It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump Not Allowed At McCain Funeral - GOOD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Pearj

I feel that it is very disrespectful the way Trump dissed McCain. McCain fought in war as a soldier so that people like Trump could live free.

Disagree with the man all you want but you can't deny his sacrifice(S). McCain deserves to be respected.

McCain was never a “soldier” he was a Sailor, naval aviator to be precise.

Yup, he was a Pogue.

How is a a combat naval aviator a POG? He was a combat pilot for cripes sake! Sure technically he wasn’t a grunt but he was a combat pilot which is good enough for me.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

There's a reason President Trump doesn't want to be there and John knows what that reason is, thus, he doesn't want him there either. Let JM have his 3 funerals and military burial. Let him have his day. As someone said earlier death does not absolve, change facts or errors, nor sanitize...(paraphrasing).

edit on 26-8-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

There's a reason President Trump doesn't want to be there and John knows what that reason is, thus, he doesn't want him there either. Let JM have his 3 funerals and military burial. Let him have his day. As someone said earlier death does not absolve, change facts or errors, nor sanitize...(paraphrasing).

Already got my popcorn ready

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The McCain family don't want Trump there, that's all they had to say to the president. Did they make it public? I don't know the details.

If that's all there is, it's fine. If they tried to make a political point, it isn't fine at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
The McCain family don't want Trump there, that's all they had to say to the president. Did they make it public? I don't know the details.

If that's all there is, it's fine. If they tried to make a political point, it isn't fine at all.

To be fair, it IS CNN reporting, you already know how that goes involving Trump.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Hate to be that girl, but....
I'm going to make some popcorn.

But hey, good for you for being brave and stating your opinion.

Personally, I don't think he was such a good guy.

Neither do I. I'm not even a tongue-waggling supporter of the military, but even I have my mockery limits, that limit is POWs. It's not a pair of shoes the vast majority of people will EVER be in, so it's wholly unwise & lowbrow to critique or mock their time as POWs. Trump was a colossal dick to do that.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Jonjonj

To be fair, it IS CNN reporting, you already know how that goes involving Trump.

Correct. I am just wondering if it was made public for a reason, or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Consider this... www.truthorfiction.com...
Still, I am sympathetic to your feelings.

a reply to: lostbook

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Heh.

Scalise gets shot and "liberals" rage the board for 100 pages shouting how justified the shooter was.

McCain dies a war criminal and "liberals" across the board give him an standing ovation (of the slow clap variety) and a Three-Volley Salute.

If you're going to make the claim, maybe you should start quoting for posterity.
Because I'm not seeing the boot-licking from the left that you are.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

He endured torment, the likes of which the War On Drugs does here to millions of our citizens per year... and then got a cushy career politician immortalized in history gig, which he used to join in on said War On Drugs / Wars Of Drugs, and to work relentlessly for decades in the pursuits of having over one million people put to the sword.

And all it cost him was a bunch of random punks on the Internet calling him out on it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

He endured torment, the likes of which the War On Drugs does here to millions of our citizens per year... and then got a cushy career politician immortalized in history gig, which he used to join in on said War On Drugs / Wars Of Drugs, and to work relentlessly for decades in the pursuits of having over one million people put to the sword.

And all it cost him was a bunch of random punks on the Internet calling him out on it.

"Put to the sword"? Dafuq, can you just speak bluntly instead of poetically? The hell are you referring to?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What a complete lack of class some of our members are showing. And the lack of empathy displayed is concerning.

De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

Of the dead, say nothing but good.

It is in Latin, to show how long this has been a cultural adage.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
look the guy was a rino (republican in name only) and supported every war we had since he was in office and he collaborated with the enemy for better treatment during his time as a POW. a terrible warmonger! and by the way President Trump is not our enemy despite what the left believes

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

"Put to the sword" is too archiac of terminology for you, well pardon my poor attempt to euphamise, McCain saw to it that over one million people (including hundreds of thousands of babies & children) were bomb splattered into mud puddles, shot in the head, chemically attacked, bombarded with Depleted Uranium weapons, imprisoned, TORTURED, and so on.

But gawd forbid we vent about it on the Internet, he's was Obama's Senate "whip" after all how dare we challenge his legacy.

Apologies! Bring me a belt and I'll self-immolate for it.

edit on 26-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

originally posted by: lostbook

I feel that it is very disrespectful the way Trump dissed McCain. McCain fought in war as a soldier so that people like Trump could live free.

Disagree with the man all you want but you can't deny his sacrifice(S). McCain deserves to be respected.

McCain was never a “soldier” he was a Sailor, naval aviator to be precise.

Yup, he was a Pogue.

How is a a combat naval aviator a POG? He was a combat pilot for cripes sake! Sure technically he wasn’t a grunt but he was a combat pilot which is good enough for me.

You were never Infantry...

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
134 Sailors killed on the USS Forestall 168 injured because of him. Ask how their families feel. The incident has been scrubbed pretty clean of his name

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Perhaps you are missing the point.

All the big Progressives will be there... Obama, Bush.

Trump wasn't invited.

Just another indicator that we have someone NOT Progressive running the show right now.

As for the vets on here talking about him being a "pilot", graduating at the bottom of your flight school then crashing 3 aircraft and blowing another one up on an aircraft carrier deck before crashing a 5th into enemy territory, getting captured and then "singing" to your captors isn't exactly what I would call a "pilot", much less a hero.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

link   

"Put to the sword" is too archiac of terminology for you, well pardon my poor attempt to euphamise, McCain saw to it that over one million people (including hundreds of thousands of babies & children) were bomb splattered into mud puddles, shot in the head, chemically attacked, bombarded with Depleted Uranium weapons, imprisoned, TORTURED, and so on.

But gawd forbid we vent about it on the Internet, he's was Obama's Senate "whip" after all how dare we challenge his legacy.

Apologies! Bring me a belt and I'll self-immolate for it.

Jesus H Christ, I said mocking his POW time was uncouth, not his political record. Shred that all you want, just don't go Full Retard and say you prefer soldiers who don't get captured and be all smug about it like you won first prize.

link   

OMG!!!!!!

THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN EVER IN THE WORLD EVER IN THE WORLD!!!

*HEAD EXPLODES*

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*SOBS*

WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join