It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump Not Allowed At McCain Funeral - GOOD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This coming from the same liberals that shredded him when he ran for president LOL

link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

One has to wonder what you would say or disclose yourself if ever in a similar situation?

I mean i pretty much guarantee i could get you to tell me whatever i wish within the first few minutes with only a steam iron and cigarette lighter.

Whether or not it would be the truth is neither here nor there, because after a few rinse and repeats your story would have changed anyway.

Torcher is for the torturer, the truth is very little actionable intel is rarely gleaned from such debauchery.

edit on 26-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Pearj

- President Donald Trump was reportedly not invited to John McCain's funeral
- It was reported in May that McCain told his inner circle that vice president Mike Pence could attend the funeral, but president Trump was not allowed
- Sources cited Trump and McCain's bitter feud as the reason Trump was snubbed

To be fair, CNN is only "confirming" that this has been reported... all reports I've found are based on anonymous sources. It may very well be true -- wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were true. (Although I expect Melania would still be invited... if only to put an exclamation point on Trumps deliberate exclusion). But neither McCain himself nor the family has ever stated this or confirmed this.

I'm not trying to nitpick; I just think it's important for us all to pay attention to what is "reported" and what is "confirmed" as a guiding principle these days... too much disinfo and fake news to do otherwise.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
If i were trump i would do some type of apology for the comment about war heroes.

There are spiritual forces at play.

I agree on both counts.

It's times like these we'll learn to love again.

I think our individual choices are being counted.

I'm not 100% - but I have a feeling the loudest amongst us don't have a choice, as though they're here to sway; operating on primal instinct alone.

I hope I'm wrong... I can't imagine what that world would be like.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

It is usually polite to wait until they are in the ground before telling unheard truths.

I fully understand what you are saying but it does not serve us well at this time to be truthful to that extent.

If anything those that know can take a sigh of relief as we all say goodbye.

No matter what are personal views are on people right now many people are passing on.

Seems like the last couple years have taken a large amount of stars...

eta

fools rejoice when enemies die

edit on 26-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think most people understood what trump was trying to say,which is why it didn’t stick, but it did make me cringe and was a huge insult to every POW.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: DBCowboy

This coming from the same liberals that shredded him when he ran for president LOL

They can't even see their own hypocrisy when the only reason they laud the man was because he hated Trump!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not everyone is cut out for it, nothing for you to be ashamed of. Most people would sing

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

i bet hes happy getting out of that around of golf any one

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Neither do I. I'm not even a tongue-waggling supporter of the military, but even I have my mockery limits, that limit is POWs. It's not a pair of shoes the vast majority of people will EVER be in, so it's wholly unwise & lowbrow to critique or mock their time as POWs.

I agree. I can disagree with McCain's politics and positions and still respect what he endured as a POW. No one will know just what all he went through, or what long-term effects it had or damage it did. As the son of two admirals, he got [I]special[/I] treatment.

Of course, that hell probably also prepared him for the blood sport we call politics. McCain gave as good as he got. RIP.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Not most people all people as human nature is what it is.

Saying you would not break is simple bravado really.

Everyone has a breaking point, everyone.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is not the time for this discussion. You will not like it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Kharron
What a complete lack of class some of our members are showing. And the lack of empathy displayed is concerning.

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

Of the dead, say nothing but good.

It is in Latin, to show how long this has been a cultural adage.

McCains dying wish that Trump not be present at his funeral is just as classy, get off your high horse, how many ATS threads about McCains death require official mourning etiquette? Why don't you read the title of the thread again, particularly the last word and muse upon the connotations thereof vis-a-vis 'classy'....

You keep digging that hole deeper and deeper and none of our extended hands will reach you.

It's your choice, but there was a time when having class meant something. We're obviously past those times.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: norhoc

Not most people all people as human nature is what it is.

Saying you would not break is simple bravado really.

Everyone has a breaking point, everyone.

Torcher is for the torturer, the truth is very little actionable intel is rarely gleaned from such debauchery.

So which is it then? Is torture valid, or is it not?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I am glad Trump is banned, it would have been weird to go. Trump would have had to fake his condolences making him fake like the news.

link   
I respect McCain for his strong opinions. I hardly ever agreed with his opinions... Even this banning of Trump, I just think it is to get the lefty press to speak good about him after his death.

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
When McCain ran for president, the left called him a racist white supremacist.

So why would Trump go to a funeral of a racist white supremacist?

Might also ask why so many on the left are proud to honor a racist white supremacist.

Look at the replies on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's tweet on John McCain by her own supporters....

Its an eye opener

Read the comments...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not bravado, just fact. plenty of people have been pow and been tortured and not broke. So you can't say all humans

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Depends why you are doing so i imagine.

But for the purpose of information extraction, its apparently not the great.

As to the validity of torcher, well that's a matter of morality is it not?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: MysticPearl
When McCain ran for president, the left called him a racist white supremacist.

So why would Trump go to a funeral of a racist white supremacist?

Might also ask why so many on the left are proud to honor a racist white supremacist.

Look at the replies on Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's tweet on John McCain by her own supporters....

Its an eye opener

Read the comments...

I hate the gooks, and I always will

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join