It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you call the black South African governement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

If the world hates you, you should realize that it hated me before you. 19If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as one of its own. But because you do not belong to the world and I have chosen you out of it,f the world hates you. 20Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21They will do all these things to you on account of my name, because they do not know the one who sent me.
John 15: 18-21

Because that is the way of things.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Affirmative Action has also kept my husband, a part Native American male, from getting a job. See? He looks like a standard white male and was adopted and raised by standard white Americans. He's never traded on his heritage to gain advantage because he wasn't raised to it in any way.

But when it came time in the public sector to decide between him and another woman and all things were equal, *she* got the job because ... minority status for her. Wonder how the stack might have fallen out had he used his own status?

But doesn't it seem a shame that something superficial like that gender and ethnicity can make or break you? Considering at the time we lived in an apartment with one working drain and another drain with sewer that backed up into it, no health insurance and I had chronic migraine, you can well imagine the bitterness of losing because he didn't have the right gender and skin in this day and age.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

For instance, Affirmative Action to me, a Cherokee woman, has meant that I can get a job that a white male can't if they were better qualified at the job than I am, in the public sector.

As a native American descent myself , I do not see the advantage of hiring a native american person over a non native who is more qualified. Thats literally racist.

And im half

If a company is willing to hire me on my nationality over my qualification, im going to question the morals and viability of that company.

Full stop.

In short, no there is no positive racism

~sigh~.. OK then.

Go to a powwow dressed as a white person. As an added bonus, try to join the 49 party after.

Go to the same powwow next year in tribal dress.

Come back and tell me if you were not treated by the people there more positively when you were in tribal dress.

That is what I meant... the reactions of other people will be more negative or positive based on who they think you are.

Can't explain it any more simply.

That is all I meant about there being positive or negative racism.

As an Indian, you can be treated like crap by people of all different colors.

As an Indian, some people put you on a pedestal and think you have some kind of hidden knowledge because of the color of your skin.

If you don't get my point it's OK.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

common sense isnt a common thing anymore, to say the very least

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

www.census.gov... would be pretty hard for 6.6 million people to try to pull that off here with what the us population is as a whole and historically with very few exceptions war between the tribes and usa has not ended well for the tribes even though as most displaced people go they at least got reservations(ranging from somewhat decent to holy crap how do they live here quality wise ) of their own vs having to integrate into the general population fully

now in south Africa it is far from the case with 41 million of the population being black vs the minority white poulation at 4.5 million out of a total of roughly 51 million en.wikipedia.org...

www.forbes.com...

article covering the topic , thing is i see china moving in though as they have been expanding elsewhere into Africa for years now ,can provide security for new government and put a stall in most international responses so even if their crops start to fail like Zimbabwe they can prop it up for gain in resources and foothold at the bottom of the continent

www.straitstimes.com...

South African President Cyril Ramaphosa on Tuesday (July 24) announced that China would invest US$14 billion in the country after he held talks with President Xi Jinping in Pretoria on the eve of a multilateral summit. Ramaphosa came to power in February pledging to revive the economy and attract investors after Jacob Zuma was ousted from office at the end of a nine-year reign dominated by graft scandals, low economic growth and record unemployment. "We have signed several agreements and memorandums of understanding that are intended to further deepen our relations, including investment commitments to the value of US$14 billion," Ramaphosa said, standing beside Xi. "Bilateral trade has not reached its potential," Ramaphosa adding, saying the investment would focus on infrastructure, agriculture and technology. Xi arrived in South Africa ahead of a summit of Brics emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa - starting on Wednesday. "China... and will take active measures to expand imports from South Africa so as to support the government," Xi said.
and any possible international response or say trump wanting to stop it would have to deal with the china part of the equation

www.theguardian.com...

How did China get involved in developing an African metropolis that westerners tend to associate with famine and death? And this is just one project among many across the continent. In 2014 alone, China signed more than £56bn in construction contracts across Africa. Since the turn of the century, Chinese firms have built stadiums, highways, airports, schools, hospitals and, in Angola, an entire city that still stands empty. China has pumped hundreds of billions of dollars into African governments and infrastructure. In return, it has reaped hundreds of billions in commodities. Few in Africa are certain that there is fair quid pro quo at play here. Is this the dawn of a new colonialism, they wonder, a new scramble for Africa in which the continent is once again left in tatters? Or is it the beginning of an era during which Africans shake off old colonial masters and look elsewhere for direct investment and aid? The Light Railway goes some way to answering these questions. The project dates back to December 2011 when the idea for a 34.25km electrified light railway secured funds from Exim Bank of China. Construction for the 39-station project began in 2013 and the metro opened in September 2015, well ahead of schedule. The line has cost $475m, 85% of which was loaned by Chinese policy banks or enterprises. The project was a collaboration between CREC and the Ethiopian Railways Corporation, the junior partner, while the Shenzen Metro Group and CREC will serve as operations managers for the next five years until a planned handover to the local rail authorities.

www.newsweek.com...

China and South Africa have moved to expand their military ties as recent comments from President Donald Trump were met with outrage in Pretoria. As Trump tweeted Thursday that he had asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo "to closely study the South Africa land and farm seizures and expropriations and the large scale killing of farmers," Major General Shao Yuanming, the deputy chief of staff of the Chinese Central Military Commission Joint Staff Department, co-chaired a meeting Thursday with South African military chief General Solly Shoke in Beijing. In the latest sign of Chinese outreach to a continent often overshadowed in U.S. policy, the two military leaders signaled greater cooperation in regional and global security issues. "The two sides exchanged views on issues of common concern including the security situation in Asia-Pacific and Africa, national defense and army building in China and South Africa, as well as bilateral military exchanges and cooperation," according to the official Chinese Military Online.
so it seems china picked a side already

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I go to powows all the time, sometimes dressed in normal dress, sometimes to partake in the festivities in traditional dress and be a part of them.

I have notice no difference in how I am treated.

To the rest of your point, traditional activities that require certain dress and others are a totally different subject.

That has nothing to do with hiring practice based off your race.

its a completely different premise.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Affirmative Action has also kept my husband, a part Native American male, from getting a job. See? He looks like a standard white male and was adopted and raised by standard white Americans. He's never traded on his heritage to gain advantage because he wasn't raised to it in any way.

But when it came time in the public sector to decide between him and another woman and all things were equal, *she* got the job because ... minority status for her. Wonder how the stack might have fallen out had he used his own status?

But doesn't it seem a shame that something superficial like that gender and ethnicity can make or break you? Considering at the time we lived in an apartment with one working drain and another drain with sewer that backed up into it, no health insurance and I had chronic migraine, you can well imagine the bitterness of losing because he didn't have the right gender and skin in this day and age.

I never fill out my forms as Native American. I think the whole idea of getting up in life because of a skin color makes no sense whatsoever. I am opposed to that institution. It needs changed.

What else needs changed is the government thinking I need a leg up because I have a vagina.

I would like to compete based on my merits and skills, thank you very much.

A government that picks and chooses winners and losers based on race and sex is inherently racist and sexist.

So I agree... it needs to be fixed.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I go to powows all the time, sometimes dressed in normal dress, sometimes to partake in the festivities in traditional dress and be a part of them.

To the rest of your point, traditional activities that require certain dress and others are a totally different subject.

Ever been to a 49?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Ever been to a 49?

For the Kiowa? I thought you were cherokee?

I mean i know youre method is trying to test if im telling the truth or not to try and reinforce your comments but come on.

Lets have some intellectual honesty

A lot of us have been, its a gathering for most.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Ever been to a 49?

I mean i know youre method is trying to test if im telling the truth or not to try and reinforce your comments but come on.

I was just asking if you've been to one... it isn't dependent on the tribe

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Ever been to a 49?

I was just asking if you've been to one... it isn't dependent on the tribe

Well seeing as how my mother, and that side of the family came directly off the rez, you tell me? I always love when people do this to try and justify their positions.

Please, please tell me about my culture and racism. And how much more you know about it than I do, whats your percentage?

You literally just said Racism is ok if it benefits you, via the fact YOU could get a job that a more qualified person COULDNT because of your bloodline.

That is NOT positive in any way shape or form

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So you don't know what it even is but you powwow a lot.

Got to be careful of online people... just saying.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Pardon? who said I didnt know what it was?

Nice assumption, indeed gotta be careful of those online people, like I said, my moms side came directly off the rez, you wont answer, whats your percentage

Im well aware of what it is, but it has no bearing on the accusations youre leveling and the fact that you think some racism is GOOD because it benefits you to the detriment of someone else of another race , who is more qualified than you.

That is of no credit to Native peoples or anyone else.

The fact that youre trying to discredit my heritage right off the bat is very telling. lol just ridiculous

Just FYI my family came off the rez in oklahoma where we were allocated to, Comanche

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I call them poop butts and ninkom poops

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Can you please fill me in on what a “49” is. I have only been to one powwow and I was just a little lad. I barely remember it. I do kinda remember I and a lot of other kids playing this fun game in the dirt but I can’t remember the premise of the game. I assume you probably know what game it is that the kids play.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If the white leave the land will be reduced to a desert.
I will find the article but it comes down to a mindset linked to the language which has no term for thefuture. No future no preventative maintanace examp!e well pumps stop working no water move onto the next well that pump fails and so on.
Will post the link later.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

Racist bigots.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Guise, you're making it sound like this South Africa place is one of those #holes I keep hearing about.

Welp, it can only get mo'retarded from here on out, guess I shall keep watching from the sidelines, feel sorry for you crackers over there.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"What do you call the black South African government" ?

Only slightly less starving than the population.. kids and vultures, Dark days ahead.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
What do you call the black government and it’s followers in South Africa?

Politicians and followers...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join