It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trump Not Allowed At McCain Funeral - GOOD

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
CNN is confirming McCain's family does not want trump at McCain's funeral. McCain also made it clear Pence was ok, but trump was not allowed.

I say good..

trump doesn't deserve to attend a hero's funeral.

Donald Trump does NOT pay tribute to John McCain's personal achievements and only offers sympathy to his family, as its claimed the president 'will NOT be invited to the senator's funeral'

- President Donald Trump was reportedly not invited to John McCain's funeral
- It was reported in May that McCain told his inner circle that vice president Mike Pence could attend the funeral, but president Trump was not allowed
- Sources cited Trump and McCain's bitter feud as the reason Trump was snubbed
- Trump and McCain have been in a war-of words for years, dating back to 2015
- Trump launched public attacks on McCain repeatedly, discrediting the senator being a war hero and slamming him for voting against the Affordable Care Act
- McCain has also bashed Trump, namely over his acceptance that Russia did not meddle in the US presidential election and Trump's 'disturbing' behavior
- The senator also wrote about his long-standing feud with Trump in his memoir

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Barack Obama to eulogize John McCain; Trump not invited to funeral

Former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush have been asked to deliver eulogies at Sen. John McCain‘s funeral, according to CBS News.

Details of the funeral are still being mapped out, but Donald Trump is not expected to be among the list of attendees or speakers. That’s hardly surprising. Who could forget when then-presidential candidate Trump infamously proclaimed that McCain, a decorated Vietnam War veteran, well, was not a hero because he was captured and imprisoned by member of the North Vietnamese Army?

The comment sparked widespread condemnation, including from other Republicans, and led McCain, among other reasons, to banish Trump from attending his funeral.

Obama, who won the presidential bid against McCain in 2008, tweeted a statement Saturday that acknowledged their political differences and praised their common ground, saying, “But we shared, for all our differences, a fidelity to something higher—the ideals for which generations of Americans and immigrants alike have fought, marched, and sacrificed.”

thegrio.com...
www.cnn.com...

McCain is a real man - smart and tough as steel, more than willing to sacrifice for his country and with real leadership qualities. There's so many good things to say about him.. As a military man myself I have immense respect for the man. I can't believe trump said he wasn't a hero because he was captured.

trump is a turd - an actual turd, that couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper sack. The only sacrifice trump has made is a cheeseburger without pickles. There is nothing good to say about trump. He's bad for every living thing.

Good for McCain and his family.

I hope as the world watches and morns a hero - trump can be forgotten for a day.

I hope others start to publicly shun the turd.

+62 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hate to be that girl, but....
I'm going to make some popcorn.

But hey, good for you for being brave and stating your opinion.

Personally, I don't think he was such a good guy.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Old news.

+75 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Good, Trump doesn't care and neither does some of us.

I too am a military man and I don't give a crap about him.

Since you want to call out our POTUS as a turd, I'd say to McCain and You, GOOD RIDDANCE 😌
edit on 26-8-2018 by Arnie123 because: MmmHmmm

+42 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't go to his funeral either.
He's not coming to mine.

+55 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
McCain’s last act is division.

Way to bring people together.

The media will love the anti trump funeral

+38 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
McCain’s last act is division.

Way to bring people together.

The media will love the anti trump funeral

the tolerant left, LMFAO.

link   
Nothing says "hero" like helping enact a million people put to the sword in your career.

Julius Caesar boasted he had killed 1,000,000 barbarians and Rome showered him with parades and accolades and immortality for it.

USA! USA! USA!

+9 more 
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I feel that it is very disrespectful the way Trump dissed McCain. McCain fought in war as a soldier so that people like Trump could live free.

Disagree with the man all you want but you can't deny his sacrifice(S). McCain deserves to be respected.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Personally, I don't think he was such a good guy.

McCain? He was definitely polarizing, there wasn’t much not having any opinion on him, you either really loved him or really hated him. That being said some funny things have followed McCain around such as accusations of being a collaborator in captivity in Vietnam and many thinking it was him that pickled off a Zuni rocket on the deck of the Forestall causing the massive deck fires and explosions. He was there but I don’t think it was him that caused the accident.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I feel that it is very disrespectful the way Trump dissed McCain. McCain fought in war as a soldier so that people like Trump could live free.

Disagree with the man all you want but you can't deny his sacrifice(S). McCain deserves to be respected.

McCain was never a “soldier” he was a Sailor, naval aviator to be precise.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

He's bad for every living thing.

This guy.
That comment alone proves to me that this is just another deranged Leftist hit piece.

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
CNN is confirming McCain's family does not want trump at McCain's funeral. McCain also made it clear Pence was ok, but trump was not allowed.

I say good..

trump doesn't deserve to attend a hero's funeral.

He should still go to the funeral, then get up on the stage and start talking about himself, like what Madonna did.

That'd be awesome to watch.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Excuse me? No he doesn't. You don't know me thus don't proclaim to tell me what to respect.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Trump's don't want to be there, and the McCain's don't want him there, so everybody gets what they want.

I am glad however that the McCain's made it public. It highlights that a long standing Republican Senator, and a true patriot, an honest man, feels about this "president' (president bone spurs) after such a short period of his disastrous term.

Good for the McCains. Genuine to the end.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

McCain was never a “soldier” he was a Sailor, naval aviator to be precise.

Yup, he was a Pogue.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

OK, I'll ask it. Why the F would Trump want to go to McCain's funeral anyway. You couldn't pay me to go.

I don't think Pence should go either.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Heh.

Scalise gets shot and "liberals" rage the board for 100 pages shouting how justified the shooter was.

McCain dies a war criminal and "liberals" across the board give him an standing ovation (of the slow clap variety) and a Three-Volley Salute.

edit on 26-8-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

This place is getting ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Heh.

Scalise gets shots and "liberals" rage the board for over 100 pages shouting how justified the shooter was.

McCain dies a war criminal and "liberals" across the board give him and standing ovation and a Three-Volley Salute.

Freakin amazing to behold, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join