It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Falsify My Claim: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: UKTruth

It would not be a question of landing on a gas giant then but in it. I have no idea if Jupiter has a rocky core but if it does then I would have thought that the atmospheric pressure would present some pretty sizeable problems.

Well, that would be like saying that you can't land on Earth. You do have to pass through an atmosphere to do so.
Physically it is possible to land on Jupiter (if you had a craft that could make it through the liquid hydrogen to the rock/ice core) or indeed land on the liquid hydrogen.
I think it true that humans don't have the technology to land on Jupiter, but it's not true to say it's not possible because it's a gas giant - that is assuming, of course, that science is correct in their current model of Jupiter's structure.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Yes - but I didn't say it was not possible, just a bit problematic.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Badams
a reply to: FossilLin

Zero evidence for your downright ridiculous and insane theories.

Ghosts on mars?
Humans “landing” on Jupiter?
Humans building geological formations?

You have to be the biggest troll on the website at the moment.

Say what again? Humans landed on Jupiter??? How the hell can the OP claim that you can land on a gas giant?
No, wait, don't ask, just pass the Advil.

Why would it not be possible to land on Jupiter?
From a technology point of view fair enough, It's highly unlikely for even a probe or at least very difficult as of now, but Jupiter likely has a rocky core - bigger than Earth - so it's not impossible to land on a gas giant.

Erm, I don't think that you understand what is being asked here. The atmosphere above the core - if there even is one - would bake/crush anything before it got anywhere near the centre of the planet. Here's a useful article I found on it. Please note the temperatures involved.

From a technology perspective, it's not possible - as far as we know.
But that limitation is not because Jupiter is a gas giant, it is simply because we don't have the technology to withstand the temperatures and pressures yet.
In the scheme of things, I think it will be a relative blink of an eye before a probe lands on Jupiter.

Good place to keep updated on the Juno mission
www.nasa.gov...

..and more on the structure
www.missionjuno.swri.edu...
edit on 30/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Correct, very problematic. Technically not possible, but physically possible because a gas giant is not all gas.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
landing on jupiter = easy - SURVIVING landing on jupiter , thats the challenge

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Correct, very problematic. Technically not possible, but physically possible because a gas giant is not all gas.

I’ve actually seen a cool idea of a “reverse flame” jet engine to operate in the Venutian atmosphere carrying oxidizer instead of fuel and burning the atmosphere in the jet with an oxidizer hence the name your just swapping your fuel and oxidizer source. Don’t think the idea will ever become a thing but it’s a very cool thought project anyway....
ETA- I think our partially off topic banter has raised the overall IQ of this thread substantially!
edit on 8/30/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

I’ve actually seen a cool idea of a “reverse flame” jet engine to operate in the Venutian atmosphere carrying oxidizer instead of fuel and burning the atmosphere in the jet with an oxidizer hence the name your just swapping your fuel and oxidizer source. Don’t think the idea will ever become a thing but it’s a very cool thought project anyway....
ETA- I think our partially off topic banter has raised the overall IQ of this thread substantially!

I like NASAs explanation of the pressure at the core - like 1,000 elephants standing on a stiletto heel.

Now, thanks to the Juno spacecraft, planetary scientists have been given a tantalising glimpse at the gas giant's deepest secrets. Below whirling jet streams, 3,000 kilometres deep, lies a dense, rotating core of liquid hydrogen and helium. Under such crushing pressures, atoms are torn apart, and the fluid core acts like a solid mass.

When you think that the Galileo Descent Probe only made it about 150km down into the atmosphere, we do have some work to do to get to the core

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My fiance' and I are going to Mull in October for my birthday and we have planned a trip to Staffa to look at fingals cave

I have looked into the possibility of man made structures , and I found a website which discusses the possibility and the man puts forward a theory on the island of staffa itself.

However , given that the earth can make crystal formations like Pyrite cubes and many other precious mineral stones form cubes and geometric shapes , earth / nature can make these formations , Geometry is in nature , where do you think we learned how to make those shapes in the first place ?

The honeycomb , basalt rock , Pyrite cubes, Quartz crystal rods etc , they all form nice geometric shapes and patterns.

Humans derive all we know from nature so anything which looks man made , is simply because there is an analogue in nature

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
here is a nice paper on Basaltic Volcano systems

basaltic volcano systems

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It's a fantastic place - spent a lot of time on Mull and on the neighbouring mainland

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Aye its mental , I have so much traditional scots myth and folklore everywhere around me in Scotland , and I think in the whole 36 years I've lived here , I have only seen about 10% of the total of Scotland .
Mostly the Trossachs and the cities , some highlands but not any of the islands , apart from Inchcolmb island .

I've been reading a lot about the celts and druids , and that all of the early christian sites in Scotland, Wales , England and Ireland were repurposed by the early christians and removed the pagan sites and built churches, so all of the christian holy sites are actually pagan celtic sites.
( it is my belief that the romans invented christ to destroy paganism - a theory for another thread perhaps)

Mull , having so many myths , one of the best ones is Mckinnons cave on the main Island of Mull .
Fingals table is a large slab of rock supposedly deep inside the cave , and this was an old christian hermit site, and so would also have been a druid site.

I wanted to spend time on Mull , go around and visit the celtic sites , visit McKinnons cave , find Fingals table , and then goto staffa and visit Fingals Cave!

edit on 30-8-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Ots not possible because of the pressures involved. The pressure grows so high that you end up with liquid metallic Hydrogen. So effectively you have metal preventing you from going any deeper into jupiters atmosphere.

edit on 8/30/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

With current technology.
Also, it's physically possible to land on liquid.
So far we've managed to make it about 150km into Jupiter's atmosphere (Galileo Descent Probe). As mentioned, in comparative terms, it will be a blink of an eye before we've 'landed' on Jupiter - I suspect for some form of mining. You and I will be long gone by then.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Scientist Produced Cracks From "Basalt Column".
Last edited on Aug. 31, 2018

Photo shows six cracks produced from six samples (black) taken from "basalt columns" from Iceland. Green arrow points to a slope in the "horizontal crack". These irregular cracks demonstrate that cracks (fractures) did not produce "basalt columns". Compare the six cracks with cracks in
The vertical black samples are 8 inches long.
Image source: Figure 1C in www.readcube.com/articles/supplement?doi=10.1038%2Fs41467...
The image source is a supplement to a Nature article in www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-03842-4.epdf?author_ac...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

To repeat, Jupiter is not all gas. To repeat, humans LANDED on Jupiter many times. We may do it again.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

No Cracks Can Produce These Long, Flat Surfaces.

Above photo shows "basalt columns" in Russia. Note the long and flat surfaces of the columns. Common sense tells me no cracks (fractures) can produce such flat surfaces. Then why do geologists keep saying the columns were naturally formed by cracks in basalt that cooled from volcanic lava/magma/ash? Answer: Many "basalt columns" are millions of years old. If they were formed/produced by humans, then the theory of evolution would be completely falsified.
Image source: the 16th photo in eugene.kaspersky.com/2014/09/08/kuril-islands-vacations-k...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ah, so there we go, it's about falsifying evolution. Knew there had to be an angle here.
And here I was preparing a discussion on "define human." Because Finn McCool, who built the Giant's Causeway in Irish mythos, was supposed to be a giant, who hurled mountains around all that. So he couldn't be precisely classed as human in the general sense of things. Oh those gods and heros of ancient times... But now it's just about evolution, when it could have gone to some much more interesting places. I'm disappointed.

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin

To repeat, Jupiter is not all gas. To repeat, humans LANDED on Jupiter many times. We may do it again.

Erm, did you even read the sources cited? And where is your proof that humans got anywhere near the liquid centre of Jupiter, let alone the solid core (if that even exists)?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

"Erm, did you even read the sources cited?"
I read the supplement to the article in the journal Nature Communication. And I made a discovery (published in wretchfossil.blogspot.com... ),
which many researchers may not have noticed:

Scientists Produced Cracks of "Basalt Column".
Last edited on Aug. 31, 2018

Photo shows six cracks produced on six samples (black) taken from "basalt columns" in Iceland. Green arrow points to a slope in the "horizontal crack". These irregularly shaped cracks demonstrate that cracks (fractures) did not produce "basalt columns".
Compare the six cracks with so-called cracks in
1) www.flickr.com...
2) www.flickr.com...
3) wretchfossil.blogspot.com/2015/01/scientists-failed-to-re...
The narrowest black samples are 8 inches long.
Image source: Figure 1C in www.readcube.com/articles/supplement?doi=10.1038%2Fs41467...
The image source is a supplement to a Nature article in www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-03842-4.epdf?author_ac...

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

The angular crack simply proves it has cracked in a different manor than the rest, it doesn’t back up your ridiculous theories in any way. Please go and rethink your theories before you present anything more to a community of people who can think critically. Your entire blog lacks critical thinking; no, rational thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join