hypocrites are world class ones. Olympic class hypocrites with no equals.

And how does Trump or his supporters pan out on your hypocrisy scale?

So you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” (Matthew 15:6b-9)

edit on 3-9-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join