It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads are blocking content - Site is becoming difficult to use

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I don't mind ATS having ads - And disabled my ad blocker as requested.

But now the ads are blocking content and this happens even when signed in.

Sometimes the ads are blocking the sign in page.

What's going on ?

Also, the cursor is disfunctional on the left side of page when creating content and this makes it difficutlt to create revisions or erase errors.
edit on 26-8-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

What's going on ?

Also, the cursor is disfunctional on the left side of page when creating content and this makes it difficutlt to create revisions or erase errors.

I started an identical thread a week or so back.
Lots of users agreeing, but no feedback from the mods.
It's genuinely stopping me come here as often 👎🏻
edit on 26-8-2018 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I had issues with just logging into this site with safari and then Firefox. So I downloaded the Adblock web browser and it works like a charm.

I don’t see any adds either but I will donate to this site and hopefully more will go that route and ATS can then adopt the value for value model.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
there is this comedian in my country that jokes about internet users. I like it.

He says: " the kid has pimples on his face, cant watch horror movies because of age restrictions, sits in his room and eats the cakes his mama cooks and nicknames himself EXCALIBUR!"

so, stargate, how is your day?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I have no such issues...nether do a few hundred thousand members...

It's something on your end...otherwise we would all have it, and we don't.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It happens to Me too and Ive seen others post on it...so its got to be a little more than "on your end".

Ive almost stopped coming here because its pretty annoying.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The problem with ads is that they are targeted to specific audiences, so what one person gets may be completely different from what other people get. I, for example, rarely see the ads people complain about, probably because the ads system sees I'm from Portugal and doesn't know what to do with me.

The next time you get and ad blocking content try to get a screen grab, so you can show it to SkepticOverlord to allow him to correct the problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod

Ditto. As soon as it becomes painful - poof, I'm out for the day.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Change the zoom in your browser. I'm using Opera and it works at 100% but at 110% (what I usually use) I can't click on any thing on the left side of the screen.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There was a problem with the ad company which caused many members and staff to have really intrusive adverts. The owners cancelled those adverts right away and everyone's ATS went back to the way it usually is - see this post by SkepticOverlord. More in this thread here.

Curiously, a very small number of members have found similar ad issues this past week. Those previous problems never affected my devices, but the current one (like yours) has played up on my android device. I've seen a couple of members saying they'd cleaned history and cache and that'd fixed it for them.

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

What's going on ?

Yo! Pinocchio!! I posted in the thread, Seagull posted in the thread and then the owner, SkepticOverlord, posted in the thread with an explanation alongside fellow owner Springer. So you had plenty of feedback and the solution.

If you don't read your own threads, don't make a fool of yourself by making false claims about them.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

There was a problem with the ad company which caused many members and staff to have really intrusive adverts. The owners cancelled those adverts right away and everyone's ATS went back to the way it usually is - see this post by SkepticOverlord. More in this thread here.

Curiously, a very small number of members have found similar ad issues this past week. Those previous problems never affected my devices, but the current one (like yours) has played up on my android device. I've seen a couple of members saying they'd cleaned history and cache and that'd fixed it for them.

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

What's going on ?

Yo! Pinocchio!! I posted in the thread, Seagull posted in the thread and then the owner, SkepticOverlord, posted in the thread with an explanation alongside fellow owner Springer. So you had plenty of feedback and the solution.

If you don't read your own threads, don't make a fool of yourself by making false claims about them.

Oops maybe I shoulda gone back to that thread again, sorry! 👍🏻

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I started a thread a few days ago about an ad popping up on the left side of the screen. Although mods didn’t comment directly I haven’t got that ad sense, so they may be doing something behind the scene.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The issues described in this thread are likely zoom set too high or a browser that needs to be updated and the cache cleared.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It happens to Me too and Ive seen others post on it...so its got to be a little more than "on your end".

I assure you... we ALL do not have any such issues therefore..... Sorry, but true. And folks stop coming here? Why?

100's of 1,000's of members longtime have never left, few to no issues years and years w no expensive devices, tricks, cache cleaning... whatever.

It is on the person experiencing difficulty's end. We all do not, nor have not... had any such issues.

Hey... Go o the library or use a friend's or multiple friends devices and ck them to see.

Youll get your answer.... whichever way! Good luck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
The issues described in this thread are likely zoom set too high or a browser that needs to be updated and the cache cleared.

Thank you, sir!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know I'm a bit late to the party...but I was just thinking to myself a day or two ago...

I actually haven't seen any ads whatsoever in some time. I don't recall when I stopped seeing them, just that I don't see them at all anymore.

Also, my AdBlock for FF is disabled for all of ATS

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

I didn't change any setting on my iPAD. Whatever was causing a bounce to another site stopped shortly after your response in this thread.

Thank you for your attention in this matter. I'm sure it inspired the necessary action.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Um, lots of users are having the problem..been multiple threads on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

i use several pc's with different browsers, an android and an ios
there are ads, but none block content or make the site not workable.

i like chrome, every week ill go to C:Users\appdatalocal and delete the google folder
keep in mind, your chrome will go back to default if you do this.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Thanks, I do use chrome exclusively ..do you lose your settings going back to default?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join