It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do Trump supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything he does?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Define backwards.

Being so completely, utterly obsessed with the past as to be stuck in it to such an degree that advances beyond those days dont even come into question, that every possible comparison to those days keeps it all fresh as if nothing ever changed.

As we've already discussed at length.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Define backwards.

Being so completely, utterly obsessed with the past as to be stuck in it to such an degree that advances beyond those days dont even come into question, that every possible comparison to those days keeps it all fresh as if nothing ever changed.

As we've already discussed at length.

Not a clue what that means.

Or I'm too tired.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

When the employees are out of control, the stockholders don't care how they feel about a disruptive boss.

I'm not an employee of the United States... I'm a stockholder.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Why would you want to go backwards if you claim to be for progress?

Define backwards.

My viewpoint is Trump has moved us backwards.

You mean your emotions.
Lol, your viewpoint, good one.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

When the employees are out of control, the stockholders don't care how they feel about a disruptive boss.

I'm not an employee of the United States... I'm a stockholder.

TheRedneck

So am I.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Define backwards.

You mean your emotions.

Feel free to play your game with someone else.

I'm not interested.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

So am I.

Yes, Annee, you are. So don't you want the place to run smoothly? The corruption in government was getting astronomical... so we needed someone to shake things up.

I didn't vote for a friend, or a preacher, or a nice guy. I voted for a disruptive pain in the butt to shake things up and drive out the troublemakers. So far that's going pretty well IMO.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So am I.

Yes, Annee, you are. So don't you want the place to run smoothly? The corruption in government was getting astronomical... so we needed someone to shake things up.

I didn't vote for a friend, or a preacher, or a nice guy. I voted for a disruptive pain in the butt to shake things up and drive out the troublemakers. So far that's going pretty well IMO.

TheRedneck

I do not agree with your thinking on this one issue -- because IMO Trump is not disruptive in an intelligent way.

If any good actually sustains from this administration -- I'd chalk it up to lucky accident.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Define backwards.

You mean your emotions.

Feel free to play your game with someone else.

I'm not interested.

Annee, I asked you a simple question a couple of pages back and you refused to answer instead you just do what you usually do and toss up some word salad.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
it isnt ok to disturb sleeping.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I do not agree with your thinking on this one issue -- because IMO Trump is not disruptive in an intelligent way.

If any good actually sustains from this administration -- I'd chalk it up to lucky accident.

See, this is why so many take issue with you. The first line just gives an opinion. But the second line refuses to budge from that opinion, regardless of facts uncovered, regardless of proof it is incorrect, regardless of anything.

That is a closed mind, Annee, by definition, and signifies purely emotional thinking with no logical consideration whatsoever. It is the same kind of thinking that kept Leonardo DaVinci in fear most of his life... that caused Nostradamus to encrypt his writings beyond anyone's ability to decipher... it's the same thinking process that some Christians use to cling to beliefs even after we discover new truths to shed new light on them. Similar thinking led to resistance against abolition, violence against peaceful Muslims, the incarceration of Americans of Asian descent during WWII, and a whole host of other ills that some of us are trying to bury in the past.

Won't you join us in the future? We'd love to have you.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I hope most of his supporters don't do that. But the minority that do, do it because they are brainwashed, they are paid to, or they are programmed to.
edit on 31/8/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Arnie123
...and why does it matter to you?

You seriously were in the other thread, ran over to make a thread on why Trump supporters, defend and support their POTUS...?

Further reading the OP, its literally a "Well, did or did he NOT know how to color?"

Its really a RANT and a terrible one at that

It's not a rant.
It matters as far as I want to understand where the right is coming from.

How else will I know if I don't ask?

Apparently these days you can't even ask questions.

To put it quite simply, agreeing with an action does not equal defending the person who took that action. It, quite simply, means agreeing with the action that was taken. Example - POTUS 45 lowered taxes for some people. Lab4Us agrees with lowering taxes whenever possible. This does not mean (or even indicate) Lab4Us is defending POTUS 45. As has been stated more eloquently in other writings - “Hate the game, not the player”!

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

See, this is why so many take issue with you. The first line just gives an opinion. But the second line refuses to budge from that opinion, regardless of facts uncovered, regardless of proof it is incorrect, regardless of anything.

I was speaking directly to you in this one conversation.

I specified IMO intentionally.

Facts based on a "House of Cards" -- sustainability?

You remind me of my brother not accepting my view because it wasn't his view.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It's not that I don't accept your view... it's that, by your own statement, that view is fixed and non-volatile, regardless of reality. In other words, there is nothing, absolutely nothing whatsoever, that would make you reconsider your opinion. You adamantly refuse to see the opinions of others and consider their perspective... which, ironically, is exactly what you are accusing these others of doing.

I do consider your opinion... until you yourself state that your opinion has absolutely no factual basis. Surely you can see this?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It's not that I don't accept your view... it's that, by your own statement, that view is fixed and non-volatile, regardless of reality. In other words, there is nothing, absolutely nothing whatsoever, that would make you reconsider your opinion. You adamantly refuse to see the opinions of others and consider their perspective... which, ironically, is exactly what you are accusing these others of doing.

I do consider your opinion... until you yourself state that your opinion has absolutely no factual basis. Surely you can see this?

TheRedneck

How do you interpret that my view is any more fixed then yours?

Why do you ignore I've also said - time will tell.

AT THIS TIME -- I do not see things the same way you do. That does not mean I never will.

Can you say the same?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Why do Hillary & Bummer supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything they do?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
Why do Hillary & Bummer supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything they do?

Classy.

Wrong thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

How do you interpret that my view is any more fixed then yours?

Because you said this above:

That means you will not accept the possibility that any policy under this administration can ever be effective. If good ever comes from one, it must be luck... it cannot possibly be that someone knew what they were doing.

Those are your words... and the very fact that I am quoting them back to you as a part of my answer denies your assertion that I ignore your opinion. There again, is there no possibility that I find fault with your opinion? Why is that a physical impossibility?

Why do you ignore I've also said - time will tell.

I do not ignore, but I take all you have said... not just three words and ignore everything else. I am hearing that time will tell whether or not we get lucky, not whether or not we are making sound economic decisions.

And I disagree with that kind of closed-mindedness.

AT THIS TIME -- I do not see things the same way you do. That does not mean I never will.

Can you say the same?

YES I CAN!

I am looking for results. If Trump's policies have negative results, I will have no problem saying such and even voting the fool out of office. I have my concerns right now about the tariffs... in the short term, they have hurt us economically. Based on his performance thus far, I will give Trump some time to make them work, but if he fails, then he failed. I won't say he just had some bad luck... I will state that his policy failed. His performance is not based on luck, but on whether he makes things better. Luck has nothing to do with it, because luck will even out over time.

Come 2020, I will be judging Donald Trump, not on how lucky he is, but on what he has accomplished. Period. Trump did not somehow twist me into supporting him; he agreed to do the job I wanted done. My policies are not his policies... his policies align with mine. I already felt the way I do before he ever threw his hat in the ring.

My beliefs will not change... if Trump doesn't align with them, he will lose my support. Now, can you say that?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Really? wrong thread?

I literally copied your OP title and changed the name(s)

At least you thought I was 'classy', I can't say the same for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join