It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Shooting.More Anti-Gun Protests From The Media, Democrats and Hogg

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Tell me what hypocrisy on my end has been displayed? Or are you just throwing out words again in an attempt to justify your actions and project.

Damn you're obtuse! I've shown you in my replies to you. Don't play "50 First Dates" with me!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Mentally unstable? You betcha.

The Jacksonville Landing mass shooter allegedly opened fire after losing a video game tournament.

defensemaven.io...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Mollie

Her name was Mollie Tibbetts and she was indeed killed by an illegal alien, who might not have gained entry into the United States had he sought legal entry and was properly vetted prior to entry.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Idiot is what idiot does, but the force multiplier of a firearm is of the charts.
Combine that with the availability of firearms and you have a situation that is unsustainable.

So again it comes down to what are you going to do about it. That is, assuming you want something to be done.
Are you going to tackle mental health or firearm availability?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

First of all I don't think it is reasonable to expect there to be a good guy on the scene the moment a shooting takes place.

I disagree. In an unwarranted (as in, not between two criminals) shooting, there is by definition at least one "good guy" on the scene immediately: the victim. In a school shooting there are quite a few of those "good guys" on the scene immediately, as they staff the school. The shooter gets there last.

Secondly, even if there was the amount of damage that bad guy can cause in a short period of say 60 seconds is enough to warrant it a mass shooting.
These responders are just that, responding to events already in the past

Yes, exactly! 60 seconds is a lifetime (or the end of one) when one is looking at an active shooter. Yet, 60 seconds is an amazing response time. The response time for police here is more like 15-30 minutes in an emergency.

And even knowing that, how can someone suggest that we wait those 60 seconds, during which you correctly state that many lives can be lost, before responding with sufficient force to stop the shooting? I simply cannot get that logic to work in my head. We see the same scenario play out time after time:
    Someone enters a school with a weapon (or weapons).

That someone proceeds to open fire.

While some are dying, others manage to call for help.

A few scant minutes later, help arrives.

The responders still have to assess the situation and determine a course of action.

The shooter is shot by the responders, after killing many.
I think it should go down like this:
    Someone enters a school with a weapon (or weapons).

That someone proceeds to open fire and is met with immediate resistance.

Others manage to call for help, likely after the shooter is down.

A few scant minutes later, help arrives.

The responders still have to assess the situation and determine a course of action.

When the responders enter, the shooter is still down and likely dead.

There are few other casualties, if any.
I just think the second scenario is more beneficial than the first. Perhaps you disagree?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Tell me what hypocrisy on my end has been displayed? Or are you just throwing out words again in an attempt to justify your actions and project.

Damn you're obtuse! I've shown you in my replies to you. Don't play "50 First Dates" with me!

Youve showed me in your responses that I AM a hypocrite? How exactly am I a hypocrite?

What have I said or done in this thread that is hypocritical?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn

Mollie

Her name was Mollie Tibbetts and she was indeed killed by an illegal alien, who might not have gained entry into the United States had he sought legal entry and was properly vetted prior to entry.

Sorry. Mollie Tibbetts. Illegal entry didn't kill Mollie. A mentally derange individual did. He stole someone's identity. A wall wouldn't have protected Mollie. E-Verify didn't protect Mollie. Nothing could protect Mollie from a deranged individual with his sights set on murder. National origin and method of entry have no more to do with Mollie's death than gun laws are responsible to these deaths today.

What I'm saying is, the right exploited Mollie's death to punctuate and promote their agenda that illegal/undocumented aliens are killers and rapists. It's a blame game. The right does it. They fail see their own hypocrisy.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Illegal entry don't kill Mollie. A mentally derange individual did.

Actually it did, I agree yes he was deranged, but he was also here illegally , he was also on the feds radar

No illegal entry
No dead Mollie
edit on 26-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You really need to stop flirting with me now. This thread isn't about my empathy for today's victims, nor was it intended to evoke my compassion. This thread is a rant against gun control enthusiast's, Democrats and David Hogg.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In situations like these, I must ask the question;

What laws would have prevented this?

Can we make murder illegal? Then this will never happen again!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Erm, school shootings? I'm talking about global mental health and national legislation with regard to personal firearms

The vast majority of mass shootings are still in areas where guns are not permitted... schools, malls, parks... and this one was indeed at a school.

I'm not going to go into global politics because I do not understand the various cultures involved. I am interested in stopping deaths from mass shootings, specifically school shootings, right here first. Then we can talk about the mass shootings in Somewhereistanople.

TheRedneck

link   

You really need to stop flirting with me now. This thread isn't about my empathy for today's victims, nor was it intended to evoke my compassion. This thread is a rant against gun control enthusiast's, Democrats and David Hogg.

So in other words youre not going to back up your claim that im a hypocrite. So again, like everything up to this point, your posts are baseless.

Gotcha

link   

Actually it did,

Okay. Two can play that game. Bad gun laws allowed that kid into the video games playoffs with a gun. We need strickter gun law, NOW!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh, it was a white guy...now it makes sense...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 26-8-2018 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Actually it did,

Okay. Two can play that game. Bad gun laws allowed that kid into the video games playoffs with a gun. We need strickter gun law, NOW!

Really? How do you know?

Do you know how he acquired the gun? Do you know if it was even his? Do you have the facts on how he obtained it?

Oh wait, no you dont, so again false premise

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

But, it appears that as the "right" try to promote their agenda by blaming a lunatic that was in this country illegally....

the "left" prefers to blame the GUN that the lunatic used in Florida.

I guess my line of thinking is this:

The illegal alien is already a law breaker by entering the country illegally... living as an illegal alien, you would have to assume puts added pressure and stress on said illegal alien because, well, it's just harder to live when you do not have legal status. This added pressure and stress causes said illegal alien to exhibit and act on said lunatic feelings, resulting in the death of a Unites States Citizen. So by the lefts logic, if his illegal status was not at least part of the cause of this tragic death, it had to be the rock, knife, hatchet or other sharp instrument that was the fault.

because the tragic deaths in Florida, well GUN!

So on one side of the argument, neither the status of the perpetrator nor the weapon of choice is to be blamed. Only the individuals mental health.....
But on the other side of the argument.... well GUN!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Do you know how he acquired the gun? Do you know if it was even his? Do you have the facts on how he obtained it?

"Devil's advocate" Einstein!

It doesn't matter for gun control enthusiast's arguments. However he got the gun, he shouldn't have had it, because he killed people with it! There ought to be a law! Or, the law ought to be better enforced! It's the NRA's fault!

Do guns kill people? No. Does illegal immigration kill people? No. Deranged individauls kill people!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

The illegal alien is already a law breaker by entering the country illegally...

That certainly makes people more desperate. But, it also tends to make people "sit down and be humble", work long and hard for cheap., to keep quite and clean and not cause any attention.

But, illegal entry is akin to trespassing, and American citizens commit greater crimes everyday and get away with it. Speeding, driving without a license or insurance, drunk driving, shoplifting, white collar crime. illicit drugs, prostitution....you get it. Citizenship and documentation doesn't give anyone a moral high ground.

So on one side of the argument, neither the status of the perpetrator nor the weapon of choice is to be blamed. Only the individuals mental health.....

Both sides are knee jerk reaction to complex social problems. There is no easy answer and no obvious scapegoat to blame.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Do guns kill people? No. Does illegal immigration kill people? No. Deranged individauls kill people!

Again except the illegal immigrant was a person that did kill someone, youre trying to compare apples and oranges.

You cant compare a gun to an illegal immigrant which indeed WAS the person that carried out the crime.

That logic just doesnt bare out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join