It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Fracture Characterisation A comprehensive fracture characterisation involves mapping, measuring and documenting a number of parameters including the following:
1. Type of fracture and its infilling (whether open or filled).
2. Association of fracture with particular lithology, structure (fault, fold or no structure), deformation history (age), and present (in-situ) stress field.
3. Systematic rock fractures often develop in one or more fracture sets. It is important to map and quantify these fracture sets and work out their relative ages.
4. Attitude of fractures include strike (with respect to North) and dip angle (from 0° horizontal to 90° vertical) and direction (dip direction is always perpendicular to strike direction). These data can be displayed on stereographic equal-area plots. Fracture strike trends can also be plotted on a rose diagram or a histogram.
5. Fracture length indicates the lateral persistence of the structure. Trace lengths of 20m are very high persistence fractures.
originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: FossilLin
Sorry dude , cant see your flickr photos because of security settings at work
can you upload them to your ATS account and link them that way ?
I still will have to disagree with you because the facts speak for themselves
why wont you admit you are wrong and just accept that your theory is false
and once more when you get evidence which debunks your theory , you change the goal posts
you said lines which intersect at 90 degrees I provided evidence from a doctor of Geology , then you changed it AGAIN!
No evidence is no evidence. From beginning to now, no evidence against my claim at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Words, diagrams and theory are not evidence.
No one can falsify my claim that humans constructed basalt columns on Earth and on Mars. The claim is detailed at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
originally posted by: FossilLin
No one can falsify my claim that humans constructed basalt columns on Earth and on Mars.
The claim is detailed at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Here, have some scientific evidence