It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Shooting.More Anti-Gun Protests From The Media, Democrats and Hogg

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Guns are outlawed in Chicago and no one ever gets shot, O wait....

edit on 26-8-2018 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

That may indeed be the case, in this case.

Latch key kids, raised by nanny-TV, and the internet, in all too many cases.

I spent more than a little time, as a kid, and not so young adult, in video arcades. Hours, upon hours, and many of them were, to put it mildly, violent. I played violent sports with my friends. More than one pick-up basketball game ended in fisticuffs. It's safe to say that many moments in my young life were violent, yet not one of us shot up an arcade, or the neighborhood basketball court, and most of us had access to firearms of many differing sorts. I surely did, and there were aspects of my life that were not pleasant for much of that time.

We don't even know what questions to ask when it comes to these events, so it's not surprising that no one has the answers.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't want to Trump all over this thread, but I disagree with your premise.
First of all I don't think it is reasonable to expect there to be a good guy on the scene the moment a shooting takes place.
Secondly, even if there was the amount of damage that bad guy can cause in a short period of say 60 seconds is enough to warrant it a mass shooting.
These responders are just that, responding to events already in the past

These mass shootings are just big red flags, but there are countless of small red flags that don't get any attention that are just as important if not more important. I don't know, it's just such a random waste of lives leaving tragedy in its wake.
But it would be a breath of fresh air if the NRA just came out and stated that these shootings are just a part of liberal gun laws and everybody should get used to it

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Illegal immigrants? Where does that come into play, unless the shooter, or some of his victims were? Tangential to the main issue, I think.

It is a mental health issue, that seems to be beyond a doubt.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Too early to joke about blaming illegals for the mass shooting today? Fine, let's blame video games. www.thedailybeast.com...

Your post and your joking about illegals and what happened today are THE PRIME example of the lack of empathy and cheapening of life i was speaking about.

Thank you for showing people what I meant

In the meantime, we have like 3 threads that are trashing the life and work of John McCain. Get off your high horse, just because I didn't lower myself to offer the obligatory "thoughts and prayers", like the OP, before whining about would be gun law blamers like David Hogg!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Too early to joke about blaming illegals for the mass shooting today? Fine, let's blame video games. www.thedailybeast.com...

Your post and your joking about illegals and what happened today are THE PRIME example of the lack of empathy and cheapening of life i was speaking about.

Thank you for showing people what I meant

In the meantime, we have like 3 threads that are trashing the life and work of John McCain. Get off your high horse, just because I didn't lower myself to offer the obligatory "thoughts and prayers", like the OP, before whining about would be gun law blamers like David Hogg!

you consider it "lowering yourself" to be a compassionate human being?

Again thank you for proving my point on whats wrong with people in the world today
edit on 26-8-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what any of them say. Anyone with a brain cell can clearly see that the ones doing the shootings are the same social justice warriors that are complaining about it.

That's why they want gun control so bad. They don't trust themselves. They're the ones doing all these shootings.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was just playing off of this post.

originally posted by: kaylaluv
It’s okay. When we build the wall, this won’t happen anymore.

We're just obliging the OP's blame game rant.

edit on 26-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I figured it was something like that.

But that won't be the only reference, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

you consider it "lowering yourself" to be a compassionate human being?

I consider obligatory and insincere rhetoric, like "thoughts and prayers" insulting to the victims and their families. And, since this thread was created to pre-empt would be gun control blamers for the mass shooting today, I thought I'd throw in my 2cents. It's the fault of video games, see?

I gave my own version of "thoughts and prayers" in another mass shooting thread, that wasn't designed to rant and blame would be gun control entusiasts, like David Hogg.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I consider obligatory and insincere rhetoric, like "thoughts and prayers" insulting to the victims and their families.

and whose the arbiter of this "absolute" truth that you seem to be speaking hmm? You? Youre the one who decides whose sincere and who isnt?

And, since this thread was created to pre-empt would be gun control blamers for the mass shooting today, I thought I'd throw in my 2cents.

So your 2 cents was to make a joke about illegals on the backs of dead kids, in an attempt to throw in more political trolling?

Like I said , again, thanks for proving my point.

Youre dismissed

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Wonder if some MKUltra person is going to be the shooter, as apparently the shooter is conveniently dead too. Dead men tell no tales.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Jubei42

some people have serious mental health issues.
They are spread out evenly over the entire world, but surprisingly these mass shootings only take place where firearms are readily available.

No, they don't. School shootings happen in areas where possession of a firearm is strictly prohibited by law.

"Gun-Free Zone"?

TheRedneck

Erm, school shootings? I'm talking about global mental health and national legislation with regard to personal firearms

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
It doesn't matter what any of them say. Anyone with a brain cell can clearly see that the ones doing the shootings are the same social justice warriors that are complaining about it.

That's why they want gun control so bad. They don't trust themselves. They're the ones doing all these shootings.

The fact that people who use Mickey mouse logic like this can almost immediately acquire a firearm is pretty damned terrifying actually.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

and whose the arbiter of this "absolute" truth that you seem to be speaking hmm?

Mostly the victims and their families that are saying "Keep your thoughts and prayers"!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Mostly the victims and their families that are saying "Keep your thoughts and prayers"!

Really? could you link me the articles where the victims or their families are saying this? You know to back up your claim?

Because honestly, what it looks like, is youre just making crap up to try and justify youre horrible behavior and nasty attitude on this thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So your 2 cents was to make a joke about illegals on the backs of dead kids, in an attempt to throw in more political trolling?

After the empty and obligatory "sincere condolences", the whole OP is political trolling!

Now, we're going to have to endure more anti-gun rhetoric from Democrats and people (mostly Liberals who never handled a gun in their lives), who think David Hogg is the anti-gun messiah. Instead of blaming a Godless society and mental illness, law abiding gun owners and the NRA will be the ones stigmatized and attacked by these anti-gun zealots.

Whaaaa! Don't make us listen to gun control enthusiasts! NOOOOOO!

And get out of here with your faux respect for life and god through "thoughts and prayers'!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...

sports.yahoo.com...

www.vice.com...#-about-thoughts-and-prayers-vgtrn

www.slate.com...

deadstate.org...

www.thelily.com...

time.com...

www.usatoday.com...

Because honestly, what it looks like, is youre just making crap up to try and justify youre horrible behavior and nasty attitude on this thread.

But, we'd be good if I was trashing John McCain, right?

edit on 26-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And get out of here with your faux respect for life and god through "thoughts and prayers'!

Im still waiting for you to back up your claims. Care to actually address that, or you just gonna jump around like a monkey and try to tell me I have "faux" respect for life.

Ive spent most of my life SAVING lives, so yes, I do have a huge respect for life.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

From your own link:

From a spiritual perspective, there’s nothing wrong with thoughts and prayers. Prayer can be helpful and even transformative for a family going through the shock of a loved one’s untimely death. For congregations, prayer can offer comfort in times of unspeakable sorrow and often serve as the first step toward organizing a joint response.

Look I understand your bulb is a little dim, but those links are talking about POLITICIANS, and inaction.

Not the populace at large.

I know I know, its a really rough concept to try and swallow, but do your best little buddy, im sure you can figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join