It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Shooting.More Anti-Gun Protests From The Media, Democrats and Hogg

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sookiechacha

An illegal alien DID kill someone.

And a guy with a gun kills someone every day.

Name a law that is on the books that would have stopped the shooting today.

Now name a law that is on the books that would have prevented an illegal alien, that IS ACTUALLY BEING FOLLOWED AND NOT IGNORED BY AMERICAN-HATING LEFTISTS!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sure do in cities like Chicago.

That gun control Utopia.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't know why they don't create a law that says we can't go around murdering each other.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

I understand the sentiment but it really shouldnt matter where these shootings take place. School, mall, concert whatever. They're all equally tragic

No, I don't think you do. Yes, they are all tragic, but the first step to solving a problem is to understand why the problem exists. That process can be helped along by asking one simple question: Seeing as millions of people each day do not experience a mass shooting on them, what are the differences that might lend themselves to cause some to do so?

I focus on the larger issues, not the exceptions. And the fact remains that the vast majority of mass shooting occur where guns are illegal to possess. I believe, since that is a gun issue and the shootings are happening using guns, it is logical to believe these two things are related.

The question is, how are you going to keep these firearms out of the hands of the mentally unstable?

I'm not. You're not. David Hogg will not. No one can and that is my point. There is no physically possible way, no physically conceivable way, to ensure that mentally unstable people will not have access to a gun. It cannot be done. One could pass a library full of laws, and a gun would still sneak through. One could assemble an army of psychiatrists larger than the Chinese population to test every person in the country, and someone would slip through the cracks. One could put up walls twenty feet high and five feet thick around every school in the country and someone would figure out a way in.

No one can guarantee there will be no guns.

No one can guarantee the mentally unstable will not get those guns.

Now, should we talk about ways to ensure harder access to guns for the mentally unstable? YES! YES! A MILLION TIMES, YES! But should we continue to let our children die while we figure out a way to do something that has never successfully been done before? NO! NO! A MILLION TIMES, NO!

We need a solution that works now, not twenty years from now when we get all the kinks ironed out. Arm the schools. Then we can try to figure out ways to keep them from needing to be armed. Protect the children at all costs.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
First and foremost, I would like to offer my sincere condolences to those killed and injured in Jacksonville, Florida.

As a gun owner, I'm sickened by these shootings, but...

'Nuff said.

You could have waited for the bodies to cool.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nothing really stops bad people from doing bad things. Laws don’t stop them, a wall won’t stop them either. All you can do is try not to get murdered in your day to day life - by whomever wants to murder you.

That was my point.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That gun control Utopia.

I doubt Chicago can take credit for even a quarter of the nearly 9000 gun deaths so far in 2018 alone

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Name a law that is on the books that would have stopped the shooting today.

There's isn't one.

A mass shooting is an irrational action.

Rational thought(law) is an exercise in futility.

They don't take the time and whip out ye old law book before doing this snip.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

First problem it's not gun deaths.

I love it when people blame objects for what PEOPLE do that's already in violation of existing laws.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That gun control Utopia.

I doubt Chicago can take credit for even a quarter of the nearly 9000 gun deaths so far in 2018 alone

the problem with stats like that however is they dont take into account HOW or WHY the gun death happened.

Was it criminal?

Was it self defense?

Was it suicide?

Was it accidental?

So you see not all are created equal, yes death is death, but the method makes the difference

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Who/WHAT is to blame for what happened today

Is a 24 year old professional video game player.

Where it begins and ends.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That gun control Utopia.

True, but Chicago, along with other Democrat-controlled cities with tough gun laws sure can take 'credit' for a large and disproportionate percentage of gun murders.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Nothing really stops bad people from doing bad things.

One thing does: reality.

Being dead will absolutely prevent 100% of criminals from firing a gun. That is reality.

A border wall will not make 100%, but it will prevent most of the illegal border crossings. That is reality.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
a reply to: TheRedneck

I understand the sentiment but it really shouldnt matter where these shootings take place. School, mall, concert whatever. They're all equally tragic
The question is, how are you going to keep these firearms out of the hands of the mentally unstable?
Please forgive me for suggesting that the total amount of firearms available being related to anyone in particular getting their hands on one
the genie is out of the bottle. Millions of guns are already out there,gun bans will most likely be honored by the people who least need them and ignored by those who do—the criminals.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Another Mass Shooting. More whining about anti-gun "stuff" even before the anti-gun complaints start. There has been next to NO regulation or vetting or anything regarding weapons after all the recent mass shootings.

So instead of whining about whiners, as a supposed "responsible gun owner," why don't you help provide some ideas on ways to curb this problem. I mean, other than "Give everyone guns and we'll work it out wild west style!"

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Another Mass Shooting. More whining about anti-gun "stuff" even before the anti-gun complaints start. There has been next to NO regulation or vetting or anything regarding weapons after all the recent mass shootings.

So instead of whining about whiners, as a supposed "responsible gun owner," why don't you help provide some ideas on ways to curb this problem. I mean, other than "Give everyone guns and we'll work it out wild west style!"

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Wow thanx for again adding so much to the conversation. 4 dead and your sassy attitude just makes us all feel better..a reply to: kaylaluv

As opposed to the OP, who is whining about getting to keep his guns...

One cannot understand the US Constitution , much less the 2nd Amendment , unless one is a true US citizen

edit on 8/26/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Nothing really stops bad people from doing bad things. Laws don’t stop them, a wall won’t stop them either. All you can do is try not to get murdered in your day to day life - by whomever wants to murder you.

That was my point.

I do , that is why I carry
No innocent on my watch will ever get gunned down if I can help it.
That I swear .
Here and now.
Thanks to the 2nd Amendment and a State that upholds the rights to defend oneself and others.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Shooters have the element of surprise on their side, so they will always kill at least one poor soul.

A bad guy determined to come here will come here and kill at least one poor soul.

THAT is reality.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Illegal immigration doesn't kill people. Deranged people kill people.

Except an illegal immigrant DID kill someone

A gunman killed several people today.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join