It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump Not Allowed At McCain Funeral - GOOD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
What a complete lack of class some of our members are showing. And the lack of empathy displayed is concerning.

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

Of the dead, say nothing but good.

It is in Latin, to show how long this has been a cultural adage.

McCains dying wish that Trump not be present at his funeral is just as classy, get off your high horse, how many ATS threads about McCains death require official mourning etiquette? Why don't you read the title of the thread again, particularly the last word and muse upon the connotations thereof vis-a-vis 'classy'....

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Nyiah

"Put to the sword" is too archiac of terminology for you, well pardon my poor attempt to euphamise, McCain saw to it that over one million people (including hundreds of thousands of babies & children) were bomb splattered into mud puddles, shot in the head, chemically attacked, bombarded with Depleted Uranium weapons, imprisoned, TORTURED, and so on.

But gawd forbid we vent about it on the Internet, he's was Obama's Senate "whip" after all how dare we challenge his legacy.

Apologies! Bring me a belt and I'll self-immolate for it.

Jesus H Christ, I said mocking his POW time was uncouth, not his political record. Shred that all you want, just don't go Full Retard and say you prefer soldiers who don't get captured and be all smug about it like you won first prize.

I wouldnt dare make that joke. My jokes are always way better and pure classy.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

McCain started the fake Steele dossier. I wouldn't go to his funeral.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
What a complete lack of class some of our members are showing. And the lack of empathy displayed is concerning.

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

Of the dead, say nothing but good.

It is in Latin, to show how long this has been a cultural adage.

This saying is fine. Caligula approves.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Remember, it was McCain who swung first. He chastised Trump And abandoned his party’s candidate because of politics and public relations. Trump hit back.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

you really do not have a clue as to what you are talking about .

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Didn't he get caught by the enemy?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Did McCain not explicitly state he did not want the Man there?

If Trump has the audacity to turn up uninvited then its rather poor form really.

Simple.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When McCain ran for president, the left called him a racist white supremacist.

So why would Trump go to a funeral of a racist white supremacist?

Might also ask why so many on the left are proud to honor a racist white supremacist.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Being ATS my thoughts and prayers go to the family.

That said I always found it a odd series of events McCain running against Obama and how it seemed a lot of punches were pulled or held back. Then you have McCain's attachment to Obama and his Administration it would seem. Everything I thought about that situation would tie right into this funeral snub. The Bush and Obama thing seems odd and maybe interesting especially after Obamas speeches and Bushs remarks on them.

Even that said it would be hopeful that politics is left at the door here. This is already getting politicized so I highly doubt that.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Fought for his country got shot down during Operation Rolling Thunder over Hanoi and was also tortured apparently.

Trump, on the other hand, had poor feet that day.

edit on 26-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

You must be commended as to showing empathy towards 2 COMPLETE TURDS at least these 2 TURDS share the (R) that way those still STUCK in the 2 Party Paradigm won't be distracted too long....

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If i were trump i would do some type of apology for the comment about war heroes.

There are spiritual forces at play.

edit on 26-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Don't forget warmonger.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Yes why not, he can always claim it to be "Fake News" when he probably mucks it up and ends up being even more insulting.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I feel that it is very disrespectful the way Trump dissed McCain. McCain fought in war as a soldier so that people like Trump could live free.

Disagree with the man all you want but you can't deny his sacrifice(S). McCain deserves to be respected.

originally posted by: angeldoll
The Trump's don't want to be there, and the McCain's don't want him there, so everybody gets what they want.

I am glad however that the McCain's made it public. It highlights that a long standing Republican Senator, and a true patriot, an honest man, feels about this "president' (president bone spurs) after such a short period of his disastrous term.

Good for the McCains. Genuine to the end.

Neither do I. I'm not even a tongue-waggling supporter of the military, but even I have my mockery limits, that limit is POWs. It's not a pair of shoes the vast majority of people will EVER be in, so it's wholly unwise & lowbrow to critique or mock their time as POWs. Trump was a colossal dick to do that.

Neither do I. I'm not even a tongue-waggling supporter of the military, but even I have my mockery limits, that limit is POWs. It's not a pair of shoes the vast majority of people will EVER be in, so it's wholly unwise & lowbrow to critique or mock their time as POWs. Trump was a colossal dick to do that.

Some good responses with the chaff... touching on one of the major points of my OP..

I can't believe trump belittled a vet - let alone a vet that spent 5 years as a POW.

It doesn't matter what you thought about him - he fought for you.

There is absolutely something wrong with the world..

..something is wrong with US.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

JEEZUS H KEERIST!

AS a vet I've been belittled by leftist douche-tards constantly on this effing site but all of a sudden being a vet is an honorable thing because McCain?

GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

For all of you calling McCain a "Hero"......I'll just leave this here.

Instead of just name, rank and serial number.....The information this traitor gave the Viet Cong got many US pilots shot down over Hanoi.

He also indirectly got alot of soldiers killed when he was stationed aboard the Forrestal.

"No, he didn't fire the missile, but was responsible. A missile fired from another plane, striking McCain's aircraft and setting it ablaze. Something made the plane behind McCain fire a rocket, which hit McCain's external center fuel tank, and caused a fire. McCain panicked, and dropped two bombs into the fire. Surviving crewmen of the USS Forrestal and those who investigated the Forrestal fire case reported that McCain deliberately 'wet-started' his A-4E Skyhawk to shake up the guy in the F-4 Phantom behind his plane.

'Wet-starts', done either deliberately (the starter motor switch allowed kerosene to pool in the engine and give a wet start) or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft.'Wet starting' was a common practice among young 'hot-dog' pilots. In McCain's case, the 'wet-start''cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fueltank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb bomb off it's 500 lb rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire."

The more you know.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Just goes to show how petty and partisan mccain is, he talked about working together and coming together then writes his exclusion list as he is dying. Talk about not practicing what you preach.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

I can't believe trump belittled a vet - let alone a vet that spent 5 years as a POW.

I cant believe a person could go thru all of that, then being graced with going home a free man, a hero, and then making a career out of seeing to it that hundreds of thousands also get to be imprisoned, tortured, or blown to bits.

Unless that is they have a heart of darkness and are unfit for public office.

edit on 26-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join