It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do Trump supporters feel the need to defend absolutely everything he does?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyosuke
a reply to: Annee

And yet, the MSM still feels the need to make stuff up.

Do they really?

With intent or human error?

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

75% of the time it is with intent to twist some facts to fit their narrative.Maybe 25% or less is error. But they’re the news for pete’s sake ... they are supposed to check for errors before airtime.

MSM is the most manipulative tool out there and has become much similar to bad reality shows.

edit on 29-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hey, Trump is an idiot. That isn't grounds for impeachment. That is grounds for uncontrollable laughter segueing into fits of hysterical crying and horrifying seizures.

You guys elected an idiot into the White House. Of course you must defend your idiotic choice! When I chose "_____" over chocolate, I had to defend my choice to the death. There's no middle ground in the Thunderdome.

Trump is racist from way back. He's a terrible businessman who is constantly going bankrupt. Yet he has apprentices who venerate him. He's a character who makes me feel icky.

I no longer watch TV. I rent DVDs at my local library and catch up on old TV series from the 90s and early 2000s. I'm tired of hearing/seeing the Idiocracy of Trump.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Actually alot of things has said in the past have e been inaccurate and sometimes ignorant especially at the beginning of his term.

So there you have it, we are willing to agree he can as any human or president be wrong.

Tthe reason many defend every little thing is not to support Trump but to counter the Anti Trump establishments narrative.

You ask why his support defends every little thing but I ask you why his opposition attacks every little thing about him?

I have yet to hear one reason that was based off anything other than media pushed Trump hate.
"He lies"
"He's Hitler"
"He's the devil"
"He's a buffoon"
"He's stupid"

Over and over.
Maybe you wouldn't hear so many defend him, if everyone else would stop screaming and whining about him day in and day out for the last two years.

When will the left stop obsessing over someone else's life like a dangerously obsessed JOHN LENNON fan?

Like seriously get a life guys. He's been prez for two years and in that time I have read maybe 3 tweets.

There's a life waiting for you out there, in that bright sunny sunlight. People and children are playing!
Theatres are having plays!
New movies every month at the Cinema!
And much more!

Get a life of your own, instead of critizing in the most psycho way someone else's that you don't actually know!

Cause it doesn't take a Fruedian Analyst to see what's wrong with your obsession

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
if you have two boxers fighting in a ring, you don't grab a bullhorn and announce the guy you bet on has a glass jaw and a weak left hook.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's called blind faith, even the Christians do it...
A serial adulterer and failed businessman and yet they think the sun shines out of his *$£%. Zealotry bordering on mindless Thralls, even in the face of his previous sordid activities.

Don't get me wrong even I used adultery as a tool for revenge on my whore of an ex-wife but here's the big difference, I wouldn't assume leadership and tell others what they can and can't say about my activities of the past. A good leader would rise above it but as I've said in the past, he isn't a good leader. I myself would not have even tried to take such a position... I have a very good moral compass and a hefty amount of common sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im thinking about this since the flag coloring thread.

let me first say this is a non news story.

he either messed up and does not know the colors which is good for a laugh and thats it.
or he is just having fun with the kids which is good for him and thats it.

i personally think he really does not know the colors. i am open to being wrong though.

he could just be having fun and getting his Pollock on.
i dont know

but my question is to his supporters.
why must you defend absolutely everything?

people do make mistakes. they say things wrong. they mess up. it happens.

ive yet to see any of the trump supporters on here ever admit anything like him making a mistake.

the thread about you need ID to buy groceries. 30 pages or so of defense really.

maybe he mis spoke. maybe he lied.

again, i think he lied but i could be wrong.

not a single trump supporter in that 30 page thread was even open to the possibility of a mis speak.
it was pages of defense though.

he meant this. he meant that. he meant he meant.

now this dumb flag thing.

he could just be having fun. he could really not know.
both are possible.

5 pages in as of now and not a single trump supporter even open to the idea that yeah, he just dont know.

him not knowing does not mean impeach. it does not mean triggered. it does not mean he is unfit.

it just means he does not know the colors and lets have a nice laugh and get past it.

to those that support him how come you can never say he is wrong? better yet how come you can not even say it is possible he is wrong?

i have yet to see it

thanks

Hell maybe he doesn’t know - that’s entiret possible. I’m not too worried about it either way.

That said, this is pot-calling-the-kettle-black thread. You think Obama supporters didn’t do the exact same thing? Of course they did. Libs aren’t exactly known for their introspection (see post 2016 ongoing election meltdown).

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
Libs aren’t exactly known for their introspection.

I was Republican long before I wasn't. A 40+ year Chrisitian Republican.

My frst online political forum started in 1999.

The Right is far more agressive and vicious in their attacks then the Left.

The Right is like a steam roller never looking sideways. It's their way or the highway.

I began moving further Left - - not wanting to be anything like them.

That's almost 20 years of online political forum experience.

It's still the same - - from my experience.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

except for the alarm clocks that keep buzzing and ringing

💥😃💥

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

except for the alarm clocks that keep buzzing and ringing

💥😃💥

OK . . . . ?

My posts are straight forward. I'm not prone to emotion fueled or fantasy.

My real experience stands.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My brother (one year older) is the same personality as Trump. Also a Trump supporter, no surprise.

I grew up with it. I was in awe of him and felt inferior when younger.

Interesting thing about Narcissists is they are very insecure and thinned skinned.

But, also, I'm an independent personality. It drove my brother crazy that he could not manipulate or control me.

So, I've already been down the "Trump Road".

I'm not impressed.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The book is due out when?

🔑🚬

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The book is due out when?

🔑🚬

Lets just reflect that remark back on you.

It makes more sense with your excessive history of threads/thread titles.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You are relating your personal experience as a negative against Trump based on personality similarities. Further, you are conflating Trump's personality with his agenda/work he's doing to fix this country

The thing you should know about Trump voters is that we don't subscribe to the "cult of personality" nonsense many like to theorize about. Instead, it is about net benefits for the country and the ever important job of upholding our unalienable rights and holding the government accountable to the BOR (two distinct Constitutional concepts)

No one is perfect, Trump is not exempt. But government's job is to uphold our rights not win popularity contests or show who has the biggest heart/most compassionate ideals. Government will do a worse job at upholding our rights if they are occupied with non-government functions. So as long as Trump continues to support and defend the Constitution while advancing the cause of individual liberty he will be judged an unmitigated success

We aren't judging him based on scandal or rumor, or whether or not he gets standing ovations from Hollywood big names. He is being judged on job performance only

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

You are relating your personal experience as a negative against Trump based on personality similarities. Further, you are conflating Trump's personality with his agenda/work he's doing to fix this country

The thing you should know about Trump voters is that we don't subscribe to the "cult of personality" nonsense many like to theorize about. Instead, it is about net benefits for the country and the ever important job of upholding our unalienable rights and holding the government accountable to the BOR (two distinct Constitutional concepts)

No one is perfect, Trump is not exempt. But government's job is to uphold our rights not win popularity contests or show who has the biggest heart/most compassionate ideals. Government will do a worse job at upholding our rights if they are occupied with non-government functions. So as long as Trump continues to support and defend the Constitution while advancing the cause of individual liberty he will be judged an unmitigated success

We aren't judging him based on scandal or rumor, or whether or not he gets standing ovations from Hollywood big names. He is being judged on job performance only

And what are you doing?

Job performance? What job performance?

Eliminate everything and everyone you don't like?

Drop a bunch of pool balls on a table. Something's gonna hit a pocket. But, there was no real plan. No follow-up plan.

Just random chaos. And playing to his audience.

Trump said, from his TV show, he watches his audience to see what they respond to.

Great way to run a country -- NOT!

edit on 30-8-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I answered your question in my post already

I am judging this President based on his job performance not a bunch of predictable divisive wedge/fringe issues designed to further divide the electorate.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I answered your question in my post already

I am judging this President based on his job performance not a bunch of predictable divisive wedge/fringe issues designed to further divide the electorate.

So, am I.

Hollywood is about money. If you think Hollywood is liberal, think again.

Voting citizens with money and a platform come in all flavors.

Actors are voting citizens.

So is Ted Nugent

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

More like eliminate everything that is hurting the country and everyone who is criminal. In that light, yes. Get rid of them. That's good job performance. Personal like and dislike has nothing to do with it.

Some day you will realize that.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Love ya

But, I think Trump is incompetent.

He does not make thought out plans -- you know the kind with a beginning - middle - and end.

He's a narcissist reactionary.

And don't tell me I hate Trump. Emotion has nothing to do with it.

edit on 30-8-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

More like eliminate everything that is hurting the country and everyone who is criminal. In that light, yes. Get rid of them. That's good job performance. Personal like and dislike has nothing to do with it.

Some day you will realize that.

TheRedneck

I am not particularly Liberal. "That which is not earned has no value".

However, I see a "whole" -- not "My back/front porch".

Lot's of desert for tent cities to accommodate adults not willing to pull their share. With a "step-up" program to earn your way out.

Tax break for a single child. No more.

Self contained "Boy's Town" type orphanages for kids who's parents aren't being parents.

Now you're probably gonna tell me that's too much government.

Can't have it both ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join