It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Van Fleet....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am kinda surprised by how "zeppelin-esque" they sound. The riffs, the grooves, the layers of guitars...even the super heavy percussion and the mix.
I know there's debate out there if they are just copying a successful formula or stealing...Either way I don't care. They are fun and grooving to listen to.

In this video even the imagery evokes the mysteriousness of early Zep.

Just some coolness from an era filled with boy-bands and talentless hacks that don't write their own music.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
I am kinda surprised by how "zeppelin-esque" they sound. The riffs, the grooves, the layers of guitars...even the super heavy percussion and the mix.
I know there's debate out there if they are just copying a successful formula or stealing...Either way I don't care. They are fun and grooving to listen to.

My area local bar band a year ago... Now doing arenas in and it of country. Robert Plant mentioned them himself when asked about Zep copy bands. He replied "They might as well be Led Zeppelin 1"!

MS
edit on 8.26.2018 by Kandinsky because: Trimmed huge quote

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

They're so derivative of Led Zep it's almost creepy. Bob Plant has a tulpa and he sings for GVF.

Like you, I do not care. They sound great and I've overplayed Zep 1-3 so much that these are like a new, undiscovered album. They can stand in until Zep 1 can squeeze my lemon again.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Like Kingdom Come from the 80's, a 2nd rate LZ clone that is a blatant ripoff, yet still sucks, albeit a far better band than LZ ever thought of being.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's kind of a more upbeat Zep. Really like the sound. I also thought the whole plugging into the big old rock was pretty cool. Nice video!! Was looking for something new to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Wow! I must've been living under a great rock, but I've never heard of them before now, but WOW! I like!! Like a lot!

As a musician, one of the worst phrases you can hear is somebody say, "I like your song, it sounds just like ___________". Now, to the musician, that's an insult, because they see their creation as unique. Of course, the fan think they are paying you a great compliment by comparing your works with somebody already deemed to be great.

I hear the Led Zep influences, but the energy feels different to me. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they were also inspired by the Black Crows.

Either way it ROCKS and it's good and fresh.

Thank you!

ETA: Do you have any info as to the meaning of their name? I'm surprised they didn't call their group " Kiszka "

edit on 26/8/18 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I like more original bands, if I want to listen to LZ then I will just listen to LZ not some cheap LZ cover band which is pretty much what these guys are

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And tell me what boy band stands out from another? All the same formula. Same wish TIFFANY, Britney, Modona, Miley.......

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Absolutely LOVE them! The hubs discovered them a good while back on the indie radio station he normally listens to and in turn turned me on to them. The only problem I have with them is that instead of crediting Led Zepplin as being their main influence they credited Aerosmith??? Boys, come on and tell the truth now! First time I heard you I thought maybe they had found a previously unknown LZ track!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I am kinda surprised by how "zeppelin-esque" they sound.

And they will not cop to it - god love 'em. They've practically built an altar to Zeppelin with music

Got the swagger too -

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

They're so derivative of Led Zep it's almost creepy. Bob Plant has a tulpa and he sings for GVF.

Like you, I do not care. They sound great and I've overplayed Zep 1-3 so much that these are like a new, undiscovered album. They can stand in until Zep 1 can squeeze my lemon again.

Hey K? In interviews they say it was unintentional to sound like them.... and the singer just sounds like Plant..... Don't know...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sure I would believe that if he just sounded like plant, but their whole sound from guitar on down is trying to be LZ, I think he practices sounding like plant, If he wasn't trying he would not do the Plant wailing.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

They were at Pinkpop Festival in The Netherlands this year. They were great! Probably even better then on their album! We were blown away by them. His voice is amazing!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's all just Rock and Roll, let them children boogy woogy !!!

edit on 26-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Frodo finally stepped out!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow, it's like another Led Zeppelin for sure! Love them! Thank you for sharing these vids!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Sure I would believe that if he just sounded like plant, but their whole sound from guitar on down is trying to be LZ, I think he practices sounding like plant, If he wasn't trying he would not do the Plant wailing.

I believe they have a complete cover story/full length interview about their sound and influences this month in both Rolling Stone and Detroit Metrotimes.... both available online

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I really lke them. Can't wait for their first album!

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
These young men, mostly Brothers, are so amazing. I hope fame doesn't mess with their heads and they have a long and successful career.

posted on Aug, 27 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

that's funny, I had the same thoughts. Being so young, I hoped they don't get caught up in the lifestyle. But amazing talent. Such a strong presence. And if you are going to emulate a band, and possibly surpass them, why not go for the top.

new topics

top topics

join