It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Falsify My Claim: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nature Cannot Produce Unique “Basalt Columns”.

Basalt columns have unique morphology that can be formed by humans only:

1. Many basalt columns have vertical sides that meet in right angles. Evidence:
nationalparksadventure.com...
yosemiteme.files.wordpress.com...
2. Many basalt columns have flat bottoms that meet their vertical sides in right angles. Evidence:
www.flickr.com...
wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

For comparison with the above evidence, see the morphology of rocks, igneous rocks and sedimentary rocks:
www.google.com.tw... 6009.0.28068.11.9.0.0.0.0.61.351.7.7.0....0...1c.1.64.img..5.6.304.0...0.wW3lBqODvMk
www.google.com.tw... i30k1l4j0i30k1l5.244842.247075.0.250636.8.8.0.0.0.0.129.477.7j1.8.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.8.473...0i10k1.0.vkGWItJ1Etw
www.google.com.tw... g.3..0j0i30k1l9.77713.80024.0.82741.14.7.0.0.0.0.61.318.6.6.0....0...1c.1.64.img..12.2.106.0...0.dFABRE3gnEk

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

Bored with Basalt now. Please tell us about those violent Martian ghosts of yours. It will probably make more sense than your weird theories/beliefs about rocks.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Basalt columns were not 100% made by man. Man used laws of nature to construct them. The material might also originate from nature. The GigaPan Coal Canyon (www.gigapan.com...) demonstrates that basalt columns are wide and tall, but not thick. It suggests the basalt columns were constructed to protect land from falling from erosion, etc. At other places, basalt columns were likely part of waterfront construction.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I did not say just straight lines. See wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Life other than humans cannot make basalt columns.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

1. Basalt columns on Mars were constructed like these columns in Yellowstone National Park: www.flickr.com...
NASA scientists thought the Martian columns were like those at Devils Tower. I think they are more like those in the first link.
2. Brilliant mankind may discover in 100 years how to produce basalt columns.
3. Many people, not just the man you mentioned, thought basalt columns were made by humans.
4. Nature without life (geological processes) cannot produce basalt columns. Bees or dinosaurs cannot produce basalt columns.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Geologists themselves have ZERO evidence that basalt columns were formed by cracks.
You have ZERO evidence against my claim.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

"have you examined any basalt columns personally to make such a claim? "
Yes, I have. Several years ago, my sister and I were in a campus. She asked me to sit on a stone. At that time I did not know what stone it was, but I examined it closely and had my suspicion that it was man-made. After research, I found it was called basalt column.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

So your geological hands-on experience of examining basalt consists of having once sat on a rock that you did not know what it was?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin

1. Basalt columns on Mars were constructed like these columns in Yellowstone National Park: www.flickr.com...
NASA scientists thought the Martian columns were like those at Devils Tower. I think they are more like those in the first link.
2. Brilliant mankind may discover in 100 years how to produce basalt columns.
3. Many people, not just the man you mentioned, thought basalt columns were made by humans.
4. Nature without life (geological processes) cannot produce basalt columns. Bees or dinosaurs cannot produce basalt columns.

Please seek help now. You are quite correct on one thing, bees and dinosaurs indeed cannot produce basalt columns. Volcanoes and other igneous intrusions produce them.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

One more time , as I think you havent got it !

HOW do you propose humans made basalt columns

, never mind how humans were alive millions of years ago on the planet during the eocene epoch
edit on 6-9-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

and why did the alledged constructors make every collum unique ? [ they are all slightly different dimmensions // shapes ]

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You say they are formed by humans but not 100%

but then you dont tell us how they made them ?

either because you dont know how , or that its impossible , or that you havent made it up yet !

One minute you say they are man made , then the next you say not 100% by humans

which is it ?

When do you think these basalt columns formed ?

because based on the currently held geological research they were formed 60 million years ago

at that time , there is no record of any human fossils found during the Eocene epoch!

Just while we are here, what do you think of the hexagonal storm system at the poles of the Saturn
is that man made as well ?

I just find it convenient you have a theory on basalt column formation and your best evidence for your theory which I find lacking , points to evidence which cant be directly investigated as its on mars .

And the culmination of your research on basalt rocks , was you sat on one once, and you thought it so smooth as not to be created by natural processes.
Instead you thought man made ! but not 100% man made

You say they were made by molds ! and poured liquid basalt into the molds ?

what did they use for the molds ? which could stop molten basalt ?
how did they liquify the basalt to pour it ? Where is the evidence of the tools used ?

there are so many more questions which just make it so far fetched as not to be even real , or worthwhile ?

You also assert that the bottoms couldnt be so flat, so natural erosion wont make flat surfaces , smooth and shiny ?

yet you post pictures of links to other rocks which all show different forms of weathering.
All the stones you post which have been water weathered are all smooth

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Oh I beg to differ, the journal I posted on cooling in molten basaltic lava explains the exact process we are discussing

which I think you have probably ignored since it directly contradicts your theory that they are man made !

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

If you are so adamant that they are man made , go and research them all yourself, get a degree in geology and then make it your lifes work to prove they are man made and not natural

I wont hold my breath .

I mean your whole "made by humans" theory , rests on the observation that they are too straight or too geometric to have possibly been naturally made !
or that they are too shiny or smooth or flat !

Yet you disregard the well understood fact of erosion and weathering in rocks , also the formation of rocks themselves
you are just disregarding a well understood , well documented subject because it flies in the face of your own theory , which you have only made up just so you can get some traffic on your blog , which you so desperately want recognition for , hence the reason you came to ATS to spam the forums and suck in conspiracy crowd for yet more traffic with your Click bait title !
Yet you hadnt bargained on the other ATS members who dont swallow bull# so easily!

Your theory lacks so much work , it makes it unbelievable. You said that they humans who made them created molds and poured liquid basalt into the molds , and then shaped them after they cooled.

Yet what is the point in making a mold unique for every column , absolute waste of time, the whole purpose of a mold , is to create uniformity !

This is where you theory falls to pieces, because no two columns are the same !

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
are quartz crystals man made as well ?

since they are too straight and too geometrically shaped to be natural ?

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
3. No one ever saw volcanic lava/magma/ash form "basalt columns" (Google searched).

right because the only examples on earth formed over 60 million years ago , when humanity wasnt even here !

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I notice you say a lot on your blog " nature cannot do that"
yet you have failed to provide any evidence to support that statement
when there is plenty of experimental evidence which shows nature can

You say nature cant crack horizontally .

Have you ever seen a piece of coal ?

Honestly its like you just ignore nature completely because it proves your theory is absolute rubbish!

You say basalt columns hang in the sky , nature cannot do that as its not supported by earth, yet it has cooled and formed as one cohesive unit
stuck together by physical processes and adhesion
Rocks are pretty good at hanging in mad positions and gravity defying ways !

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Just to point out once more that the fossil records show no examples of early humans

just extremely small mammals

The Eocene is the second of five epochs in the Tertiary Period — the second of three epochs in the Paleogene — and lasted from about 55.8 to 33.9 million years ago.* The oldest known fossils of most of the modern orders of mammals appear in a brief period during the early Eocene and all were small, under 10 kg. Both groups of modern ungulates, Artiodactyla and Perissodactyla, became prevalent mammals at this time, due to a major radiation between Europe and North America.

Eocene Epoch

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
In fact do you know what this whole theory of yours reminds me of !

Neptunism , but the difference between neptunism and your theory is that neptunism at least has a basis in reality !

and finally Columnar jointing is not unique to Basalt flow !
it happens in the other types of volcanic rock

Also columnar jointing isnt always uniform like the type you see at devils rock or giants causeway or fingals cave , many columnar basalt formations are bending twisting formations
throwing out you theory once again . Or was it just the basalt formations that are super straight that humans made not 100% but close to it

the columns werent even made by man !

they were made by giants, fingal to be precise

Anyway jokes aside ! I dont want you to get annoyed by this discussion , but the evidence clearly weighs in on the side of natural formation!

Also Shield volcanos are basalt volcanoes
so here is a link to the list of all active shield volcanoes , I dont think we will need to wait too long to see a new basalt column formation !
At least in our lifetime

list of shield volcanoes

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Found this neat little article on science daily

the physicists have taken a stab at it and found the same is true of other materials

starch in this instance

science daily - mystery of hexagonal formations in basalt

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join