It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Falsify My Claim: Humans Built “Basalt Columns” on Earth and on Mars?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Geologists have no evidences WHATSOEVER that ooids were formed without life.
Geologists have no evidences WHATSOEVER that basalt columns were formed without life.
Geologists have no evidences WHATSOEVER that neuron-shaped particles were formed without life.
The list goes on and on.
Lack of evidence needs no falsification.

edit on 1-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

" Basalt rocks do not contain millions of rock forming minerals. They contain a small number of minerals in large quantities. There is a difference. Your 1 in a trillion chance is firstly a figure plucked out of thin air and secondly not the same as impossible."
Sorry, I misspoke. Let me speak in another way, correctly or wrongly, but the conclusion is the same. There are 40,000 basalt columns at the Giant's Causeway alone. There are over 1 million basalt columns in the world, containing at least 1 billion crystals of minerals. There are one trillion ways for the minerals' crystals to form rocks. Maybe one way out of the one trillion ways could form the vertical flat surfaces on millions of basalt columns.
Geologists always SPECULATE about molds that form such and other extraordinary shapes. But what environment provided the molds for forming basalt columns? Only humans, not nature, could have provided the molds for forming the structures.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The No. 1 mistake made by humans, including me, scientists, and every human being, is to use limitedness to INCLUDE infinity. That's like sitting in a well to study the sky. That's like the blind men groping the elephant and argue forever about the results. Empirical science is not the only science in the world. Experts (doctors, professors) are limited and biased in their mind, their knowledge. You cannot repent, PERIOD.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The following is the abstract of the article "Disclosing the temperature of columnar jointing in
lavas". (displayed at www.nature.com... )

Note that there is not a shred of evidence (in the abstract) that shows cooling forms basalt columns. Note especially the first sentence. It is a BLIND belief, not supported by any evidence anywhere in the world, period. If anyone has evidence, show it or write it clearly.

"Columnar joints form by cracking during cooling-induced contraction of lava, allowing hydrothermal fluid circulation. A lack of direct observations of their formation has led to
ambiguity about the temperature window of jointing and its impact on fluid flow. Here we
develop a novel thermo-mechanical experiment to disclose the temperature of columnar
jointing in lavas. Using basalts from Eyjafjallajökull volcano (Iceland) we show that contraction
during cooling induces stress build-up below the solidus temperature (980 °C),
resulting in localised macroscopic failure between 890 and 840 °C. This temperature window
for incipient columnar jointing is supported by modelling informed by mechanical testing and
thermal expansivity measurements. We demonstrate that columnar jointing takes place well
within the solid state of volcanic rocks, and is followed by a nonlinear increase in system
permeability of

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

Those experiments, publication of the article and propaganda press stories, cost a lot of money. The authors did not talk about the failures of those experiments. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I thought I'd seen some really bat guano threads on this site in my time, but this one takes the cake. OP is either as mental as they come, or a highly skilled, pro troll (considering OP's in an Asian country, that's actually not too far fetched as of late)

When the self-admitted fringe rejects you, you've failed, period. Troll or basket case, you failed.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Sorry, I did not answer directly to what you wrote in the post. Here is the direct answer: Concerning the formation of basalt columns, all of what you wrote in the post is not mentioned in geology textbooks, not recognized by any textbook as the mechanism for forming basalt columns.
By the way, I did see many strange stones in the market, including huge cubic natural pyrites. No one will say basalt columns were formed by crystalization. Whatever, speculation is no evidence.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Jesus' death on the cross was applauded by many people. Jesus did not succeed before being nailed.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

The team had a hypothesis that basalt columns cracked due to cooling under pressure. They used the hypothesis to predict how and where columns would crack. Then they hit the lab to test it.

What they did was take samples of uncracked Icelandic basalt columns into the lab at Liverpool University. They then applied mechanical pressure and heated them up to the temperature where they are almost molten. So far this was to replicate the temperatures of the rock in lava. Recreating the pressures was difficult because they aren't even and they aren't simply up and down. The stresses have all that pressure from underneath pushing up and all the water (or atmosphere) pressing down. They also have stresses from the sides because of tectonic forces, gravity and the Earth's motion.

They recreated it all and demonstrated that, yes, basalt columns crack under such stresses when the rock is cooling down.

Your approach is quite different to theirs because you skipped the evidence part and went directly to conclusion. It's ironic that you accuse them of 'blind faith' when you didn't read past the abstract and felt able to dismiss them.

I wonder what pressures and temperatures cause a head to crack when it's buried up to its neck in sand?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you for your explanation. I did not care how the team produced the cracks. What I cared was the cracks produced (wretchfossil.blogspot.com... ). Those six cracks are all different from one another. Some of the cracks are not horizontal. Most of the cracks are ordinary, irregularly-shaped cracks. Those cracks cannot produce any real basalt columns, let alone those in Devils Tower, Devil's Postpile, in www.flickr.com...
Nothing has falsified my post wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
ANYWAY, numerous real basalt columns have no horizontal or vertical cracks. NONE.
Production of cracks is far, far from production of the columns.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin

Jesus' death on the cross was applauded by many people. Jesus did not succeed before being nailed.

Well sir you just sealed the deal you’re not a troll you have some serious issues, as such this will be my last post in this thread, and if at all possible any thread by you. Seek help before you go trying to convince the world of your delusions, crazy isn’t a good look for most.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Falsified Once and For All: Natural Basalt Columns

wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Photo shows so called natural basalt columns at Devil's Postpile in California, USA.
Seven red arrows point to columns that have no horizontal or vertical cracks (fractures) at all. See the columns clearly in the original photo:
www.flickr.com...

Geology textbooks and geologists believe that basalt columns were formed by horizontal cracks in basalt that had cooled from volcanic lava/magma/ash.
Since there is no crack in the basalt columns, the columns could not have formed from cracking in basalt or in volcanic lava/magma/ash. As there is no other natural way (mechanism) by which the basalt columns could have formed, the basalt columns should have been formed by humans as evidenced in wretchfossil.blogspot.com...
Image source: yosemiteme.files.wordpress.com...
edit on 1-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

(post by AdmireTheDistance removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

You misunderstood me. Jesus is my lord. Think again.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ah, this explains a lot. You also have failed vulcanology 101.
Please go away and seek help.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Geologists have no evidences WHATSOEVER that ooids were formed without life.
Geologists have no evidences WHATSOEVER that basalt columns were formed without life.
Geologists have no evidences WHATSOEVER that neuron-shaped particles were formed without life.
The list goes on and on.
Lack of evidence needs no falsification.

Dude, why can't you just accept that you've dedicated 10+ years of your life to a dead end, pick yourself up and move on. You're being totally delusional at this point and no matter what you you are going to hear or read that proves that you are so completely wrong about EVERYTHING you just won't let it penetrate.

This is pretty much it. You either realise it now and get on with dedicating your energy to something worthwhile, or you'll stick to your guns and waste the rest of your life chasing something you'll never achieve.

Do the right thing. If not for your own sanity, do it for the sake of the sanity of the rest of the posters in this thread.

Come on man. Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Smear campaign.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You said I did not read the article www.nature.com...
In fact, I read the first sentence of the article: "Columnar joints form by cracking due to cooling-driven contraction of igneous rocks1, which results in tensile failure2."
That sentence refers to this article: "‘Basalt fingers’ – origin of columnar joints?" (in www.cambridge.org... )
However, the "salt finger" may not be the same as "basalt finger". Even if they are the same. salt finger and basalt finger do not produce basalt columns' flat vertical sides, flat and smooth bottoms, horizontal cracks of the shapes of ball and socket.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Smear campaign.

DOH

You got us. The jig is up.

Our most sincere apologies for your condition

We all hope you get better soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Gil Levin has not changed his claim (about currently living microbes on Mars). No one can disprove his claim. His claim may or may not be correct.

David McKay's team has not changed their claims about microbes in meteorite ALH84001. No one can disprove any of the four original lines of evidence presented in their original article. However, the team's interpretation of the evidences as finding "microbe" (rather than "muscle myofibril") IS incorrect.

Richard Hoover never changes his claims about remains of microbes in meteorites. It's difficult to exclude the possibility that the microbes were from Earth. But I agree with Richard Hoover.

The science community does not accept their claims at all. But the no-life camp is on the run, retreating. "I think the consensus is shifting more into the direction that the extraordinary claim would be that 'Mars is and was always lifeless,'" he added, referring to astronomer Carl Sagan's famous saying that "extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence." (quoted from the 24th paragraph in www.space.com... )

One of my claims is about Martian civilization inferred from man-made basalt columns on Mars.
edit on 2-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2018 by FossilLin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join