It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has full control of Gulf, U.S. Navy does not belong there

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: BigDave-AR

There is rather a magnitude of a difference between merely protesting and actively responding or supporting Iran should they be invaded by the US.

To be honest i dont really imagine thermonuclear Armageddon is ever on the cards but a limited exchange in the Middle East is not beyond the realm of possibility should it all indeed go breasts up.

That little wall through, apparently its really important else why all the kerfuffle?

It not even in Iran nether, crazy bastards the whole shower of them, us and them. LoL

Limited exchanges between superpowers tend to go sideways in a hurry, all it takes is one incident too far and the whole card house tumbles. I’d rather not take the risk personally.
edit on 8/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Damn you autocorrect!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Mate, we don't invent upgrade our nuclear arsenals for no reason.

Now there are dial a yield nuclear bombs on the scene someone is apt to want to play with fire and their new toys.

I'd rather not take the risk also but look at the world stage and who is on it, the futures bright, the futures Orange, he would do it in a heartbeat and be stupid enough to think he would get away with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Mate, we don't invent upgrade our nuclear arsenals for no reason.

Now there are dial a yield nuclear bombs on the scene someone is apt to want to play with fire and their new toys.

I'd rather not take the risk also but look at the world stage and who is on it, the futures bright, the futures Orange, he would do it in a heartbeat and be stupid enough to think he would get away with it.

Umm that upgrade was just to the delivery system not the warhead itself we’ve had dial-a-yield since long before I was born. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s a nuclear exchange which will get returned in kind with a one up and back and forth until you have all the big toys in play it ain’t pretty. Don’t kid yourself into thinking there can be a limited nuclear exchange in the real world.

ETA- the added political snark wasn’t necessary.
edit on 8/28/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Umm, the added political snark is after all POTUS. LoL

He will play his part, should it go south, can't ignore the fact, as unfortunately Trump exists and don't like foreigners that much, especially brown Muslim ones that want the same toys we have.

Unfortunately, politics are a fact of life.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Well , they Do Not have Control over International Shipping Lanes . It would be an Act of War if they Tried that ......

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: missed_gear

Exactly, pure bluster.

But should it ever really turn nasty dont expect China and Russia to sit on the sidelines in the same manner as Gulf War I & II, because it simply won't happen in this day of age, not with the rest of the crap and problems associated with the Middle East.

Plus Iran aint Iraq, different terrain and geography, occupation and/or boots on the ground will be fiercely contended. It won't be a cake walk, that's a given.

China would be the first member of the new coalition if Iran closed the Straits. Russia would probably enjoy the higher energy prices.

That said Iran could make a mess of the world's economy in a hurry. Nothing about fighting Iran would be easy. There's a lot of bluster in these threads.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

At some point, we will learn to play nice......at some point.

There is a lot of bluster everywhere these days.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It's international water and shipping lane. If Iran wants to play "You Sank My Battleship"? They should actually try and do it and not just talk about it.
I'm positive the US. Coast Guard could handle their "Navy".

It's not a big deal. Only suites on Wall Street would/will panic over any minor annoyance Iran's boats could cause.

edit on 28-8-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

The oil futures guys would use it to make a fortune.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Of coarse! Wouldn't you? Merica!

Other than the cells Iran has strategically placed in "welcoming" countries. They have no real capable military "outreach program". Israel would be a target for their CBMs. Maybe S.A. a target too. But they're intelligent enough to know that'd be suicide.

Iran's like North Korea. Brave, boastful and 1970'ish in battle doctrine. Not saying they're to be disregarded. Just not worth getting excited about.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Dbl

edit on 28-8-2018 by missed_gear because: Damn phone

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Iran, should push come to shove, will not be a ground war; definitely not an "Iraq" scenario.

China and India both have chided Iran months ago just mentioning the closure of the Straight and causing further destabilization of the region.

Russia can Ill afford involving itself in the conflict and most likely only seek a way to prosper from higher oil prices and arms sales. Iran would not be a "near" conflict for Russia. Her ability to project force is already near limits; adding her economy sits just a bit greater than Italy.

Iran breaching maritime laws with force against the US and/her allies will cause a loss of their entire navy, maritime and shore installations, critical internal support infrastructure, all air command and an international rebuke all of which financially Iran won't recover from for decades. A risk, I doubt they will take.

Bluster to notch up oil prices even temporarily because they need the funds (as I stated before); the blame game is usually Iran's next move.

Mg

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Bluster to notch up oil prices seems to be the general feeling.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree whole heartedly.

Iran's sphere of influence grew once an "agreement" was made, combined with a huge cash inflow (huge to their economy) and Syria let them inside..."agreement" fell apart.

Coinciding with the new Syria pact to aid to Syria by Iran needs cash, and Iran currently has not enough to spread around. Ergo, get a bump in oil from an old tactic burned-out by them concerning the Straight. Iran hides completely behind proxies, has no ability in force projection and now runs it's mouth as if some cares.

I'm not sure how they will hold together internally...it will be interesting to watch.

What I find curious, not much has happened/mentioned (markets did not move in significance) at all about their announcement. Just a fart in a blizzard.

Mg

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheJesuit

Iran is in control of the Gulf of Mexico???

I bet Florida, Texas, Nebraska and the rest of the Gulf states aren't very happy about this.

Iran belongs in the Gulf of Mexico like the US belongs in the Persian Gulf.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I bet Florida, Texas, Nebraska and the rest of the Gulf states aren't very happy about this.

Nothing like going down to the Nebraska beach on the gulf and dining on local caught shrimp.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join