It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam demands Monsanto pays compensation for Agent Orange victims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I am surprised that Monsanto has not been sued into extinction . My understanding is, the Bayer buying Monsanto, is a done deal.. I would bet some of the board meetings at Bayer are "INTERESTING"..

Vietnam has demanded Monsanto pay compensation to the victims of Agent Orange, which the company supplied to the US military during the Vietnam War.

It is estimated that almost 12 million gallons of Agent Orange was sprayed on 30,000 miles of Vietnamese jungle. They also sprayed Agent orange around fire support bases to keep the burm (kill zone) clear. I had a good friend that sprayed from a helicopter that died when he was 42 years of age; Finger/toe nails turned to mush as many of his internal organs did to. It was not a quick and easy death for him.

Since Monsanto lost the www.independent.co.uk... it did not take long for others to que up.. The Military and of course Monsanto claimed for many years those who were dying from exposure were not the result of the Dioxin in Agent Orange just like they have said about the use of Round-Up herbicide and its' glyphosate is safe .

Maybe once this dam is broken there will be no turning back for Monsanto and some of their products ? There were actually ten companies producing Agent Orange for the military and you can bet the military/Monsanto supplied the technical specifications for the product to all the companies concerned.

Bayer should have been reading ATS over the years and they might not have offered to buy Monsanto, no ? By the end of July 2018 there were 8000 lawsuits filed against Monsanto and their product Round-Up. Bayer stock has dropped by at least 10% the last time I checked..

Millions still suffer to this day, as deformities are passed down to the offspring of exposed victims including Vietnamese and American forces.

Monsanto has argued: “The government set the specifications for making Agent Orange and determined when, where and how it was used. Agent Orange was only produced for, and used by, the government.”

That is the deal.. They were making that stuff for Uncle Scammy so that may be an out for them and throw the whole lawsuit or legal action back on the U.S. tax payers.... Or.... just say no and I will see you in court in a few decades.

www.yahoo.com...
edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Fair call mate ..,

What is the goal ?

🧜‍♀️

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Roundup is still sold at Ace Hardware, Lowe's, Home Depot and it has caused the Red Tide here in Florida to explode. They're teflon. Can't be touched and Bayer knows it. If Monsanto can be sued, so can the feds and military and that is not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Fair call mate ..,

What is the goal ?

🧜‍♀️

perhaps the goal will be in setting the precident so that the 100s of thousands of USA troops who also suffer physical maladays from being poisoned by Agent Organge can get recognized and helped....

the official stance is that Agent Orange is a non-event chemical to the troops in SE Asia

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
We can only hope that this and the other Roundup law suits bring the company to its knees and grinds them into dust.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

perhaps the goal will be in setting the precident so that the 100s of thousands of USA troops who also suffer physical maladays from being poisoned by Agent Organge can get recognized and helped.

what about the Vietnamese a lot more of those suffered. Adleast the US soliders signed up for it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would have thought going after those that used it would be a better approach?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

what about the Vietnamese a lot more of those suffered. Adleast the US soliders signed up for it.

While I understand you sentiment I assure you no one signed up to be poisoned by a product that was claimed harmless to humans. The Vietnamese are still being poisoned by the residual effects of Agent Orange.. many of my generation who served in theater were either lucky and not poisoned or already dead.

Many videos but here is one youtu.be...

youtu.be...
Dioxin is not water soluble...it is the gift that keeps on giving.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Actually many of those US soldiers were conscripted.

But yeah let’s not forget the Vietnamese either, it was a pointless war that gained nobody nothing except misery and suffering. Meanwhile corporations like Monsanto profited from it.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I had an uncle that was a dog handler in Vietnam Nam during the war. He said that he traveled through miles of dead jungle where they had sprayed defoliants. He said that not only were all the leaves gone, but there wasn’t anything living to be seen. No birds, mammals, reptiles or even insects.
He died from two different rare forms of cancer about 15 years after the war.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
They should pay compensation with beer.
With Vietnam's economy I would say 3 or 4 cases will just about cover it.

But seriously, the military sprayed the crap not Monsanto.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Monsanto developed it and sold it. If they hadn't designed it then it wouldn't have been used. I think they share as much of the blame as the military...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The Vietnamese economy is doing just fine but you do make a good point about the military being the ones who used it.

Military says they want something to spray that will knock the jungle down.. Monsanto steps up and says, "lookie here, we got something for you" !
All the big boys are happy and making money .. who would have thought that there would still be dire effects from that decision 45 years later ?

There were no protective gear for the guys who sprayed Agent Orange nor were there warnings to the troops who were sent in a sprayed area.

Kinda reminds me of the nuclear test that exposed our troops to the fallout and radiation.. No problem your sacrifice is for science even though we will tell you all is safe. youtu.be... Maybe the paperclip boys had more of a say so than many would ever guess ?

Round-up with its' glyphosate which is now found in everything from cereal to mothers milk will have many future dates in court, would be my guess, judging by all the lawsuits already filed...

They will bring out all kinds of experts saying glyphosate is safe just like the tobacco industry which had professional proof that nicotine was not addictive; if you have enough money you can buy all the professionals you need to sing your song..Those who can not be bought are conspiracy theorist or labeled a NAZI Loon etc etc.... we will have to wait and see how all this goes down. But I would not be buying any Bayer or Monsanto stock anytime in the near or far future.. But hey that is just me//

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

perhaps the goal will be in setting the precident so that the 100s of thousands of USA troops who also suffer physical maladays from being poisoned by Agent Organge can get recognized and helped.

Signed up for it???

How little you know!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Monsanto developed it and sold it. If they hadn't designed it then it wouldn't have been used. I think they share as much of the blame as the military...

They would had used daisy cutters and napalm instead then and would had been alot worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Here is the long version of Neil Young's song, "The Monsanto Years"...

Enjoy...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like the introduction to Monsanto having free rein with the all important food supply.

Corn ? Free range ? No ... all gm.

This is bigger than we know.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Paying for the clean-up & lifelong care related to your very toxic product even decades later should go without saying. Agent Orange was a horrific weapon, dare I say in more ways than the nukes we dropped on Japan were. This aftermath lasts a hell of a lot longer. Nuclear weapon contamination will subside with time (a lot of time) but subsurface dioxin...will barely change much if left undisturbed. It has the potential to be the horrible gift that keeps on giving for eons.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Clean up as such could possibly require relinquishing historic strains and genetics ...!

It is a disaster.

We don't hear much about the GOM these days ...

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Some people may find this interesting !!!
www.toxicremnantsofwar.info...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join