It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Mass Shooting.More Anti-Gun Protests From The Media, Democrats and Hogg

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I have a feeling we're going to hear more from people claiming that video games incite violence from the right than gun control arguments from the left, this time.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Were the shooter(s) illegal aliens undocumented from Mexico ?

It was probably because an illegal took the shooter's daddy's job, before he took off and deserted them, and the shooter had to grow up poor, with only video games to play alone, while his momma worked 3 jobs.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Sure I can absorb and correlate; some people have serious mental health issues.
They are spread out evenly over the entire world, but surprisingly these mass shootings only take place where firearms are readily available.

Can you correlate? Because these innocent victims can't absorb projectiles

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Spot on.

People don't know how to apply true sportsmanship anymore. Maybe it's because society is degenerating. They laugh and make fun of the values that used to be taught in school, the Scouts, church, strong families.

Humanity may be progressing technologically, but they are degenerating psychologically and socially, imo.

They had to make up words like "sportsmanship" to mask the true nature of the situation. I.e 'I'm good as using this thing that is specifically designed to kill other people'. They used the gun exactly for what it was designed to do.

Also, things were pretty messed up in the past as well, maybe just not for you.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, that's just the excuse.

Not the reason.

There isn't any one reason. If it were, it'd be a rather easy fix, wouldn't it?

Violent video games, when that game, or games, is the over riding reason for existence does in my humble opinion, play a roll, not a large one to be sure, but a roll never the less.

It seems obvious, to me anyway, that this guy had an issue, and losing at a stupid game was the trigger--not the cause. The cause lies elsewhere.

link   
a reply to: Jubei42

So ask yourself this question : whats easier to control, the amount of available fire arms in the country or the mental state of every individual in the country?
Serious question

Good question. Here's a serious answer:

Let's look at the consequences of both plans. It is a foregone conclusion that whichever we do, we will not catch everyone. But let's say we can either address 95% of all mental illness issues or confiscate 95% of all guns.

If we address the mental issues, then we still have 5% of the mentally incompetent walking around in a society with weapons. If one of those 5% unaddressed individuals tries to pull a weapon in a society which allows weapons, they themselves will be shot. Maybe not by every individual that possesses a weapon, but surely by one or more. They will have the ability to shoot one time, and that is all. Dead men don't pull triggers.

If we address the weapon availability issue, we remove 95% of all weapons. That means 5% of them will still be out there, and that 5% will be unregulated. The likelihood is very high they will be powerful weapons, as people will protect their most powerful assets first. So the chances become high that a mentally unstable individual will still be able to obtain a weapon. There will also be very few people available to stop him when that happens, so the rarer instance of shootings will be offset by the extreme carnage each shooter can do.

I will agree that addressing mental illness is not the easiest way to address the issue, but neither is outlawing guns. The easiest way is to outlaw schools. Just because a method is easiest does not mean it is preferable.

In my opinion, we desperately need to address mental health, as difficult as that may be. In the interim, the best solution is to minimize damage by arming those faculty members who desire it. They are at ground zero, and thus would be the fastest response possible to any issues.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I agree. That's just my prediction. Even tho this game is a football recreation and not Call of Duty, video games and their devout players will get the rap for this one. (prediction)

edit on 26-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

And people think its a GUN problem?

Sorry, no , not even close.

Its a mental health problem, and this latest shooting only further reinforces that fact. My opinion remains the same, even if he chose to use a truck, a car or a knife.

Mental problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

some people have serious mental health issues.
They are spread out evenly over the entire world, but surprisingly these mass shootings only take place where firearms are readily available.

No, they don't. School shootings happen in areas where possession of a firearm is strictly prohibited by law.

"Gun-Free Zone"?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

Were the shooter(s) illegal aliens undocumented from Mexico ?

It was probably because an illegal took the shooter's daddy's job, before he took off and deserted them, and the shooter had to grow up poor, with only video games to play alone, while his momma worked 3 jobs.

Wow you guys are really doubling down and seeing who can say the most despicable thing about dead people huh? Bodies aren't cold tons of families effected

Its good though shows us all your true colors and how compassionate the left REALLY is

God for bid this be your fam

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

No, it's definitely not Call of Duty...

...and there will be people who will attempt to blame the game solely. While it did, seems obvious, play a roll, it wasn't even remotely the most important one.

My guess is, that the guy has a history of mental issues that were ignored by parents, teachers, friends, etc...whether that's true or not, I've no idea, but that does tend to be par for the course.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Too early to joke about blaming illegals for the mass shooting today? Fine, let's blame video games. www.thedailybeast.com...

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Tools are never at fault.

To say other wise is to ignore the real reasons, what ever they may be.

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
It’s okay. When we build the wall, this won’t happen anymore.

What's wrong with you?
Did the victims even cross your mind?
Or was ^ this your first thought.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Hard to recognize mental illness when you let videogames, social media, and internet raise your kids

Hell the parents probably didn't even know him

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My guess is, that the guy has a history of mental issues that were ignored by parents, teachers, friends, etc...whether that's true or not, I've no idea, but that does tend to be par for the course.

I have no doubt whatsoever that mental health is the heart of problem here. Not video games or gun regulations, and not illegal immigrants!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

The problem is in the head and the heart.

People dont value life anymore what so ever, everything in our culture now days is so cheap and shallow, and throw away.

We have totally gotten away from values, accountability, and teaching our kids the sanctity of life.

Instead parents and kids are staring into their phones all day, or into their game consoles or sometimes both, worrying about "likes" and "shares" on social media, and how many "friends" they have , or followers, from people they dont even know or matter.

Depsite that the objective is do "do better" then that person they dont even know, full of fake lives, fake smiles, and fake happiness.

And we wonder why nothing is valued or sacred anymore?

And people think its a GUN problem?

Sorry, no , not even close.

^Exactly this^

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
RIP to all lives involved and the parents who now have had their hearts broken

Whatever caused the person to flip can be debated, I am sure violent video games will be deemed the cause of it by some politicians

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Now, we're going to have to endure more anti-gun rhetoric from Democrats and people (mostly Liberals who never handled a gun in their lives), who think David Hogg is the anti-gun messiah. Instead of blaming a Godless society and mental illness, law abiding gun owners and the NRA will be the ones stigmatized and attacked by these anti-gun zealots.

Warning generalization incoming

While democrats cry anti gun

Republicans see a business oppurtunity

La Roux attacks Fox for using Bulletproof in segment on kids clothes

Fox "news" ran a story about how to protect your children in school, I mean what parent would not consider a bullet proof back pack as normal for school in a country where guns are not an issue, oh and just to seal that "subliminal" message they used a tune called bulletproof

I am not sure when people will realize guns ARE an issue if even bullet proof backpacks just become the norm, thats not freedom in my opinion

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

Too early to joke about blaming illegals for the mass shooting today? Fine, let's blame video games. www.thedailybeast.com...

Your post and your joking about illegals and what happened today are THE PRIME example of the lack of empathy and cheapening of life i was speaking about.

Thank you for showing people what I meant

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I have no doubt whatsoever that mental health is the heart of problem here. Not video games or gun regulations, and not illegal immigrants!

Maybe the video games had illegal immigrants as characters.

"never know do ya"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join