It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raquel Welch You just can't make this stuff up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Raquel had her run in the 60's, a goddess to many, an actress to the rest. Raquel Welch (born Jo Raquel Tejada; September 5, 1940) is an American actress and singer.

She first won attention for her role in Fantastic Voyage (1966), after which she won a contract with 20th Century Fox. They lent her contract to a British studio, for whom she made One Million Years B.C. (1966). She had only three lines in the film, yet images of her in the doe-skin bikini which she wore became best-selling posters that turned her into a celebrity sex symbol. She later starred in notable films including Bedazzled (1967), Bandolero! (1968), 100 Rifles (1969) and Myra Breckinridge (1970). She made several television variety specials

This obscure diddy might inspire a few smiles or headshakes ... www.youtube.com...

The easy part.... she had no lines in this Epic uh.... short.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

That was interesting -- thanks for posting!

But wow.... This brings back memories! When I was in junior high, the kids who made honor roll were given an "assembly" to watch 10 Million BC... twice a year for three years we saw this movie!!! I laughed at it then and would probably laugh at it still today.

But it got us out of classes for an afternoon twice a year -- so no complaints

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I wouldn't have cared what she said, I was to busy looking at her, umm, boots. Same with Linda Carter as Wonder Woman, Just mute the TV and enjoy.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Huge jiggly-bits?

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Absolutely no drugs at all involved with the creation and execution of that dance scene.

Interesting though, guy on the left didn't dance very well. I'm guessing he was filling in or something that day.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It looks like she was decades ahead of Beyonce'!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Some crazy stuff was made back then! Brigitte Bardot had this groovy masterpiece -

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
She had only three lines in the film, yet images of her in the doe-skin bikini which she wore became best-selling posters that turned her into a celebrity sex symbol.

Yep, the perfect woman.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Absolutely worship the ground Raquel walks on hubba hubba at any age

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I would go full cave-man on that one.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Absolutely no drugs at all involved with the creation and execution of that dance scene.

Interesting though, guy on the left didn't dance very well. I'm guessing he was filling in or something that day.

Note the point of the camera angle. The men are dressed, the whole culture to objectify Women started with TV viewing. Watch anything enough and it seems normal.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Amazing she is still very hot for her age. When I was fourteen I had her poster in my room. There was something about that fur bikini.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That poster was pivotal in helping Andy escape from Shawshank.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I heard she walks without moving her arms...

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I heard she walks without moving her arms...

A common misconception. When she walks no one looks at her arms.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

How about Bo Derek in cornrow hairdo in "10" on a beach in a bathing suit? BOOM! Instant fame...

top topics

join