It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads are blocking content - Site is becoming difficult to use

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

if you delete that folder you lose everything....

'EVERYTHING!'

but, sometimes a fresh starts good!

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Um, lots of users are having the problem..been multiple threads on it.

Sure..ask what % of nearly 400,000 members? There's your answer ...thanks!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was just trying to reply to a thread here:

"How can you make ATS Great Again"

Could not do it because site is still dysfunctional - Very difficult to make revisions when the cursor will not go to the edge of
the box unless I turn the resolution so small so that I can hardly see what I'm writing.

I have an up to date Chrome browser that works everywhere else.

One way to we can make ATS great again is for them to hire people who know how to keep the site functional

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
you are annoying me. i feel like skillet video monster each time i hear you whine.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
In lew of being deleted. I love ATS, and I have turned off my AdBlock, however, I keep Ghostery enabled, as it prevents anything that wants to spy on me, blind. These trackers are the real problem, and when they put 2+2 together, and they will, just about any public site is cannon fodder for ya. Why can we not agree that most of these idiots that want to advertise to you, have a number of hidden agendas..... Waiting for a comment or a post deletion.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: AlienView

I have no such issues...nether do a few hundred thousand members...

It's something on your end...otherwise we would all have it, and we don't.

No sir; can't browse on my phone because the ads cover content, on PC with adblock we're good, without adblock, content is covered again. Has nothing to do with "our end" or anything; it has to do with poor ad implementation.

Mind you, it doesn't always bug out; the add is supposed to separate the content, and you're supposed to be able to scroll passed the ad, but sometimes the code bugs and it just over laps, and when you scroll, the add scrolls with you.

This is 100% a coding error.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Has nothing to do with "our end" or anything;

Actually, it does.

I mainly use my phone for browsing here and have had minimal issues. Ocassionally use my laptop or PC and experience the same lack of problems.

The ONLY times I’ve had problems with ads is when they went screwy recently, but it got sorted after a couple of days.
The only time I’ve hadvproblems with loading times or accessing the site is when there has been problems with the site (attacks and so on).

So yes, it’s more likely to be user side problems.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I have no such issues...nether do a few hundred thousand members...

It's something on your end...otherwise we would all have it, and we don't.

No sir; can't browse on my phone because the ads cover content, on PC with adblock we're good, without adblock, content is covered again. Has nothing to do with "our end" or anything; it has to do with poor ad implementation.

Mind you, it doesn't always bug out; the add is supposed to separate the content, and you're supposed to be able to scroll passed the ad, but sometimes the code bugs and it just over laps, and when you scroll, the add scrolls with you.

This is 100% a coding error.

Don't know... All I can say is I am on my phone replying to you right now... No ads or covering ads. Cheap, no contract smartphone...

My point.. We all 300,000 members have no issues..... Good luck.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: SRPrime

Has nothing to do with "our end" or anything;

Actually, it does.

I mainly use my phone for browsing here and have had minimal issues. Ocassionally use my laptop or PC and experience the same lack of problems.

The ONLY times I’ve had problems with ads is when they went screwy recently, but it got sorted after a couple of days.
The only time I’ve hadvproblems with loading times or accessing the site is when there has been problems with the site (attacks and so on).

So yes, it’s more likely to be user side problems.

Thanks... My point to the thread poster. MS

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The problem for me is/was that a pop-up appeared on the bottom. The odd thing was that it was always empty? That should not be, come on guys get your act together . Lol

BTW I saw this thread and skimmed over it before my reply . Guess what happened in five minutes of reading .

For the first time the pop-up box appeared with a add . ( Facepalm)

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

When is this issue going to be fixed?

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Many members are having an issue. I'm on the same devices I had a month ago and the site is not working correctly for me where it worked just fine before so I'm certain the problem is with the site not that members device.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

The ads are invisible but they are blocking access to anything on the left side of the screen so emojis half don't work. Cut and paste only works if you put it in a dialog box like quote or outside sources.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

I don't know this option.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If you hold Ctrl and scroll your mouse, it zooms in and out on the page.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I have no issues...no ex0ensive phones, tabs,laptops,PC's...home or work..

Even the mods have explained what I've said in more than a dozen threads...it's where we learned the very thing I've tried to pass on to you.

Either folks aren't reading mod advice or....what can I tell you? I tried...Good luck. Glad I never have site issues on any of my devices....

Peace...out...and done

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It's only on "my end" because I changed the zoom to 110% (I have a small monitor and the text size makes it a little hard to read after a working day looking at a computer screen), but the problem is created by the injection by the ad servers of one HTML element (a div with an id of "pw-oop-left_rail") that covers part of the page when the zoom is increased.

You can see it in the image below, after I changed its background colour to white and transparency to 50%.

I cannot stop the browser from presenting that empty element, ATS cannot do it either, only the ad server company can, as far as I understand it.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

It's only on "my end" because I changed the zoom to 110% (I have a small monitor and the text size makes it a little hard to read after a working day looking at a computer screen), but the problem is created by the injection by the ad servers of one HTML element (a div with an id of "pw-oop-left_rail") that covers part of the page when the zoom is increased.

You can see it in the image below, after I changed its background colour to white and transparency to 50%.

I cannot stop the browser from presenting that empty element, ATS cannot do it either, only the ad server company can, as far as I understand it.

I actually do get the same open side from time to time and zoom occasionally to 125%....but no issues.

What happens to your screen if you DOWN it to 50% for just a second to see?

Right now I'm not sure WHERE I'm at because I use DESKTOP on mobile, zooming up and down and side to side....w no issues.

Rt now responding to you? Center reply and thread box...click on it afterwards...it's normal format.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 14377

wtf!

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Right after I posted that. The ad quit appearing again .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join