It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Falsify My Claim: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

Sorry, update to that post:

Why Ancient Humans Constructed Basalt Columns

Many people, including me, think basalt columns were made by human beings (note 1). However, basalt columns were not 100% made by humans. Humans used high technology and laws of nature to construct them. The material may have originated from nature. This GigaPan: www.gigapan.com...
shows that basalt columns at Coal Canyon, Nevada, are tall and wide, but not very thick. The big picture shows nature did not form basalt columns. It suggests the basalt columns were constructed to protect land from falling. At other places, basalt columns were possibly part of waterfront construction.

Note1:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Humans POSSIBLY molded the vertical basalt columns, but the molding was not ordinary molding. The production of basalt columns at Coal Canyon (for example) POSSIBLY included natural law of physics. Bottom line: I am not a scientist.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hey I kind of went off on one with all those posts

But i have to respectfully disagree, that the evidence weighs heavily towards natural formation , whilst It does look like they were manufactured due to their geometric uniform shapes because we humans like to think like that , anything geometric must be man made !
See every post on "mars rocks" being alien bases or ufo bases etc
every single straight edge on mars , someone thinks its man made or aliens

if there was soil erosion due to loss of habitat , such as deforestation , humans wouldnt bother to prevent the soil from erosion they'd simply move sites!
It would be highly illogical to make these formations , the sheer amount of time and energy required is beyond anything we humans can muster .

I fail to see how these can be made by anyone accept lava flow !

and as for waterfront construction, yes they were constructed by lava , and water !

and this is where I have to end the discussion because the evidence clearly weighs in favour of natural formation.

High technology and laws of nature ?

Care to elaborate on that , where is this high technology , what laws of nature did they use ?

There are huge holes in your theory , for a start there were no humans on earth 60 million years ago , the fossil record is pretty solid on that one !

There is no evidence of any high technology , you are really clutching at straws with this theory of yours , and that is why , there are so very few people who actually adhere to that theory!
when the evidence mounts in favour of natural formation!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Possibly is different from actually!

Why do you think they were man made though , just because they are uniform in size , shape , pattern etc ?
what other evidence do you have to make you think that , that is what I cant understand
out of all the rocks on earth , these ones are man made , simply because of their geometry!

that's why I asked you if you think that Quartz crystals are man made , as they make the exact same shapes as basalt in columns .

There is zero evidence to suggest humans were even alive in the Eocene Epoch when these were formed according to science !

So how do you account for the lack of Homo Sapiens on earth during that period ?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Numerous minerals have right angles (straight sides meeting one another at 90 degrees). But large rocks do not have right angles, because rocks rarely fracture or erode into right angles. Anyway, I have seen many strange rocks sold in the market. I never saw rocks with right angles (flat sides meeting at 90 degrees).

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I am too old to do any more research. However, my following research results are enough to falsify numerous articles:

Numerous False Beliefs in Science
Last updated on July 10, 2018
In science there are numerous speculations and false beliefs. The following are 11 major false beliefs:
1. Smoking causes cancer.
2. Breastfeeding is unessential.
3. Humans evolved from monkey-like animal.
4. There was no civilization on Earth 300 million years ago.
5. There were no dinosaurs on Earth 20,000 years ago.
6. Dinosaurs went extinct because of meteorite strikes or volcano eruptions.
7. Life originated from non-biological material.
8. There were no civilizations on Mars 3.7 billion years ago.
9. Apollo astronauts brought back rocks from our Moon.
10. E=MC2 is a complete equation.
11. Most asteroids and meteorites are as old as our solar system.

Related Information: wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Please post again the URL of the journal article you posted earlier. There are so many replies here that I cannot find it. Maybe I have read that article.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

How humans made the columns is anyone's guess. Regarding its raw material, geologists say it is basalt. But there was no geology 5000 years ago. When geologists first saw the columns, they mistakenly classified and defined the material as basalt, never thinking it could be man-made material.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin

Numerous minerals have right angles (straight sides meeting one another at 90 degrees). But large rocks do not have right angles, because rocks rarely fracture or erode into right angles. Anyway, I have seen many strange rocks sold in the market. I never saw rocks with right angles (flat sides meeting at 90 degrees).

This actually explains a lot your geology expertise comes from rocks and minerals you’ve seen in a marketplace brilliant I now believe you on everything, yes even the mars ghosts and you being right up there with Christ. Thank you for setting the record straight.

while you’re behind buddy all you’re doing is talking to yourself literally no one is this thread has taken you seriously, I fear you’re not cut out for this outside your single person echo chamber.

ETA- “I am not a scientist.“ captain obvious is obvious!
edit on 9/6/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Just show me a large rock (not pyrite) that has flat surfaces meeting at 90 degrees.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Just show me a large rock (not pyrite) that has flat surfaces meeting at 90 degrees.

Okay here ya go, and apparently you’ve never seen a piece of slate or shale.

goo.gl...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Or sandstone

structuralgeo.wordpress.com...

or limestone

www.flickr.com...

I imagine he's familiar with schist

www.flickr.com...

or did I misread something...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Or sandstone

structuralgeo.wordpress.com...

or limestone

www.flickr.com...

I imagine he's familiar with schist

www.flickr.com...

or did I misread something...

Mein got!!!
He hasn’t replied yet, is it a glimmer of hope or am I not jaded with humanity enough yet?

ETA you know it’s a “great” thread when there’s 12 pages of replies with 9 flags! Quality content

edit on 9/6/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

i never imagined i would be able to slip the term " joint controlled cave " into an ATS thread

but here we are

google it - its a fascinating mechsanism of cave morphology - if you like that sort of thing

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
and at the risk of provoking an answer

the OP holds the delusion that collumular bassalts :

" cannot form naturally "

where do you stop ?

its actually an interesting question - once you declare a particular class of geological structures " impossible "

are any actually natural ??????????????????

cue hitch hikers guide to the galaxy meme - the entire planet was " built " by " them "

of course - that opens an infinite regression loop

oh dear

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I saw all that many, many years ago.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I saw all that many, many years ago.

I’m sure you’ve seen all my savior please excuse my insolence in doubting you.
Seriously though if you’d seen it why ask for natural 90degree angles in macro rocks? What exactly does that do to help your argument? You’re just trying to sound like a slightly better informed kook but either way you’re surely a kook, you’ve provided zero proof for your asinine theory and whenever someone brings up any evidence that you might be wrong it’s irrelevant or ignored? You’ve got a mighty closed mind there my friend. What exactly would the point of these “man made collums” construction? To house thetans from mars? Yes I’m officially putting you on a LRH level of insanity.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

In order to reply to you, please show me ONE, not MANY, rock that you think falsifies me. Do not use photos in Pinterist or any site that requires log in.

edit on 7-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

In order to reply to you, please show me ONE, not MANY, rock that you think falsifies me. Do not use photos in Pinterist or any site that requires log in.

No sir I’m done indulging your fantasies go back to your site and work on your other whack job theories, you’re not willing to accept any reality but the one you’ve constructed for yourself. You sir are a special specimen, if you can’t propose a viable use I don’t see why I should waste anymore time trying to do the very thing you asked for in your OP.

I’m sure there’s a Robert Downey Jr. Tropic Thunder meme that very much applies to your thought process.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

You failed my test.
To give you and anyone seeing this reply an idea of what a proper evidence against my claim should be, the proper photo should include:
1. Source. Credible source with detailed description of the photo. Without source, it would not be possible to verify the credibility of the photo.
2. Resolution: The photo must be big and have high resolution so that details can be seen clearly.
3. Rock's flat surfaces: The flat surfaces must be really flat, large, not just a small portion of the rock's sides.
4. Right angle: The rocks FLAT sides must meet each other at 90 degrees or nearly 90 degrees.
If no one can provide such a photo, then no one can falsify my claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join