It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Falsify My Claim: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

And you have provided no evidence, never mind anything approaching extraordinary.

As for smear campaign, you brought yourself here - no-one went looking for you.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

It's a fact that some people see no evidence in wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
edit on 3-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Sorry, I update my above post as follows:

Assessing Important Claims about Life on Mars:

Gil Levin has not changed his claim about currently living microbes on Mars. No one can disprove his claim. His claim may or may not be correct (note 1).

David McKay's team has not changed their claims about microbes in meteorite ALH84001. No one can disprove any of the four lines of evidence presented in their original article. However, the team's interpretation of the evidences as finding "the shape of a microbe" is incorrect. The shape is that of a muscle fibril.

Richard Hoover never changes his claims about microbes in meteorites. I think the dead microbes originated from Mars.

The science community does not accept any of above claims. But the no-life camp is retreating. "I think the consensus is shifting more into the direction that the extraordinary claim would be that 'Mars is and was always lifeless," he added,...(note 2).

One of my claims is about civilization on Mars. See wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

Note 1: see www.space.com...
Note 2: quoted from the 24th paragraph in the above link.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Sorry, let me update my above reply as follows:

Cracking Cannot Explain Basalt Columns:

This year the journal Nature Communication has an article entitled “Disclosing the temperature of columnar jointing in lava” (note 1). The article’s first sentence reads: “Columnar joints form by cracking due to cooling-driven contraction of igneous rocks 1, which results in tensile failure 2.”. That sentence refers to another article (note 2) about "basalt finger". The author of the second article suspects that there were "basalt fingers" similar to "salt fingers". Anyhow, the two kinds of "fingers" have no mechanism to produce basalt columns' flat surfaces, smooth bottoms, etc.

Geologists use one mechanism (cracking) to speculate about the formation of a million different basalt columns. The speculation was falsified in
wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Only humans can coordinate various mechanisms to build vastly different basalt columns.

Note 1: www.nature.com...
Note 2: www.cambridge.org...
e dit on 3-9-2018 by FossilLin because: to fix link

(post by AdmireTheDistance removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Basalt Columns at Different Places Have Different "Cracks":

Basalt columns at Giant's Causeway have horizontal "cracks" in the shapes of ball and socket (note 1).
Basalt columns at Devils Tower and Devil's Postpile have no or few horizontal cracks (note 2).
Basalt columns at Garni Gorge, Republic of Armenia, have horizontal striations extruded from within the columns (note 3).
Basalt columns at Svartifoss, Iceland, have both horizontal cracks and horizontal striations extruded from within the columns (note 4).
Basalt columns have no vertical cracks that formed the columns.

Note 1: see www.flickr.com...
Note 2: see wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Note 3: see www.flickr.com...
Note 4: see wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

See also: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars at wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The columns were actually artificially constructed with high technology, which is seen in little space between the columns. Many of such man-made columns were built 50 million years ago (see wretchfossil.blogspot.tw/2014/12/giants-causeway-was-made...), thus disproving the theory of evolution.

Your ill-informed ideas about geology disprove evolution now too? Amazing.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

well my friend until you provide experimental evidence of how the columns form by your theoretical processes I am inclined to take their evidence with more weight than your theory and lack of evidence and experimentation!

If you think they form differently then provide some experimental data to back it up until then your theory is nothing but speculation !

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Geologists themselves cannot provide any experimental evidence of how the columns form from cracks. Why do you believe their speculation?
Many people and I don't need experiments to know they are not natural rocks. My post is not theory. It's full of evidence: wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Read it again.

posted on Sep, 4 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Many people and I don't need experiments to know they are not natural rocks.

Yes, it seems you don't even need an practical research.

Have you done any?

have you examined any basalt columns personally to make such a claim?

My post is not theory.

Yes, this is what I and others have been saying.

Its just random speculation about a number of out there things you have in your head.

It's full of evidence: wretchfossil.blogspot.com... Read it again.

Quite a few have read it.

has it changed since the last time you posted a link just a few post back?

If not then most have had a look and given you their opinion.

That being there is no evidence to support your wild claims.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
@FossilLin
After accidentally following the link to that junk website you keep linking to, I saw:

Over 90% of chronic diseases are caused by patients' mental sins. Those sins attract devils or dark energy to influence patients' physical health.

That pretty much summed up everything I needed to know about your understanding of the natural world.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

You missed the bit about Earth being attacked by violent Martian ghosts:

Serious Warning: Nations Will Fall From Mars One

Totally deranged and utterly bonkers.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I was away to say , I haven't seen the member in the flat earth theory thread yet !

but this really takes the biscuit , ghosts on mars etc , jesus on mars

and they think sins cause disease!

They keep posting links to their blog , only for traffic no doubt, and also keeps saying about evidence of man made structures in basalt, yet provides no evidence of how they were made by man !

Just , they were made by man and evolution is wrong!

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Like I said, bonkers. Cannot be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

This is the sort of thing that concerns me: people who make up these insane theories about already well known, well proven, well evidenced facts and publish horsesh*t on the internet as though that makes it true.

Of course, ATS invites alternative thinking and ideas, I have no issue with that. It's when stupid, ill-educated people can convince other ignorant or ill-educated people of untruths and then that somehow becomes a socially accepted or 'normal' way of arguing against an already existing body of evidence.

"Evidence' being the operative word.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Most Igneous Rocks Don't Have 30-Meter-Long Flat Sides.

Some people may think natural rocks can have straight, long and flat sides. That may be possible in sedimentary rocks. But basalt columns are not sedimentary rocks. Geologists claim they were made of basalt (note 1), an igneous rock that comes from volcanic lava. However, most igneous rocks are shaped totally different from "basalt columns". Most igneous rocks don't have 30-meter-long flat sides. "Basalt columns" often stand straight and measure up to 30 meters tall. Most importantly, their vertical sides are often flat. Nature alone cannot form such basalt. See all the evidence in wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

Note 1: “Using basalts from Eyjafjallajökull volcano (Iceland) we show that contraction during cooling induces stress build-up below the solidus temperature (980 °C), resulting in localised macroscopic failure between 890 and 840 °C.” (quoted from article abstract at www.nature.com... )
edit on 5-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Of course the only evidence which the OP sites to make his theory is that the basalt columns in question are on Mars !

have they been out to any of the basalt formations and looked at them directly ?
have they taken their own studies to determine how they were made by man , the ones here on earth !

as far as I am aware , all they have done is make a wild assertion that they are man made because the evidence shows geometric shapes / symmetry , which is of course completely outwith the possibility of ever happening through natural occurrence , yet somehow the OP continues to ignore that Nature is extremely good at producing hard straight lines and geometric patterns without any human intervention.

As I have said before , nature informed us of geometry , not the other way around , and please once more , explain how man made these columns , using what exactly ?

you just make a claim and then say " man made " BOOM , MIC DROP walks away !

no supporting evidence other than basalt columns have smooth edges and crack cant form columns etc
lava doesnt do this itself, it was made by man!

Ok HOW

If you cant show me how MAN done it, I can show you how natural processes like erosion makes things nice n shiny and smooth !

if its so #ing obvious that Man made these columns, where are the rest of the people who claim this , backing you up with hard evidence , cus you know that's how science works in a objective based world !
Or am I to take it that everyone in science is all in on this big hoax , to deceive you sitting online
I bet they are rolling around right now laughin THEY GOT YA !

Oh right , the only other mention of basalt rock being man made was from a journal written by a man visiting the Isle of Staffa many decades ago , and even then it was a passing thought .

I cant take this seriously when you say they are man made then offer no evidence to back it up , other than images you say show they are too straight to be natural , it just cant be , nothing in nature makes straight lines , nothing !

if you truly think nature cant do this , then you need to look harder and longer and dont let your mind run off , just observe and record , the answer will pop out at you soon enough !

Nature has all the answers we need sitting right under our noses , you just have to look long and hard enough and not make any judgements !

edit on 5-9-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I think your whole arguement rests on the you saying that nature cant make straight lines!

well I think you will find that even those basalt columns are not perfect straight lines
however they do appear to the naked eye as extremely straight with small deviations !

And you think nature cant make straight lines as straight as the basalt columns then clearly you haven't spent much time in nature

Plants form all kinds of amazing straight lines and often in perfect symmetry

animals have all sorts of straight lines from the microscopic scale the to very large !

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You cannot argue against bonkers. There is no point of contact between the extended and the unextended.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Columnar Jointing

Some nice diagrams explaining the jointing here as well

AS you can see close up the columns are all not perfect straight lines and the hexagons are not near perfect like the hexagons found in beehives

also check out these excellent giga pans

Coal Canyon

How long did it take for man to make this group of columns ?

you will notice in that first link , its not only basalt that forms columns but other igneous volcanic rocks as well!

you will also notice that the hexagon shapes formed are not uniform in size
they vary drastically !

if they were indeed man made , what would be the point in varying the size of the hexagons , as this would undoubtedly take a significant length of time to complete than if they were uniform!

however , I am looking forward to your answer as to how "man" made these formations

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join