It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump Not Allowed At McCain Funeral - GOOD

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
CNN is confirming McCain's family does not want trump at McCain's funeral. McCain also made it clear Pence was ok, but trump was not allowed.

I say good..

trump doesn't deserve to attend a hero's funeral.

Donald Trump does NOT pay tribute to John McCain's personal achievements and only offers sympathy to his family, as its claimed the president 'will NOT be invited to the senator's funeral'

- President Donald Trump was reportedly not invited to John McCain's funeral
- It was reported in May that McCain told his inner circle that vice president Mike Pence could attend the funeral, but president Trump was not allowed
- Sources cited Trump and McCain's bitter feud as the reason Trump was snubbed
- Trump and McCain have been in a war-of words for years, dating back to 2015
- Trump launched public attacks on McCain repeatedly, discrediting the senator being a war hero and slamming him for voting against the Affordable Care Act
- McCain has also bashed Trump, namely over his acceptance that Russia did not meddle in the US presidential election and Trump's 'disturbing' behavior
- The senator also wrote about his long-standing feud with Trump in his memoir

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Barack Obama to eulogize John McCain; Trump not invited to funeral

Former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush have been asked to deliver eulogies at Sen. John McCain‘s funeral, according to CBS News.

Details of the funeral are still being mapped out, but Donald Trump is not expected to be among the list of attendees or speakers. That’s hardly surprising. Who could forget when then-presidential candidate Trump infamously proclaimed that McCain, a decorated Vietnam War veteran, well, was not a hero because he was captured and imprisoned by member of the North Vietnamese Army?

The comment sparked widespread condemnation, including from other Republicans, and led McCain, among other reasons, to banish Trump from attending his funeral.

Obama, who won the presidential bid against McCain in 2008, tweeted a statement Saturday that acknowledged their political differences and praised their common ground, saying, “But we shared, for all our differences, a fidelity to something higher—the ideals for which generations of Americans and immigrants alike have fought, marched, and sacrificed.”

thegrio.com...
www.cnn.com...

McCain is a real man - smart and tough as steel, more than willing to sacrifice for his country and with real leadership qualities. There's so many good things to say about him.. As a military man myself I have immense respect for the man. I can't believe trump said he wasn't a hero because he was captured.

trump is a turd - an actual turd, that couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper sack. The only sacrifice trump has made is a cheeseburger without pickles. There is nothing good to say about trump. He's bad for every living thing.

Good for McCain and his family.

I hope as the world watches and morns a hero - trump can be forgotten for a day.

I hope others start to publicly shun the turd.

John McCain is many things... hero is not one of them.

I challenge you to discover why so many people feel the way I do, especially ex-mil folks... and have reams of evidence to back up why they feel that way.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

A funeral un-vitation. That's hardcore

edit on 28-8-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Who cares? It's a dead body. I'm sure Trump will survive. Trump has more important things to do like clean up some of that man's messes.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

McCain was the very opposite of a hero, and he deserves no respect.

What happened to this site!!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Your country is a better place because an old veteran that served your nation, and that died of brain cancer is gone!

Are not all politicians bought and paid for to a fashion?
edit on 28-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

ATS has never really been in the habit of disrespecting heroes that serve there nation.

The majority of us might not like or accept the premise of war nor politics in general but we can recognize Human endeavor when we see it!

Guys dead let him rest in peace.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Washington politics, nevermind politics, in general, are "PURE EVIL".

So he was in similar company me thinks.

Show me a politician that's considered to be purely good?

Do they even exist?

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

originally posted by: Pearj
CNN is confirming McCain's family does not want trump at McCain's funeral. McCain also made it clear Pence was ok, but trump was not allowed.

I say good..

trump doesn't deserve to attend a hero's funeral.

Donald Trump does NOT pay tribute to John McCain's personal achievements and only offers sympathy to his family, as its claimed the president 'will NOT be invited to the senator's funeral'

- President Donald Trump was reportedly not invited to John McCain's funeral
- It was reported in May that McCain told his inner circle that vice president Mike Pence could attend the funeral, but president Trump was not allowed
- Sources cited Trump and McCain's bitter feud as the reason Trump was snubbed
- Trump and McCain have been in a war-of words for years, dating back to 2015
- Trump launched public attacks on McCain repeatedly, discrediting the senator being a war hero and slamming him for voting against the Affordable Care Act
- McCain has also bashed Trump, namely over his acceptance that Russia did not meddle in the US presidential election and Trump's 'disturbing' behavior
- The senator also wrote about his long-standing feud with Trump in his memoir

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Barack Obama to eulogize John McCain; Trump not invited to funeral

Former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush have been asked to deliver eulogies at Sen. John McCain‘s funeral, according to CBS News.

Details of the funeral are still being mapped out, but Donald Trump is not expected to be among the list of attendees or speakers. That’s hardly surprising. Who could forget when then-presidential candidate Trump infamously proclaimed that McCain, a decorated Vietnam War veteran, well, was not a hero because he was captured and imprisoned by member of the North Vietnamese Army?

The comment sparked widespread condemnation, including from other Republicans, and led McCain, among other reasons, to banish Trump from attending his funeral.

Obama, who won the presidential bid against McCain in 2008, tweeted a statement Saturday that acknowledged their political differences and praised their common ground, saying, “But we shared, for all our differences, a fidelity to something higher—the ideals for which generations of Americans and immigrants alike have fought, marched, and sacrificed.”

thegrio.com...
www.cnn.com...

McCain is a real man - smart and tough as steel, more than willing to sacrifice for his country and with real leadership qualities. There's so many good things to say about him.. As a military man myself I have immense respect for the man. I can't believe trump said he wasn't a hero because he was captured.

trump is a turd - an actual turd, that couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper sack. The only sacrifice trump has made is a cheeseburger without pickles. There is nothing good to say about trump. He's bad for every living thing.

Good for McCain and his family.

I hope as the world watches and morns a hero - trump can be forgotten for a day.

I hope others start to publicly shun the turd.

John McCain is many things... hero is not one of them.

I challenge you to discover why so many people feel the way I do, especially ex-mil folks... and have reams of evidence to back up why they feel that way.

Why the hell would anyone be obligated to explain why you "feel the way" you do?

McCain is highly regarded by ex-military folks.
I know a good handful of Iraq and Afghanistan vets and every one were fans of McCain. I had plenty of debates with them during the 08 election.

Apart from anecdotal:
Veterans Solidly Back McCain
news.gallup.com...

Amvets:
Veterans Group Calls Out Trump’s ‘Outrageous’ Response To John McCain’s Death
www.huffingtonpost.com...

American Legion:
""On behalf of The American Legion’s two million wartime veterans, I strongly urge you to make an appropriate presidential proclamation noting Senator McCain’s death and legacy of service to our nation, and that our nation’s flag be half-staffed through his interment,"
www.usatoday.com...

VFW: Veterans of Foreign Wars:
VFW spokesman Joe Davis said in a statement the organization had "asked the White House if the honor of lowering the flag to half-staff could be extended through Senator McCain's interment."

Trump is a disgrace and a coward.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The man was many thing but a Republican is not one of them. Many, many times he was a detriment to the party!

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEUPSIDEDOWN
a reply to: angeldoll

The man was many thing but a Republican is not one of them. Many, many times he was a detriment to the party!

You are confused.

The party in the majority right now are not Republicans. Not morally, not fiscally, not in trade or open economic policy or any other way that matters. They espouse a policy of retreating from the world, picking winners and losers in industry via Tariffs, select Exemptions to those Tariffs for friendly companies, and spending tax payer funds on bailing out farmers hurt by those tariffs (anti-free market) all while passing record breaking spending bills. They are corrupt populist nationalists. They are RINO's.

Anyone think Trump is leader of the Party that cherished Family Values? Fiscal Conservatism? Free Markets? Anti-Corruption?

RINO.
edit on 28-8-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

You are so right! I am sooooo confused, that deciding vote on Obama care was such a Republican thing to do, because obama care is such a fiscally responsible bill. Tariffs are sooooo terrible, leveling the economic playing field thru tariffs is bad? Anti corruption? I take it you havent heard of the Keating 5... I think when you call yourself a Rhino that is what you are, a Rhino, not a Republican, not a Democrat. As far as war hero goes, yes he served in vietnam, as a subpar fighter pilot. Ask the 134 family members that got killed by Mccains actions on the USS Forestal,gee lets see idf this rocket will fire. I think you are confused my friend.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEUPSIDEDOWN
a reply to: soberbacchus

You are so right! I am sooooo confused, that deciding vote on Obama care was such a Republican thing to do, because obama care is such a fiscally responsible bill.

Republicans promised Repeal and REPLACE to the voters.
They shouted it at rallies.
They pledged it a town-halls.
For almost a DECADE!
They PROMISED a replacement all they way up until a month before they attempted to repeal it.

When it came time, THEY FAILED. No Replacement. No ideas. No solutions.

McCain kept his word. He would not Repeal without a Replacement plan.

Tariffs are sooooo terrible, leveling the economic playing field thru tariffs is bad?

Tarriffs aren't "leveling" anything. They are PUNISHING companies and industries at the expense of other CHOSEN companies and industries. Thus Harley Davidson or the US's largest Nail Manufacturer (downstream steel consumers) getting hurt, while giving exemptions to SOME of them and bailing out entire segments of the economy like farming.
That is the OPPOSITE of level playing field.

The rest of your post is propaganda drivel.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I respect his service but not so much as a senator. Crook to the end. Why do I care about a senators last stand at dividing the country even more.

You see a trend here how democrats suddenly love John McCain just to get Trump again. As an independent voter and no fan of Trump you can see how the dems are suddenly McCain biggest fan with an obvious agenda because he hated trump

McCain is why I support term limits for congress.

posted on Aug, 28 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
I'm good.....Mr McCain not so much

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
I'm good.....Mr McCain not so much